Chronicles of Narnia Radio Theatre

A

Acceber Reyd

You should definitely read The Chronicles of Narnia! It is truly an engaging and intriguing series! But have you heard about the Radio Theatre version of 'Narnia'? This team of producers spent six years creating audio dramas of all seven 'Chronicles of Narnia'. Audio Dramas are like movies that play in your mind -- they get dozens of actors together to record different characters, a composer does an original music score, then they add sound design.

You might be familiar with "sound design" cos they use it in films -- it's when they record footsteps, outdoor ambience and other sounds to match the action of the story. In the case of 'Narnia', they had to create fantastic sounds like the Witch turning people to stone, a dragon flying and Aslan's roar!

The combination of the voices, music and sound design is totally amazing. It's like being in 'Narnia'. I know the movie's going to be great and all, but audio dramas really do more with your imagination. Because they stayed so close to the books, Narnia fans should really check out these authentic versions of C.S. Lewis' work before going to see the Walden/Disney film. Just my opinion.

www.EnterNarnia.com, which looks like it's still in development, has more details about Radio Theatre's 'Narnia' playing on radio this summer, ways to order the dramas, etc. Maybe they'll add behind-the-scenes stuff soon.

Here's the best clip I could find of the dramas... it's not really a clip of the actual drama, but 'The Magician's Nephew' introduction with Douglas Gresham. Gresham (C.S. Lewis' stepson) is the host for all seven dramas:
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/focusonthefamily/radiotheatre/trailers/magiciansnephew.wax

Back