Favorite Lord of the Rings song

You mean,

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not touched by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king!

(that was all from memory, believe it or not!)

I like May it Be, Into the West, the song at the end of "Breaking of the Fellowship" and almost all the poems in the book. I have Eowyn's song memorized that she sings in the extended edition

Concerning Hobbits always makes me happy. The voice at the end of Bridge of Khazad Dûm is awesome! You hear the sad part and realize Gandalf just felt into the shadows. And the Grey Havens theme is also very cool.
I like the choirs and the voices in the songs.

Well, my favourites are:

-Concernig Hobbits
-The Breaking of the Fellowship
-A Knife into the Dark
-Riders of Rohan
-Helm's Deep
-Hornburg
-Minas Tirith
-The Pelennor Fields
-The Black Gates Open
-Forth Eorlingas
-The End of All Things
-The Return of the King
-The Grey Havens
-Into the West

But, if you've noticed, you've guessed... because I love all the tracks. I'm a Tolkiendil, and totally freak for every merchandise of LOTR, even the swords, and soon I'll have the One Ring:D .

I'll recommend you to check a post of mine, which I set in the thread 'Epic Film discussion' in the 'Wood Between the Worlds' Forum.

Also, if you happen to own all the soudtracks 'The Complete Records' of LOTR, I would be so glad if you share them with me. That is, because my favourite, most beloved and hold dear melodies are the ones which are heard in these events of the movie:

-The Fight of the Fellowship against the horde of Lurtz
-The epic clash between Aragorn and the Elven host against the brutal Uruk-Hai, once the Deeping Wall has been breached and Aragorn made a good call shouting an order to loose arrows (and Gimil took a delayed bath)
-The epic encounter of Minas Tirith's trebuchets against the catapults of Mordor
-The theme of Rohan, slightly hasted, when the Rohan army finally comes, in the episode of the Ride of the Rohirrim. This song is one of the few that always makes me cry... it's just so epic and sweeping!:D

I leave you my e-mail:maesedelta@yahoo.com.mx

So you may send further comments to me, and not only in this forum

Farewell.

Maese Delta

Last edited:
"Concerning Hobbits" is my favorite.I also love Aragorn's theme and "The Evenstar".:)
such beautiful music.:D

I like Concerning Hobbits. It's one of the fewer upbeat songs and it always reminds me of the lighter side of LOTR.
I also like Gollum's Song (call me morbid, but it's interesting!) and May It Be. That's a beautiful song---it flows along like a poem and it's so touching.

Favourite Songs

What is everyone's favourite songs that they sing in L.O.T.R (any of them)
I personally like the one Galadriel sings in Lorien
I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew:
Of wind I sang, a wind there came and in the branches blew.
Beyond the Sun, beyond the Moon, the foam was on the Sea,
And by the strand of Ilmarin there grew a golden Tree.
Beneath the stars of Ever-eve in Eldamar it shone,
In Eldamar beside the walls of Elven Tirion.
There long the golden leaves have grown upon the branching years,
While here beyond the Sundering Seas now falls the Elven-tears.
O Lórien! The Winter comes, the bare and the leafless Day;
The leaves are falling in the stream, the River flows away.
O Lórien! Too long I have dwelt upon this Hither Shore
And in a fading crown have twined the golden elanor.
But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

anyone who wants to hear it sung in elvish go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtBleOQSz0

Last edited:
I love the "Into the West" song from the ROTK credits. My sister is playing it for piano! :)

I also like the one that goes:

"Hey, ho, to the bottle I go,
To heal my heart and drown my woe,
Rain my fall and wind may blow,
But there are still many miles to go..." (or something like that.)

It's kind of... strange... to like a song about beer, but it's so rustic and cute! Once I was singing it around the house, and my mother gave me an awful look. I just quoted, "It's often said that a Hobbit's true and only passion is for food. But this is quite unjust, as we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales and the smoking of pipe weed." Then she REALLY thought that I was insane! :D

I also am quite fond of the song that Pippin sings to Denethor. It's haunting and chilling and beautiful. It's in the book too, but one of the lines is slightly different, and the Hobbits sing it at a different time.

"Home is behind,
The world ahead.
There are many paths to tread...
Fear and shadow,
Cloud and shade,
All shall fade...
All shall... fade." (At least, I think those are the lyrics. :))

Back