The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Stone Table > Prayer Requests

Notices

Prayer Requests Need Prayers? We're here for you!

Old 05-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Friend of Narnia

NarniaFan95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More Hard Times in the Family

I know I haven't been on in a few months, a lot's been going on, and honestly, nothing's really getting better. Dad's shoulder WAS torn, and judging by the MRI, the injury occurred last year when his arm was rolled up in a mold and the doctor at the time told him it was a sprain. This doctor told him it was torn almost to the point of being inoperable, but he had surgery last Tuesday and it is fixed, but he will be off work for at least three weeks, and in a sling for a few months. We will be receiving workman's comp checks, but things will still be tight around here.

On top of that, last week, Mom learned that her therapist found a new job and will be leaving in two weeks. Her new job is at a pay-per-session clinic and as we do not have the money to pay for therapy, Mom will not be able to keep the same therapist. There is another therapist at the free location she's been going to who she can switch to, but she is very nervous about having to start all over again with a new therapist (a younger one, who is still in college, although she is almost finished with her master's degree) after it took her almost two years with her current therapist to learn to trust her and build up a rapport.

She's incredibly upset, and confided in me that she's considering just giving up on therapy rather than starting over with a new therapist. She's afraid that the new therapist won't get along with her, or that she'll like her, and then she'll end up getting a different job and leaving, too. While I understand why she is so upset, I think giving up would be the worst thing for her right now. I mean, in some ways, maybe starting over would be good for her. But she's very upset and nervous.

Things have been pretty tense around here...I'm praying every morning and every night still, and sometimes in the middle of the day, but your prayers in addition to my own, as always, are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Liz

(My original thread seems to have gone missing, lol, so I just made a new one, if the old one still exists and can be merged, that'd be great.)

Like to read fanfic? Horror? Romance? A little of each? Check out my Wattpad.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/SupremeQueenSaxon

You will find me
In places where we've never been
For reasons we don't understand
Walking in the wind

Old 06-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Dear NarniaFan95,
I am so sorry your dad's shoulder really was torn but I pray that his healing will be complete and swift now that the needed surgery was done. As for your mom, I pray that the wall of fear that is wrapping its way around her heart and mind would be crushed by the light and truth of Christ. May the Lord sovereignly guide her into a place of peace and healing, and if that means more therapy, may he provide just the right rapport she needs with a counselor that can see her through God's eyes. I am so sorry things have been so tense; may the Lord be very tender to you too, NF, and meet your true needs with his understanding grace.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 06-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Friend of Narnia

NarniaFan95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisse View Post
Dear NarniaFan95,
I am so sorry your dad's shoulder really was torn but I pray that his healing will be complete and swift now that the needed surgery was done. As for your mom, I pray that the wall of fear that is wrapping its way around her heart and mind would be crushed by the light and truth of Christ. May the Lord sovereignly guide her into a place of peace and healing, and if that means more therapy, may he provide just the right rapport she needs with a counselor that can see her through God's eyes. I am so sorry things have been so tense; may the Lord be very tender to you too, NF, and meet your true needs with his understanding grace.
Thank you <3 As always, it is truly appreciated.

I have some good news today. Dad's shoulder seems to be doing well -- he's been doing some exercises they gave him throughout the days to keep the muscle limber, and he has been only taking one pain pill at night before bed, so he hasn't been in much pain.
He has a follow-up appointment on I think Monday or Tuesday to see how it's coming along and to see if he can start physical therapy and talk about when he can return to work.

My Mom met with her new therapist on Wednesday, and while she's still nervous, she is trying to look at it as a fresh start, as she has been feeling stuck for a while now and starting with a new counselor may be just what she needs to get "unstuck."

My older sister has been having problems with her vehicle for about a year now, needing repairs about once or twice a month, but she was able to get a loan from the bank this week and yesterday, she brought home a new (used, lol, but newer) car for a really good deal that is in much better condition and will hopefully be more dependable than her previous car.
In addition to this, she plans on signing her old car (which we just repaired again about a week ago) over to my dad to use to go back and forth to work, which means we will have an extra car around (my car), which will be great, since for about a year, we've had to juggle everybody's schedules to get everybody where they needed to be with only two cars.

Also, my Mom got a phone call today from the eye doctor -- apparently back in April, when she went to get new glasses, she actually overpaid them, so they're sending her a check in the mail with the money she overpaid.

It's just little things, sure, but little things make all the difference. Things may not be perfect, but I hold onto the happy moments. I think everything will be okay, in time.

Thank you, as always, for the prayers.

Love,

Liz

Like to read fanfic? Horror? Romance? A little of each? Check out my Wattpad.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/SupremeQueenSaxon

You will find me
In places where we've never been
For reasons we don't understand
Walking in the wind