• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Dark Side is strong with this one:

the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466.jpeg

The Acolyte Trailer

The Acolyte is rather concerning in that the Sith are saying, “It’s not about good or evil, its about power and who gets to use it.”

One commentor says this sounds like something Sauron would say. But because this series is from The Sith point of view, the creators have opted to paint the Darksiders as underdogs, as if they have been opressed by the Jedi. This could tie into The Legions of Lettow, the first Dark Jedi who were genocided by Jedi.

Much controversy is swirling around this series because the Jedi are the antagonists, and we are getting the perspective of Darkness. However, there is a literary tradition: John Milton’s Paradise Lost is from Satan’s perspecfive, and C. S. Lewis’ Screwtape Letters is a conversation of two demons. If The Acolyte lets viewers see the dark side lens but they ultimately remain with the impression that the Sith are evil, then no harm done. The concern however, is that Sith are using abolitionist & revolutionary language, and that this could end up justifying evil deeds if it means to rise up and take your place in the galaxy.

I shall reserve judgement till the series is released and view it.

Last edited:
The real world is never simple. Vichy France head of state Petain drew large welcoming crowds on his visit to Paris just months before the Normandy landings.
Indeed people want to do good and do bad instead:

“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (Romans 7:15-25)

Shorter version:
“Jesus said, ..the spirit is willing, but the flesh (law of sin, sinful flesh) is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)

Jesus has suffered for our sins and has forgiven them, “And He [that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world,” (1 John 2:2), and “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

If we are to stop letting sin reign over our behavior and deeds, we have to suffer by fighting it/ resisting it: “Not yet have you resisted unto blood, struggling against sin,” (Hebrews 12:4) and “Christ, then, having suffered for us in [the] body, do *ye* also arm yourselves with the same mind; for he that has suffered is done with sin.” (1 Peter 4:1). This resisting sin is not to save our souls, Jesus did that, or merit heaven, but to be regenerated, to stop the behaviors that bring sorrow and pain to others and oursleves.

The Jedi have a similiar belief system. The dark side in place of sin and the flesh. They resist the dark side because of the pain and sorrow it brings into the galaxy, look at Darth Vader he slayed Younglings in Revenge of the Sith and physically abuses people like Padme, Imperial Officers, and women in the Kenobi Series. Trying to justify a monster like him, that he has a “certain point of view,” opens the door fo accepting cruelties and bad behavior. Which is the concern about The Acolyte, that it will justify evil.

Back