Suggestion Box And Questions

What do you mean, Dead Rain? I don't follow what you are saying.

ya know what? i don't either. but i think it was something about the quick reply have to have too many letters in order to work. but i'm not sure. and now that i think about it, that's not suck a good idea with black cloak and true crusader and crijr and all. so never mind. sorry.

I think I know what it is. if you are on a page that has only 1 or 2 responses, then a quick reply isn't really needed to save bandwidth. Otherwise it appears there.

Anything community based really. Also suggestions and ideas for the site, and different things like that. It's mainly about the website.

Specter, have you notice how all the old polls(those which were made before you moved us to a different site) are messed up. Could you look into that???

Specter, is there a chance you could add a spell check to the forum? At first I was just transfering my replies to Word, but I find that I'm getting lazy. Any chance you could set one up?

-DoLW

This is a serious suggestion. There are way too many different topic sections. With so many choices, there could be the same conversation happening on two different threads with totally different people. I would suggest: 1) Chronicles of Narnia, 2) Religion and Narnia, 3) Narnia Films, 4) Lantern Waste [random threads]. There are a lot of topics that are hardly touched. All the topics fall under one of these four larger topics. This would better organize the forum as a whole.

There are 18 topics on the main page, and even then when I click on one of the topics, another list of topics is likely to pop up. Too much. Keep it simple, please.
________
Yamaha CS1x specifications

Last edited:
DryadofLanternWaste said:
Specter, is there a chance you could add a spell check to the forum? At first I was just transfering my replies to Word, but I find that I'm getting lazy. Any chance you could set one up?

-DoLW
That would take a LOT of memory that could be used elsewhere.

This is a serious suggestion. There are way too many different topic sections. With so many choices, there could be the same conversation happening on two different threads with totally different people. I would suggest: 1) Chronicles of Narnia, 2) Religion and Narnia, 3) Narnia Films, 4) Lantern Waste [random threads]. There are a lot of topics that are hardly touched. All the topics fall under one of these four larger topics. This would better organize the forum as a whole.

There are 18 topics on the main page, and even then when I click on one of the topics, another list of topics is likely to pop up. Too much. Keep it simple, please.

Alright.. give me an example of how you would organize it, to keep what we've got, and also improve on it. I get what you are saying, but I don't want to orphan any forums.

Ok, so my idea is to have five forums on the main index page. Each forum has a specific purpose and contains only threads (no hidden forums within forums). There are already five main forums on the idex page: Cair Paravel, The Films, The Books, The Games, The Eagle and Child, and The Lantern Waste. To better organize the topics of discussion and encourage more posts, I suggest five different forums on the main page that will include all of the existing discussion topics.
1. Narnia Media- threads to discuss Narnia in films, games, radio, etc.
2. Chronicles of Narnia- threads for talking about the series.
3. Religion and Narnia- threads about Narnia???s relationship with Christianity.
4. Lantern Waste- threads that do not fit into another forum.
5. Site Feedback and Ideas- let us know what you think.

The basic idea is that all the threads found in The Films and The Games would be now found under "Narnia Media". All the threads found in The Books, other than Christianity and Narnia, would be found in "Chronicles of Narnia". All the threads from the Christianity and Narnia forum would now be found under the "Religion and Narnia" forum. And all the threads from The Lantern Waste and The Eagle and Child would now be found under "Lantern Waste". This provides better organization and many threads will be shown when a forum gets clicked on, instead of clicking on a forum and then another forum and then seeing the threads. The way it is right now is too complicated. Making it simple would encourage more people to join the discussions for sure.

You could even post something like: "Lantern Waste (formerly The Eagle and Child & The Lantern Waste)" just to let everyone know of the changes for a few weeks. It's a good idea. Please consider it.
________
Chrysler Chronos specifications

Last edited:
Alrighty, give me some time to come up with a plan of action, because there are some threads that belong in their own forum (hence the Land of Duffers) and some forums should exist (such as C.S. Lewis, because this site is about him also.) So give me some time, and I'll try and figure out the best way to do this.

That sounds great! Not to overwhelm you, Specter and/or Euphrates, but where would all the threads about us writers go? I could see them in either the Media section, or the Lantern Waste.

Like I said, this sounds like a great idea!!!!!!!!

Yeah, feel free to toy around with the suggestion. It's more of a general idea than a specific plan. I think an added forum exclusively about CS Lewis would be a good idea. I think Land of the Duffers would fit into Lantern Waste, because that is pretty much the point of Lantern Waste. People who want to talk about Tolkien will go to Lantern Waste, and the most recent threads will be shown so that they can post in Tolkien related threads as well as reading the titles of other threads they may want to participate in, like... the Writing Club. Encouraging more posts and more of a "community" feel.

Things like the Writing Club, which is now it's own thread in The Professor's Notebook forum, would continue to be a thread in Lantern Waste. The added benefit is that someone going to the Writing Club may see another interesting thread in Lantern Waste, say... about Tolkien, and choose to post in there also.

Whatever you want to do with my ideas is great, they're just general ideas about ways to make narniafans a better overall forum. Thanks for listening!
________
Delray

Last edited:
One problem I just realized is this: Since there would be soooooooo many threads all groued together, it might get annoying to try to search for the 3-4 threads you regularly post in to see if anybody's responded.

Just a thought.

That wouldn't be the case. When someone replies to a thread, it jumps to the top of the list. Also, there is a feature that I'm not sure this site uses (but is available) where an icon next to each thread let's you know if there is a thread with new posts since your last visit. That feature would probably be put to use if the site is reorganized.

Also, you may find other threads that are equally, if not more, interesting than the normal ones you post in.

The point is that you wouldn't have to search around to find your usual threads because if someone has replied it would probably be on the first page.
________
GM 54-Degree V6 engine specifications

Last edited:
I'm working on a drawing of the forums and what I think would work most logically.

Back