Certain other matters have soured me on the series; but it would be a consolation to know that the Doctor took a position for the sanctity of ALL human life, not ONLY the lives of humans who can speak for themselves.

Saw the latest episode on Saturday and I am very much in two minds about it. The 'afterlife theme' is something I am very dubious about the show dealing with. It seems this is a fake afterlife and I worry that Moffat is using this to push a materialist and atheist agenda on the series. These issues were ones that in the original series the producers generally stayed well clear of - wisely in my opinion.

Also one of the concepts employed, that the dead experience whatever physically happens to their bodies is a very disturbing one, the sort of thing found in the darkest kind of adult horror fiction. Although it seems this is all actually a deception, I still doubt it's the sort of concept that should be explored in a series intended for a family audience

I don't know what's happening with this doctor. I don't like him as much as the previous ones. It's either that or the episodes are getting too dumb. The lines they give him are just not as good as 11's. And they way they let Clara go was just so anticlimactic. I missed an episode or 2 of this series and I'm not even interested in looking them up.

Howdy. I was so busy all fall, I had about 4 or 5 episodes stacked up waiting to watch. I did watch them, and I cannot say they were all the memorable to me. The "Kill the Moon" episode, I actually liked very much -- and the one where the jungle took over London, I liked it as well. The one where **spoilers** Mr Pink died? It was all quite cerebral, but it wasn't believable how Clara responded to his death ... and the Doctor just seems like a really snippy, mean old guy ... I don't know, I am having a difficult time getting used to him, and I found that whole storyline to be depressing. Even though there was an afterlife, and Pink managed to send that child back ... it was still just sad.

Waiting for the Christmas special, though. :)

I didn't see it yet -- I have it recorded but have to get TV time from my husband. So glad you liked it BK! :)

Liked it

I liked the Christmas episode quite a lot. It was cute and fun, and I was glad to see Clara and the Doctor back together. And maybe the Doctor is getting a little less snippy.

I just watched a BBC (I think) production of the mystery novel Death Comes to Pemberly. A famous mystery writer wrote it, based on the characters of Pride & Prejudice. The actress who plays Clara played Lydia Bennet/Wickham. She's so cute. I love her.

OK, when my broken shoulder finally mended and I could put on t-shirts, I was able to wear my very cool Doctor Who/Little Mermaid shirt. It was sold under the caption "Part of Every World." So cute. It is really a little too tight -- but I gained weight while my dang shoulder was broken and I couldn't work out, so I am hoping it will fit just right in about 6 weeks.

Attachments

• Dr Who Tee.jpg
    Dr Who Tee.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 40
The shirt is so cute! :D I've seen that design before, but didn't realize how vibrant the t-shirt really is. That's really nice.

Anyone here seen the new series yet? I'm actually a little surprised there's been no comment, it's been airing here in the UK for 3 weeks.

I wasn't actually that thrilled by the first two part story with the daleks. The daleks have been totally overused in my view, they need to be rested for a couple of years. However I really liked the first part of the new story set in an underwater base. Very creepy! And after being a bit ambivalent about Capaldi in his first series I really like him much more so far in his second.

I haven't seen it yet, since my family doesn't have cable.

The Daleks are actually not copyrighted to the BBC. They belong to the estate of Terry Nation. As part of the BBC's deal to use them, they need to be in an episode at least once a year. It's annoying, but it can't be helped.

The Daleks are actually not copyrighted to the BBC. They belong to the estate of Terry Nation. As part of the BBC's deal to use them, they need to be in an episode at least once a year. It's annoying, but it can't be helped.

Ah yes, I remember now. I'd forgotten about that.

To be honest though, I wouldn't be too distressed if we saw the back of the Daleks permanently. I know they gave the show its first big success back in 1963 but in the revamped series they've been seen too much, they're starting to get boring. And in the original series we had several consecutive seasons where they made no appearance without any noticeable effect on popularity.

There now, I've uttered Whovian heresy! Good thing the diehard fans don't know where I live or I'd have to go into hiding:)

Personally, I like the Daleks, I just wish that they could rework the contract so that we didn't have to see them too often. It undermines their credibility as an enemy to see them beaten two or three times a year.

Well, what do you know. I already missed 2 episodes of the current series! I did catch up on one, tho. Tonight's episode is on in about 38 minutes so I'll be sure to watch it.

Back