Welcome to the DLF Cafe

The coffee pot is never confused. And there is no confusing what Taylor Swift sings with folk music anyway.

Country is a descendant of folk--traditional folk, at any rate. Some singers (e.g. Allison Krauss, whom Sopes likes, I think) perform both country and folk, but most do one or the other. And then there are the contemporary folk artists, some of whom write traditional-sounding songs, and some of whom bill themselves as folk mostly because they use a banjo. :p

Last edited:
Country is a descendant of folk--traditional folk, at any rate. Some singers (e.g. Allison Krauss, whom Sopes likes, I think) perform both country and folk, but most do one or the other. And then there are the contemporary folk artists, some of whom write traditional-sounding songs, and some of whom bill themselves as folk mostly because they use a banjo. :p

Country music is from folk, but it has changed a lot and is a completely different genre now. Also I love Country music. :D

I do like Alison Krauss, but mostly just her cover of Keith Whitley's "When You Say Nothing at All." I'm not very familiar with her other works.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pretty good example of her folk sound is "Down By the River to Pray" in the movie O Brother, Where Art Thou. It's okay. I think she's more of a country/bluegrass singer at heart.

Comes running into the DLF after a herd of flying coffees.
jxujeYG.jpg

Say, I was just down by the river to pray when a crash of rhinos whooshed by trying to track down their [looks up] -- Oh my
I think we may have a problem

For crying out loud. *raises eyebrow at coffee* *coffee leaves cups and flies into my coffeepot*

I grew them. Right out of my head.

You can do it too if you use the right fertilizer.

GG, of course not. And I knew very well what the link was before I clicked on it. Why did I click on it anyway? I'm a weak earthling.

WS, you can't do that. You know what I mean.

Back