New Wonka Movie

I really hope this film works out- I used to literally read myself stupid on Roald Dahl books as a kid, but I didn't like the Gene wilder film at all- it just didn't fit my own imaginings..shame..but Depp is cracking and Burton is very cool too, so we shall see!

lol, I love the way how Depp says "You're really weird" in that last tv-spot. I can't wait to see the context of that sentence.

I'v just managed to ahve a look at one of the trailers (grr dial-up does so not rock) - looks good- nice and modrn, amusing biut at the end- Depp walking into a glass door or something? But, that music! It sounds like helium fuelled squirrels and it's stuck with me for the rest of the night -ech!

If you want a laugh, watch the German trailer - the song is way creepier in German, and you get to see the puppets on fire (which was deemed to inappropriate for America's child audiences).

HAHA! That was great!

BTW, remember that this movie is Tim Burton's take on the Rold Dahl book, not a remake of the old movie.

dang straight. I'm really wanting to see it for his take on it. Not to compare it to the old, but then again, i love gene wilder. So i still think he was a great wonka.

tg

monkeh

monkeh ive always wondered what your avatar is from?but ya me and my cuz will be going to see willy wonka, i loved the book when my class read it in grade 3

I dont know if you all know this, but the remake is based on the book not on the original movie. The book is more dark and evil than what the original movie shows, and Burton is doing what should have been done a long time ago. A movie more like the book, and not a movie that is all happy and lovey. I am telling a lot of people this, b/c i dont want them dissapointed when they see that the movie isnt AT ALL like the original, b/c it wont be. I am really REALLY excitied for this movie, not only am i a HUGE fan of tim burton, but also i love the book. The original movie was pretty good, but nothing compared to the book.

I knew that actually. Thats why i've been so excited about this. Now the new second trailer just makes me more excited about it.

tg

tgraveline said:
Now the new second trailer just makes me more excited about it.

tg

Well, believe it or not, I have not seen one trailer yet. I have seen an advertisement in my magazine and my nieghbor told me about it, but thats all. :)

yeah, there is not as much advertising for this movie i would have expected. Its just interesting how most of the movies i look forward to are not so advertised anymore.

tg

TG. I think it has alot to do with the fact that Reloaded, LOTR, and EP I & II(Ep III not so much) were all so over hyped, that since then, nothing seems like its advertised very anymore. Even though alot of movies are being advertised as much as movies used to be.

That could be so my friend. Now I just have to say where have you been and how you doin buddy? Its been awhile agian, lol. Take care and come on here more often. Please!!!

tg

I prefer that one, and joy of joys, Charlie has an english accent! Please don't be offended guys but if he was American it wouldn't have seemed right!
Depp looks verty cool, and as always he's thrown himself face first into the role, but I had imagined him as being a little older perhaps?

But of course he does, its our young peter from finding neverland. I just love that kid right now. I know what you mean about depp looking older, i think thats more of the gene wilder affect he had. You would think that a guy thats retiring basically would be older.

tg

I didn't really like the Gene Wilder movie, I was a definite book purist when I first saw it and felt pretty horrified! I think they need to add some latex wrinkles to old Johnny boy, make him look a little beautiful too.

Saw a preview for this at War of the Worlds today. It doesn't look too bad - and the kids are English - which is good.

waterhogboy said:
and the kids are English - which is good.
except, of course, Mike Teevee, who represents us violence-loving, video-game playing, North Americans. lol I'm not saying that in a bitter way. It's a very true stereotype of us from the US.

Back