Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Lantern

• Aquaman

• Cyborg

• Total voters
I just saw Justice League. It was amazing! Everything I want from a superhero flick and more.

Oh, and there are two after-credits scenes, so watch out for that.

The CW television series of "The Flash" irritates me. Barry Allen can't seem to get together with _anybody!_ Note that I've only seen the first season. Iris is theoretically Barry's true love, but he let her get away to become involved with Eddie. Felicity from the "Arrow" series would have been a _perfect_ love interest for Barry, but the writers would not permit it to happen. Caitlin would _also_ work very well as a sweetheart for Barry, but they won't let _that_ happen either. Grrrr! :mad:

The CW television series of "The Flash" irritates me. Barry Allen can't seem to get together with _anybody!_ Note that I've only seen the first season. Iris is theoretically Barry's true love, but he let her get away to become involved with Eddie. Felicity from the "Arrow" series would have been a _perfect_ love interest for Barry, but the writers would not permit it to happen. Caitlin would _also_ work very well as a sweetheart for Barry, but they won't let _that_ happen either. Grrrr! :mad:

Man, are you in for a long ride. A certain wedding is being advertised for season 4, though.

Now I'm seeing Barry involved with Patty.... and the imbecile is DOING EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER to shoot himself in the foot with her.

It is, quite unfortunately, a trope that the CW feels compelled to use in every single one of their DC shows. 'Arrow' is even worse about this, honestly.

Actually, it's a common theme in superhero shows and films that the heroes are just terrible at relationships. Not sure why.

On the other hand, some network (not sure which one) is going to do a Black Lightning show. The title character will be forty years, old, married, and a father of two, and also a superhero. Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.

Fresh air indeed!

Meanwhile, in Season Two, The Useless Flash and his friends have had to deal with "Zoom," a monstrous villain SO cruel and wicked and merciless that he makes Reverse Flash appear benevolent. So what happens? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE (once by the aid of Killer Frost, and once by a clever trap), the good guys get the upper hand over Zoom, having a clear chance to kill him and END his reign of terror and murder over TWO Earths. But each time, though knowing that Zoom already is a mass murderer, AND that he is too powerful to keep imprisoned easily, AND that he will keep right on murdering without remorse if he gets away, the astonishingly brain-dead morons LET HIM LIVE.

An old saying applies here: "Who spares the wicked, injures the good."

And my often-repeated (because necessary) Scriptural exposition is also applicable: when Jesus said to love our enemies, He did NOT say or mean that we must positively PREFER the worst of evildoers OVER their innocent victims.

I simply cannot stomach any more viewing of "The Flash," when the good guys make it THEIR ENTIRE AND INVARIABLE BUSINESS to defeat themselves.

Fresh air indeed!

Meanwhile, in Season Two, The Useless Flash and his friends have had to deal with "Zoom," a monstrous villain SO cruel and wicked and merciless that he makes Reverse Flash appear benevolent. So what happens? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE (once by the aid of Killer Frost, and once by a clever trap), the good guys get the upper hand over Zoom, having a clear chance to kill him and END his reign of terror and murder over TWO Earths. But each time, though knowing that Zoom already is a mass murderer, AND that he is too powerful to keep imprisoned easily, AND that he will keep right on murdering without remorse if he gets away, the astonishingly brain-dead morons LET HIM LIVE.

An old saying applies here: "Who spares the wicked, injures the good."

And my often-repeated (because necessary) Scriptural exposition is also applicable: when Jesus said to love our enemies, He did NOT say or mean that we must positively PREFER the worst of evildoers OVER their innocent victims.

I simply cannot stomach any more viewing of "The Flash," when the good guys make it THEIR ENTIRE AND INVARIABLE BUSINESS to defeat themselves.

This is kind of a superhero thing outside of movies, where the villains always die.

Most superheros have a "no-kill" rule, which they follow to the point of lunacy. It's why Arkham Asylum has a reputation as having no standards, and why the Reavers (X-Men villains) even exist.

I guess it's a side effect of trying to make them vigilantes without letting them become criminals?

That and it's kind of a necessary weasel when working with comic books, when you don't want to have to keep coming up with new villains forever, especially when response to a villain is positive. The Joker was implied to have died in his first appearance, but quickly came back.

Gonna revive this thread because of two things: I love DC characters and movies, and there are several things I want to recommend and discuss.

1) My introduction to Superman was when I was a kid and the Superfriends were on TV. My introduction to Batman was the same show, but I also watched the old Batman TV show, followed by Green Hornet and Wonder Woman on FX when that channel was new and had that block of TV every evening, Monday to Friday. My first experience of Superman comic books was the Death of Superman, where he battles Doomsday in a city-wide battle that was unlike anything that I had seen in the movies, at that point. I was also watching Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman on TV at that time as well. Finally, when Man of Steel released in 2013... I finally saw the Superman vs Doomsday fight from the comic book, coming to life on the big screen, only in this film he was fighting Zod. It was everything I had wanted to see in a Superman battle scene.

2) Superman & Lois on the CW is a show I've only seen the first few episodes of, but I am hooked and want to find the time to watch more of it.

3) Documentaries that anyone should watch:

The only one I haven't wasn't really his fault: George Clooney. He's typically fine in things like Ocean's Eleven and stuff like that, but this was a bit of a trainwreck.

The script and flashiness of the movie were both subpar.

I say this as a fan of Batman Forever. I was not a fan of Batman & Robin. I wanted it to be amazing and one of the best Batman movies ever made, but it just didn't go that way, to me.

"Aquaman" is my favorite DC movie. A genuine "hero's journey;" and the now-standard "Women are better than men always and everywhere" dogma was not allowed to dominate the story. Both Mera and Atlanna were undeniably smart and powerful, but Aquaman WAS NOT forced to be a useless dork as was done to Luke Skywalker by Disney.

When "Aquaman" came out, I went to see it in theaters SEVEN times; then I bought THREE video copies. I bought an Aquaman T-shirt and an Aquaman ski cap. But after I learned how Amber Heard ACTUALLY abused Johnny Depp and lied about everything, I can't go to a movie she's in. Thus, no going to "Aquaman Two." Nor will I buy a video of it, except a used one.

For me, since she's already getting paid for it, I will check it out. I mean, I did buy the Zack Snyder Justice League Blu-ray, and she's briefly in that.

That said, yeah, I agree about the horrible stuff that she did to Depp. She should have been recast. I am supporting the rest of the cast and crew who have nothing to do with her actions, and needed a job.

My personal favorite of the new movies is still Man of Steel, though. I really want a direct sequel to that one.

I have one gripe with "Man of Steel." It is the notion that Superman should feel guilty about killing Zod. Zod was obviously ultra-evil, had no conscience about murdering defenseless people, could not realistically be imprisoned on Earth, and could not be stopped by anyone but Superman. Executing Zod was not "hateful revenge;" it was a NECESSITY, to protect billions of people who deserved life more than Zod did. Same applies to the brave human general who was able to slay the other evil Kryptonians because he had access to the weapon which COULD kill them.

To pass up the opportunity to save Earth..... to be "merciful" by NOT killing those actively-threatening monsters...... would NOT have been a virtuous action. It would have been dereliction of duty.

Back