You Know Your A Narnia Fan When...

AlwaysHis324

I thought this would be a fun list to compile. I'm working on a Narnia section for my own website, and this would be fun to put on there.

You know your a Narnia fan when...

~you have more then one copy of each of the books
~you check every wardrobe you find for other worlds
~you are extremely cautious of putting on green rings
~you know what turkish delight is
~you know what turkish delight tastes like
~you have made turkish delight
~your favorite animal is a lion
~you know Narnian geography/history better then your own country's history
~you talk to animals and expect them to talk back

I've got more and I'll post them later. Feel free to add your own!

ahhahahahaha!!! :lol: that was funny.

i cant think of any though. theres only 2 on there that dont describe me [ my favorate animal is a donkey and goat and ive never made turkish delight; i only post recipis of it.] when i was realy little i would actually go into wardrobes and start kicking on the back wall hoping i would make it to narnia. now i only open the door and touch the back with my hand. [ i may break it if i stand in it now]

~when you name your DNS server Aslan

Thats actually old news. Aslan has been replaced by Frodo.

(all of our servers at work is named after lotr charaters)

(If you have one named Merry and you don't need it anymore, send it to me :D )

- you go into a lion's cage in the circus and say people not to worry. Even if if the lion is stepping up to you... and opening its mouth... but hey, it's only gonna lick you, what could possible happen?

- you come out of the cage alive

- you sould go in again

- the other animals follow you and eventually offer the lion to eat them

- YOU offer the lion to eat you

- you read a newspaper article about a serious train accident and curse because you weren't there

- swear to go by train more often

- are disappointed because there are no more crashs and go to the carribbean isles to look for the pirates' door into Narnia

- swear at yourself because you didn't think of painting a picture of a ship before you arrived at St. Helena

- you startle and suddenly pay attantion to your teacher during history lesson because you thought you heard something like '1900' and 'England'

- you jump and shout when he says 'Lewis'

- the whole class stares at you and is asking themselves why you get so excited about Louis XIV. of France

And sorry to anyone of you who was involved in a train accident. No offence meant.

- when you call Santa "Father Christmas."

- when you're sad seeing statues and hope that Aslan will come soon to set them free from their spell.

- when winged horses come to your mind when you see a strawberry

- when your mind gets full of great adventures when you see the Caspian Sea on the globe.

- when people look at you funny because you say phrases like "By gum."

- when you put on green rings and jump in puddles trying to find another world.

- when you call all gloomy people "marshwiggles."

- when you call a foolish person, "a second Rabadash."

- when you call stupid people "duffers."

- when you get indignant when you hear someone say they've never heard of C.S. Lewis

then there's the obvious one:

- when you go to online message boards discussing Narnia.

Originally posted by Dragon@Jul 21 2004, 06:26 PM
- when you call Santa "Father Christmas."

- when you're sad seeing statues and hope that Aslan will come soon to set them free from their spell.

- when your mind gets full of great adventures when you see the Caspian Sea on the globe.

- when people look at you funny because you say phrases like "By gum."
Hahahaha!!!!!!! :D :D :D
That's awesome! I know that last year, I was all, "I'm gonna act like I'm British/English;" the 'calling santa "father christmas" is something I did when I was 12 or so. Man, these are hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Welcome, welcome, Dragon!

Haha, I've been very ammused by reading this topic. (Which is ofcourse the only reason why people post....to ammuse me. :rolleyes:) Well, applaud yourselves; you're doing a very good job at it! ;)

Here's one I do often: Whenever I see a large wardrobe, "If you step inside be sure to leave the door open, because eveyone knows it's very foolish to shut oneself into any wardrobe." ;)

~( * Luni

Originally posted by AlwaysHis324@Jul 17 2004, 02:03 AM

~you have more then one copy of each of the books

~you know what turkish delight is
~you know what turkish delight tastes like

~ you own a special edition set of the books and an old paperback set you loan out in order to drag others into the fold

~ you've tried turkish delight and pretended to like it

Originally posted by Cymrugirl@Jul 23 2004, 10:52 AM

~ you've tried turkish delight and pretended to like it
Haha, that'd be me too, ('cause I really don't like sweets much at all).

( * Lunis

- when you can rattle off all the cast members from the BBC adaptations like it's no big deal

- correspondingly, you've got into trouble when you saw Harry Potter at the theatre because you started yelling, "Go Reepicheep!!" whenever Flitwick was on the screen.

~When you begin every sentence to your dad with "Oh my father and oh the delight of my eyes!"
~When you have pets named Caspian, Reepicheep, and goodness, I've forgotten all the others...
~When you proudly say, "My last name is Lewis, L-E-W-I-S, like the author of the Chronicles of Narnia..."
~When you're insulted because the person to whom you said that has no clue what you're talking about.
~When you think that other worlds' existing is, in fact, quite as logical as Professor Kirke claims, and don't understand why no one else seems to think so.
~When you believe that stars are actually people and mention that you'd like to meet one of them someday.
~When you consistently refer to Jesus as "Aslan."
~When you absolutely love wardrobes, and wish you had them everywhere.
~When you feel the exact opposite about stone statues, especially of animals...
~When you wonder why mice (and other small animals) are so small... they should be 1 to 2 feet tall, right?
~When you walk around talking to trees (and even rapping on them...), trying to get them to wake up.
~When you think of bridges as bindings on the rivers.
~When you forget the world is round, and think you'd like to sail to the edge someday, or at least as far as Ramandu's island...
~When you see people and say, "I'm quite sure that person has some dwarvish (or dryad or naiad or giantish, etc., whatever the case may be) blood in them somewhere..."
~When you think that if you had twin boys, it would be nice to name them Cor and Corin.
~When you stop to hope and pray before you eat meat that it wasn't a talking beast.
~When you so much as overhear someone discussing C.S. Lewis or Narnia and immediately look upon them as kindred spirits.

Well, I could go on forever and ever, but I'd like to leave some ideas for other people. And I have to go to bed! Haha, I like all of your ideas, guys, especially the Caspian Sea one, because that was SO my sisters and me... :lol:

-when you legally change your name to Roonwit

-when you stop thinking of unicorns as fluffy and gentle and start respecting the killing power of those horns sticking out of their heads

-when you read "Bridge to Terebinthia" just because the title bears resemblance to the name of a Narnian island (but really, read it, it's good)

-when you sit and think a little too hard about those statues of lions on the steps of the Chicago Art Institute

-when anytime there's a snowstorm, you are of the opinion that a large, glowing lion would help the situation much more than a snowplow would

-when you wear a shirt that says "Sure, you know about the ONE RING to rule Middle-Earth, but do you now about the TWO RINGS that can get you there?" to the opening of Return of the King

Originally posted by Y. Fish@Jul 30 2004, 11:41 AM

-when you wear a shirt that says "Sure, you know about the ONE RING to rule Middle-Earth, but do you now about the TWO RINGS that can get you there?" to the opening of Return of the King
Ohhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be sooooo incredibly awesome!!!! I can hardly express how cool that would be! Im gonna try and get one of those shirts...Now if only I could incorporate The Matrix and a couple other movies into that...How 'bout if the front said what you've already said, but instead of saying "the two rings that can get you there" it were to say "the two rings that can get you 'There and Back Again'"?

Maybe (on the back):
"And, if you do know, would you choose the blue ring or the red ring?"
Or possibly substitute "pill" on the back for "ring"

Heh, I don't think you can get that shirt anywhere. I made it. But the pill thing is a cool variation. Maybe you could make your own.

I like the shirt idea. I wanted to make one for the RotK premier but i didn't...I think i wore my Aragorn shirt though...yep i did. lol i'm such a lotrs freak...

Yea, I really didn't have anything LotR-ish to wear to the premier of RotK. I was so depressed, cuz when I got there, I saw people dressed like elves all over. There was one rather large man dressed as Gimli, and another guy who had the whole Aragorn/Strider getup on. And there I was, with the One Ring on a twine string around my neck. <_< I loosened up after they showed the Spider-Man 2 trailer, cuz while everybody was clapping, one guy shouted "Spider-man sucks!" It was hilarious.

i got a bunch of those little art ware pages lying around [art ware: little papers u can draw or print something of the computer on to then iorn it on to youre shirt] mostly ive just made ''save the whalles'', ''save the trees'', save the bats'' ect. shirts but i should make one of the ring ones fishy.

Man, I really had some other good things to say about knowing when you're a Narnia fan, but I forgot most of them.
Here are the ones I remembered.

when your friends are planting a tree and you tell them to make sure it's not Uncle Andrew...

when you see precious stones and wonder what they must have looked like in Bism...

when you check other people's cookbooks to make sure they don't have "Man" or "Marshwiggle" in them...

when the idea of a lamp-post in the middle of the woods doesn't seem strange to you at all...

when you wonder why everything you drop on the ground doesn't in fact grow into a tree...

when you call anything with one leg a "dufflepud"...

when you try to say "respectable" but always say "respectabiggle" instead...

when you can easily list the things you would wish for if you caught the white stag and you secretly hunt for him every day...

when you run out to the woods on the night of the first snow-fall, because you want to join in the "Dance of the First Snowfall" with the dryads, fauns, and dwarves, but when you reach the woods you realize with disappointment you're in the wrong world...

(by faeriechylde) when your friends are planting a tree and you tell them to make sure it's not Uncle Andrew...

when you check other people's cookbooks to make sure they don't have "Man" or "Marshwiggle" in them...

Great! haha!

(good one about taking unicorns seriously, whoever posted that one)

Let's see here.....

- if you see a large snake or worm and wonder whether it's a witch
and invite your friends to go hunt for it.

- when you secretly dip your hand in the sea to check whether it's sweet.

- when you respect the tails of mice.

- when you see someone else reading it, or simply see it on their bookshelf, and strike up a fast conversation about it (happened to me just as I was starting getting interested in them this spring).

- if you see a lone door (like at a construction site) standing wihout walls, you walk around it and peek through the keywhole to see if it goes anywhere.

- when you make up motifs on the piano for different characters in the storys. (I, myself am working on one for the White Witch)

hm, can't think of any more at the moment.

Back