Nostalgia Critic review

That was a very good review. I'm glad that he enjoyed the movie, and likes the story of LWW. I too was impressed with how they adapted it into a movie.

All right, I watched the review. It was mostly good; but I bristled when the man said that the Christian significance "beat you over the head." Since when is it that _only_ Christian faith and ideas are required to be diluted and muted beyond recognition? Today's movies are _never_ abashed about promoting atheism, occultism, violence and sexual immorality.

Unfortunately Copperfox is right here. I use to watch it regularly, but the series has a bit of a blasphemous tone. The "Star Wars Holiday Special" episode includes "Santa Christ" (a subversive character which is a mixture of the two" and this week's review of "Ghost Rider" had a mocking false Bible verse read from a Bible reference that was in shockingly bad taste and very anti-Christian. While I was willing to overlook the language this week really crossed the line.

It was a rotten review. Ok, maybe not rotten, but ignorant. If you are surprised that the Christian themes in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are central, clear, and in the foreground, then you're not very familiar with the author and his literature. Perhaps then you are not well-qualified to blog a groovy review in the obnoxious tone of voice of a slightly annoyed post-modern young adult.

All right, I watched the review. It was mostly good; but I bristled when the man said that the Christian significance "beat you over the head." Since when is it that _only_ Christian faith and ideas are required to be diluted and muted beyond recognition? Today's movies are _never_ abashed about promoting atheism, occultism, violence and sexual immorality.

But he follows the 'beats you over the head' comment with "I didn't really mind it at all", so I don't see that it matters all that much.

Back