Summer Movies

tgraveline

Harley Quinn *growls*
Knight of the Noble Order
Emeritus
So what summer movies are you looking forward to, what do you think is going to be a hit, besides revenge of the sith as that will make a buttload of money and we all know it. So yeah what do you know of thats coming out that you want to see?

tg

ahh yes charlie does look like a good one.

Kingdom of heaven, not so sure, because of how many epics do we need these days now? I mean we are getting like two a year now. Just so many of them.

tg

I'm interested in KoH, but I can't believe (as is my understanding) that they gave Orlando Bloom a better role than Liam Neeson or Jeremy Irons!

Anyhow, that, RotS, and Pink Panther are all I'm interested in--so far!

Somehow I can't see Olando Bloom being the right actor for any part, but hey that might just be because I can't stand him and I think he's a horrible actor. *shuns Orlando Bloom fans* sorry Puddleglum

I think the storyline is going to be "eh" too. I don't think I'll see KoH.

War of the Worlds might be interesting. I'll probably see RotS, but I think my favorite part will be the LWW preview, lol.

puddle_glum19 said:
i saw the preview on the internet and orlando looked as if to be the right guy for the part,

Thus saith the guy with the Orlando Bloom pic as his avvie--big surprise, lol!

DoLW, War of the Worlds looks like it has some potential, but not much. I might go to that one, but I doubt it, since I go to very few movies.

KoH-I'm interested because I really, really, like Medieval Warfare and History, and The Crusades were a big part of that era.

Big movies of the summer?

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (well, April is close enough to summer isn't it?)
"Batman Begins"
"Fantastic Four"
"War of the Worlds"
"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

Last edited:
Hitchhiker's is practically now, it's spring. Less than two weeks!

Kingdom of Heaven is, of course going to be awful. Just like Troy and Arthur and the 80 billion other "epics." Orlando holds a special place in my heart because of his terrible acting. But did you see the clip where he's the one giving the rousing Aragorn-esque speech to his army? Come on. . .

I wanna read that book. My sister read the first chapter while training her laptop and it sounded really interesting - and my form tutor told me all botu the tryphids or whatever - it sounds really good

"Kindom of Heaven"
"Fantastic Four"

I'm planning on seeing KoH for my birthday...you know, I'm not a big Orrie fan, but he looks pretty good now that he's put on fifteen pounds, he might just work for this role.

-Lu

tgraveline said:
So what summer movies are you looking forward to, what do you think is going to be a hit, besides revenge of the sith as that will make a buttload of money and we all know it. So yeah what do you know of thats coming out that you want to see?

tg

beside ROTS :) there's alot:

Batman Begins
Madagascar (luv pixar movies)
War of the World
Mr & Miss Smith
Domino :D going to be saaaaWEET!
Unleashed aka Danny the Dog
Hitchiker guide to Galaxy
The Longest Yard :) i like adam sandler movies.
Fantastic Four

and i'm sure there's more i can't remember atm.

I want to see The Island (Ewan Mcgregor!)
The Intrepretor (which sounds fascinating!)
The Fantastic Four (which looks a little cheesy)
War of the Worlds (which i doubt would be good)
Hitchiker and..
STAR WARS!

My Mam would probably drag me to see KoH. She's a huge fan (i'd like to stress the word "huge") of Orlando Bloom, which is rather depressing since I'm supposed to be the besotted one.

Last edited:
mauly said:
Madagascar (luv pixar movies)
sorry if this puts a damper on your joy, but Madagascar is not Pixar. It's Dreamworks SKG, makers of Shrek and Shark Tale.

mauly probably doesn't care about that kind of thing. He just likes them if they are animated, lol.

tg

Have y'all bought your tickets for RotS yet???

I bought mine on Tuesday, but I had to settle for the 12:05 showing, not the 12:01, cuz that was already sold out. It's still DLP, of course, which is sweetness.

I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to campout for all of us (he's in college, and he'll be out of school by the 19th), and since I won't be able to get to the theatre til around 6, I really think we need someone who can get us a place in line so we don't get lousy seats.

Back