Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i thought the same ... at the beginning i felt like i saw revenge of the sith the space battle.
but maybe it's because the director is more a star wars fan ... and ILM makes the CGI-effects.

he's a Romulan

Romulan huh? I should have guessed that, green garments, Roman like emperor name. :)

Edit: What did you think of actor that plays Kirk? I think he looks too much like that actor from Twilight (please note I am not a Twilight fan nor have seen anything but previews and pics at the books stores) and bit like Anakin.

Loved It! *** SPOILERS ***

*** Spoilers Ahead! ***

First of all, LOVED IT!

Great Star Trek movie, but probably the best one for non-Trekkies ever, because it's a great action movie.

Loved young Kirk, he was awesome. Loved young Spock, also awesome, almost dead-on Spock. Loved young McCoy, that guy did a great job and deserved more screen time. Loved Uhura, she was lovely. Loved Sulu and Chekov. These three more minor characters weren't dead-on like Spock and Kirk, but I thought they did great. The accent didn't bother me with Chekov because they made it clear he was barely out of the Academy, just 17, and so his accent would improve by the time of the original series.

OK, is Marc Leonard dead, who used to play Spock's father? I really missed him. Unless that was him, and he just looks like death on a cracker?!

And, what was with Leonard Nimoy's dentures?! They made him whistle when he talked. I really was distracted by that. No matter how bad his real teeth are, they should have just doctored them up how they could and not made him wear those bad dentures. Otherwise, he did fine.

I want to see it again, because it moved so fast, I didn't have the chance to really memorize everything. I hope maybe my brothers will want to go next week when I am visiting in their town again.

What I didn't like, besides old Spock's dentures/voice was that they didn't go back in time, save Romulus, and Vulcan, and prevent Kirk's father's being killed! Because they didn't do this, all the Trek history that we know, doesn't happen.

Of course, this opens the franchise up to new movie adventures that don't have to tally with the old Star Trek lore, which is great, new Trek movies with the old Trek characters.

But still ... Kirk's growing up without a dad radically changes the landscape, as does the Federation without Vulcan. Imagine all the contributions that don't get made because of the destruction of Vulcan ... The whole time-line thing is mind-boggling.

Nevertheless, I did love the movie. I will have to see it again before I can report my favorite scenes. It all went by so fast.

he fits good as kirk ... and the choice for his father was good ... XD
at the beginning i thought so many times on princess diaries 2 ... he played a main role there ... but after a few minutes i could forget it and i just saw kirk on the screen. zachary quinto for me was one of the highlights ... his interpretation of spock was amazing. the cast did a great job ... expect eric bana ... i don't know ... he wasn't so bad if he should XD

Inking, may I ask this one simple question? Did it feel like Star Trek? That is what I have worried about most from seeing the previews. The fact they are saying It's the Star Trek for everyone means to me it isn't really Star Trek, because obviously Star Trek isn't for everyone. :)

Inking, may I ask this one simple question? Did it feel like Star Trek? That is what I have worried about most from seeing the previews. The fact they are saying It's the Star Trek for everyone means to me it isn't really Star Trek, because obviously Star Trek isn't for everyone. :)
well i'm not a trekkie ... i like star trek but i'm not a fan. it was fun too see the film but i guess i can't answer this question

Romulan huh? I should have guessed that, green garments, Roman like emperor name. :)

Edit: What did you think of actor that plays Kirk? I think he looks too much like that actor from Twilight (please note I am not a Twilight fan nor have seen anything but previews and pics at the books stores) and bit like Anakin.

To be honest, I think he's exactly who Kirk was in his younger days before he became a high-ranking officer. Kirk has always struck me as being someone with no cares, no desires to do much with his life; at least in his younger days. I think that this movie shows how Kirk might have become the Captain that we all know and love.

*** Spoilers Ahead! ***

First of all, LOVED IT!

Great Star Trek movie, but probably the best one for non-Trekkies ever, because it's a great action movie.

Loved young Kirk, he was awesome. Loved young Spock, also awesome, almost dead-on Spock. Loved young McCoy, that guy did a great job and deserved more screen time. Loved Uhura, she was lovely. Loved Sulu and Chekov. These three more minor characters weren't dead-on like Spock and Kirk, but I thought they did great. The accent didn't bother me with Chekov because they made it clear he was barely out of the Academy, just 17, and so his accent would improve by the time of the original series.

OK, is Marc Leonard dead, who used to play Spock's father? I really missed him. Unless that was him, and he just looks like death on a cracker?!

And, what was with Leonard Nimoy's dentures?! They made him whistle when he talked. I really was distracted by that. No matter how bad his real teeth are, they should have just doctored them up how they could and not made him wear those bad dentures. Otherwise, he did fine.

I want to see it again, because it moved so fast, I didn't have the chance to really memorize everything. I hope maybe my brothers will want to go next week when I am visiting in their town again.

What I didn't like, besides old Spock's dentures/voice was that they didn't go back in time, save Romulus, and Vulcan, and prevent Kirk's father's being killed! Because they didn't do this, all the Trek history that we know, doesn't happen.

Of course, this opens the franchise up to new movie adventures that don't have to tally with the old Star Trek lore, which is great, new Trek movies with the old Trek characters.

But still ... Kirk's growing up without a dad radically changes the landscape, as does the Federation without Vulcan. Imagine all the contributions that don't get made because of the destruction of Vulcan ... The whole time-line thing is mind-boggling.

Nevertheless, I did love the movie. I will have to see it again before I can report my favorite scenes. It all went by so fast.

Again, I will say that Trek canon isn't as strict as Star Wars canon. Star Wars canon is written out, and you have to follow it. you can't do alternate universes, time travel or something similar. At least, you can't get away with doing it. now, having reiterated a point I've said over and over again, I believe that the upcoming sequel will help explain what happened after the Narada (which I believe was Nero's ship) was destroyed. We all know that Vulcan, Romulus, Kirk's Father, and Spock's mother existed in TOS and the movies. What we don't know, is what happened before those events. That's the beauty of Star Trek. You can seemingly change the storyline, but we all know where it ends up eventually.

this movie helps to round out TOS. When anybody asks me, "Is it a true Trek film?" I say, "yes, it is." Another wonderful thing about this movie is that there is little-to-no spiritual content. I felt like that was a little bit too heavy in TOS and other series and films. Not to mention, EVERYONE is saying that this was better than all the others combined. Frankly, making a Trek movie more accessible to everybody is something the other 10 lacked. Trek has always been a nerdy franchise; as is Star Wars. What's wrong with making it a bit less nerdy in order for everyone to enjoy it? My sister, a recently converted Trekkie, loved Voyager (the 4th tv series), but she really disliked the films and other series. Why? I'm not entirely sure. But now, after she's been living with her husband since November (after they got married) she's now a full-fledged Trekkie, who adores Next Gen and loves the movies, but loves this movie even more. She even said, "despite all the plot holes Abrams set up, the movie was great."

I'm a TOS trekkie. I can't stand Next Gen, DS9 or Enterprise. I only like Star Trek VI: Undiscovered Country. Did you know, that Star Trek XI is just about the cleanest Trek film in terms of language? It is. Which is surprising because all the others were made in the 70s, 80s, and early\mid 90s. That's another plus about the movie. It's cleaner without losing any kind of sparkle.

This is a long post and I've run out of things to say...not to mention my fingers are tired.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have 3 ST books. It's actually a trilogy based on the TOS episode Where No Man Has Gone Before. I like the books; just wish there wasn't quite so much language in them...but they're good. it gives an in-depth look at the friendship between Gary mitchell and Kirk.

I have the giant Star Trek Encylopedia. It has everything a Trekkie needs to get by, however my it a bit out of date. It needs to be expanded since it doesn't include the Enterprise Series nor the latest film.

I think my brother-in-law has some sort of ST encyclopedia. He's the one who gave me those books and he's definitely a Trekkie...I don't think he cared for the new film much. You should see his drawings of the different starships and such. He even designed one himself! And he did them when he was younger. Like in junior high. He's such a talented and smart aerospace engineer; I'm thinking of telling him he needs to apply to whatever company did the special effects of the film and design some ships. ;) He can design them down to the smallest detail; and his details of the Enterprise were perfect.

And that was done with microsoft Paint. These he did by hand with pencils. He's got more trading cards then I thought one person could have. And he has a bunch of model kits.

I imagine you have dozens of pictures of Kale, but here's one I found of him potraying Bones or Dr. McCoy. :D

"He's Dead Jim.." :D

Attachments

• Bones.jpg
    Bones.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
Sir Godfrey said:
Inking, may I ask this one simple question? Did it feel like Star Trek? That is what I have worried about most from seeing the previews. The fact they are saying It's the Star Trek for everyone means to me it isn't really Star Trek, because obviously Star Trek isn't for everyone.
Yah, it definitely seemed like a Star Trek movie. They did great with the characterizations of the main players, even Scottie was not too bad. The biggest disconnect was the idea of the rebellious young Kirk -- you know, in some episode of ToS someone who knew him when says he was like a textbook with legs or a walking encyclopedia back in the Academy, something like that, but in the beginning of this film he is totally rebel without a cause, not a gung-ho Fleet guy and not giving the impression of being that interested in books and learning. But, when you consider that this Kirk grew up without a dad, that's understandable, so it's not to hard to get used to.

Everything in ToS and the other movies up to now was built upon a Federation that included a strong and advanced planet of Vulcan, and a Kirk who was raised by an adoring Star Fleet capr father ... Now, in this new Star Trek universe, where Kirk was fatherless and Vulcan doesn't exist, ToS time basically begins again -- because Nero changed the time-line and no one went back to fix it. That is rather disconcerting, but it also opens up the possibility of new adventures not bound by the old ToS lore. Which is cool considering this cast.

The cast was pretty cool they had bones and Kirk down perfect and i like the idea of the new modernized trek but it seemed to me alot of disconnects and the timing is off and the history was wrong. but all and all it was great and i really enjoyed it i lvoed Karl urban as bones and Zachery Quinto as spock he did quite well you just had to not look at him in his sylar charecation.

I imagine you have dozens of pictures of Kale, but here's one I found of him potraying Bones or Dr. McCoy. :D

"He's Dead Jim.." :D

actually I don't have many pics of Karl, because my fangirl crush on him hasn't been to that great of an extent, but I do have several pics of him from the movie. ;) *looks at siggie longingly*

:p

Yah, it definitely seemed like a Star Trek movie. They did great with the characterizations of the main players, even Scottie was not too bad. The biggest disconnect was the idea of the rebellious young Kirk -- you know, in some episode of ToS someone who knew him when says he was like a textbook with legs or a walking encyclopedia back in the Academy, something like that, but in the beginning of this film he is totally rebel without a cause, not a gung-ho Fleet guy and not giving the impression of being that interested in books and learning. But, when you consider that this Kirk grew up without a dad, that's understandable, so it's not to hard to get used to.

Everything in ToS and the other movies up to now was built upon a Federation that included a strong and advanced planet of Vulcan, and a Kirk who was raised by an adoring Star Fleet capr father ... Now, in this new Star Trek universe, where Kirk was fatherless and Vulcan doesn't exist, ToS time basically begins again -- because Nero changed the time-line and no one went back to fix it. That is rather disconcerting, but it also opens up the possibility of new adventures not bound by the old ToS lore. Which is cool considering this cast.

So in other words Star Trek has been reborn. :)

Gary Mitchell once referred to Kirk as being a walking stack of books. ;)

It should of cource, be absently noted that Trek is full of nonsenscial time paradoxes. So the possibility remains this one will be overlooked as well.

It does seem unlikely however.

(The biggest arguement for, is that with the timeline altered, Nero should never have made his mission back in time, and thus the timeline never changed at all.)

I watched the movie but I did not like it much. I don't have time to post all the stuff I think was not cool (and some that was), but I'll do it soon.

Back