Whats your fave between lotr and CON?

she-elfwarrior19

Whats your fave series, lord of the rings? Or chronivles of Narnia? Me of course i would totally choose Narnia, but im still a huge lotr fan to
what do you think? :eek:

I would probably have to pick Lord of the Rings over Chronicles of Narnia simply because of the depth in the former. If I had to choose between Lewis and Tolkien as authors that would prove more difficult. They had such different styles and aren't really comparable.
that's my two cents
-DoLW

icic

ic ic, well that your opinion but one of my reasons are that i grew up learning and reading narnia so i am kinda more close to it
anyone else that can choose between go for it?

well I used to like CoN better but Then when the LotR movies came out that really hooked me but now that they have all come out and its "over" Iv kinda gone back to reading and loving CoN ;)

Lord of the Rings if my favorite of the two, though it is a really close call. They're such different entities that it's hard to decide.

fave

as much as i love the lotr movie's im still more hooked on CON. But i hope the lww movie will be better then the lotr ones. I have collected a few lotr action toys, but i saw a few images of the LWW ones and they look way better in my opinion :)

a new question for you

ok so you chose between lotr and CON now choose between Harry Potter. Me i absolutely "hate" (sorry) HP. So whats your fave now between these three? is this a hard or easy question?

Potter is not as well wrtten (imo) as either LotR or CoN, although the thought behind it and the created world are very interesting, LotR is far more detailed- the languages, the history, CoN is just beautiful but I would have liked to have seen it taken further.
It's very difficult to choose a favorite. do like HP, and have no problems with it's supposed links to witch craft (I'm keeping away from the other thread on that subject because I may rant) , but I don't beleive it could be better than LotR iin any way, and I will always have a hge love for NArnia because it was the first book of it's kind which I read.

Hmm, it is difficoult to choose...LOTR is more hmmmmm grown up, there is more complicated plot and so one..but CoN was my first love of fantasy, I remember, when I was a little child and I was watching the series few times in television, always, when I had winter holidays...:) CoN has got a specific magic of childhood..magic of my dreams about the door in my wordrobe..Really, I don't know, which one...:)

And potter?:)I like him, but the LOTR and Narnia are more important!

Last edited:
thats interesting

yes i agree, the charecters are all unique and beautiful, but i pretty much grew up with CON since i was little so i kinda choose con over lotr but still love lotr aswell

tough call

Rosy, I didn't see your avatar before today, it is beautiful!

I haven't read the HP books, so I cannot comment on them. But between CON and LOTR, it would be very difficult to call. As a child/teen, I would have said Narnia hands down (and I did read the ring cycle as a child/teen -- but preferred Narnia). Now, though, I see that as adult novels, LOTR has a complete history and mythology with language and dialect, that makes it the more intricate and involving of the two, for an adult. At the same time: as an adult whose life is sometimes scary and bewildering, I still take a great deal of comfort from escaping into Narnia. So where does that leave us? I guess I would choose Narnia, but it would be a very, very close call.

i for one am not a fan of lord of the rings. i do enjoy harry potter, but lord of the rings just leaves me dry. it's too... i don't know, into itself i guess. of course, narnia blows them both away. they're just so stunningly beautiful, especially the last battle, that it's hard to compare almost anything to them.

Not Into Lotr?????!!!!!!?????

NOT INTO LOTR?????!!!!!???? Lol, I just don't see how that can be POSSIBLE. But different people like different things I suppose.... :confused:
Well, I've read Harry Potter and I sort of like it but not ALOT ALOT. It's OK. J.K. Rowling's a good writer - and came up with something very original - but so did Tolkien. :D
I actually don't like Narnia as much as LOTR. I know you'll probably be shocked. But they're almost equal... that's just my personal opinion, so don't be offended or anything. ;)

I can really understand why peeps don't like LotR - it toko me ages ot get into it, and my 80 year old grandfather still can't cope with it- and he's a very well read man- some people it just doesn't grasp - but fair enough - you like CoN -rock on!

I'm with you on not being well into LotR. I like the films but not so much the books. I prefer CoN and HP

Back