Share a pic not of yourself

Nice shots Meerkitten! They were so big though, it was hard for me to see everything at once on my small screen.

NB, thanks for the link. I don't have time to look right now, but if you want to post stuff here I usually pop in once a day.

I just got a new (custom) license plate frame!
2yjwmqw.jpg

Still keeping the Native people down I see
To what is this in reference?

And again, if I have offended you by something I've posted here, please forgive me. That was never my intention. Your posts sometimes seem to indicate that you have a very low opinion of me -- and I can't fathom why. Please feel free to PM me and let me know what it is that is bothering you. I'm actually quite a nice person. :)

Hisssssss

My husband makes ink pens -- handmade writing instruments of various materials -- and this is his latest. It is made from a 30-caliber shell casing and rattlesnake skin. I think it will be a great seller for us. :) If you are on FB, you can see his FB page with more photos of his creations -- Pens by Mike.

Attachments

• snake2.jpg
    snake2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 44
j8gy0l.png
[/IMG]

(I apologize that it's blurry. I have it on a wall that to far away for me to reach, so I had the hold the camera out in front of me.)

A few years ago, (probably the year Prince Caspian came out,) I sent a fan letter to Georgie Henley and she sent this back. :D I was so happy cause She is one of my favorite actresses. I just wanted to share this. :)

My husband makes ink pens -- handmade writing instruments of various materials -- and this is his latest. It is made from a 30-caliber shell casing and rattlesnake skin. I think it will be a great seller for us. :) If you are on FB, you can see his FB page with more photos of his creations -- Pens by Mike.

Tell me what a 30- caliber round and a rattle snake is supposed to mean? why did he not use a 50-caliber its bigger and you would get more ink in it. :)

That's awesome! I can't believe it was handmade.

--

My latest drawing. (No quoting please, I'll probably delete this later. XD)

Last edited:
Dame of gondor, that's so cool you got that poster from Georgie! Sweet!

Princey, your drawing is gorgeous.

Jadis, we thought about 50-caliber, but it is so big as to be a little unwieldy to my mind. It can be done, but this size sells well.

This is the first time we've done the snake skin. We have a broker who wraps the shaft in rattlesnake skin, then encases it in lucite, which is what my husband puts on the lathe and turns down, so that the snake skin is protected inside the acrylic and will hold up to lots of use. The shell casing makes the tip and back end of the pen, and it even has a little "bolt action" to extend the nib and a rifle for the clip.

That pen looks very nicely made! I like the quirky addition of the actual rattlesnake holding it.

Aww, Georgie's signature as a young'un! Wonder how much it's changed now. :D

And that's a lovely sketch - great tones worked in there. :)

Tell me what a 30- caliber round and a rattle snake is supposed to mean? why did he not use a 50-caliber its bigger and you would get more ink in it. :)

Unless you're from Texas or Oklahoma, I seriously doubt you would understand the reasoning behind using rattlesnake skin in every day products.

Snakes make my skin crawl, and just looking at the picture creeps me out, but the pen is really cool. I didn't know you could use a shell casing for a pen!

Unless you're from Texas or Oklahoma, I seriously doubt you would understand the reasoning behind using rattlesnake skin in every day products.

Snakes make my skin crawl, and just looking at the picture creeps me out, but the pen is really cool. I didn't know you could use a shell casing for a pen!

Thanks, yes, the metal parts -- the firing pin is still in place, and the end tapers to a point where the nib comes out. There's a little bolt action and a rifle for the clip. We had a craft show this weekend and sold about a dozen pens -- I think 4 bullet pens and 2 snakeskin bullets; one with the stand.

here are some photos of the bullet pens without the snake! Sorry Aravis. I didn't realize how many people have an aversion to snakes -- we had the snake sitting out on our display table, and several people didn't even want to come near it. :p

Attachments

• jackgunmetalfullclipside.jpg
    jackgunmetalfullclipside.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 31
  • gold plate rifle.jpg
    gold plate rifle.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 31
Back