What is the last thing you've watched? II

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I think a mod should create a new watched thread; this ones almost to 400 pages. :p *

Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe yesterday.

I plan on starting the LotR trilogy sometime today.

*I think a mod should create a new watched thread; this ones almost to 400 pages. :p *

Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe yesterday.

I plan on starting the LotR trilogy sometime today.
Sounds like fun! :D

But what about the 'what are you listening to' thread? That one's up to 1,022 pages!!! :eek:

Eesh. Someone should sound a red alert! :p

Haven't started Rings yet, but did watch Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman episodes, "Law of the Land", "The Healing", "Father's Day", and "Bad Water." For some reason I'm starting from the very beginning, and I really don't know why!

Movie: Emma
Starring: Gwenth Paltrow and Ewan Mcgwegor
Rating: 9 out of 10
Review:
A splendid adaption of a masterpiece. Paltrow is spectacular as the heroine Emma who unsucessfully tries to play matchmaker for her dear friend Herrettee. I found it to a cute, cleaver, and suprisingly enthralling film. I love the Victorian Period, a time of prepriety and honesty. :)

I think all historical periods have their sordid sides, something we rarely see in novels and films...learning about that "other" side has always kind of soured me on films with characters who have unrealistic high moral values. Plus I've always thought Austen had boring stories, and her use of language in "Pride and Prejudice" was a complete turn off. Though I would probably watch "Emma" simply because of Ewan and he's hardly in any good movie nowadays. :rolleyes: *Note: don't think I'm criticizing anyone for liking historical periods/period films. I just think that the HOllywood portrayal is sometimes too idealistic and unrealistic because often times the morals we think were cherished highly weren't in much common use.*

Still Dr. Quinn. I think I'm saving LotR for tomorrow and the weekend.

Star Trek: The Next Generation-"Ethics."

For all its political correctness, Commander Riker made a powerful argument against one committing [ritualistic/assisted] suicide when one is handicapped. I wish I could remember all that he said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back