The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

I just picked up my copy of LOTRC. It came with collectable replica of The Witch King's sword. I also bought the guide, just in case I need help with stradigies. :D

Edit: I just played my first level in Training. It was The Last Alliance. I recommend doing the training mission so that you get familar with the controls and different roles; Warrior, Mage, Archer and Scout.

At the end you fight Sauron! :eek: I beat him of course. :D

Last edited:
Ah yes, as I said before, to stand against the might of Sauron AND Saruman, and the union of the Two Towers! Such folly. I have been dominating indeed...but haven't yet tried my hand at the multiplayer. Perhaps I'll find the courage enough to face others :eek: :D

I hath conquered the armies of Mordor and Isengard. I hath ravaged the free people's of Middle Earth and sufffered the precious innocent lands with ash and fire. I hath both saved and destroyed Middle Earth, now I seek to prove my skill against those who boast and dare to challenge me! :D

The White Council:

I love LOTR Conquest! I've competed both campaigns and I've played dozens of instant action matchs. However I was searching online and I found that EA was working on open ended RPG called The Lord of the Rings: The White Council. So far it appears they have cancelled working on it, which is a shame because LOTR is a perfect universe for a open ended RPG.

The story was suppose to take place long before Sauron and forging of Rings of Power. So it would have been a totally new era to explore.

Here is some concept art for the title:

Attachments

• the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060906011042922_640w.jpg
    the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060906011042922_640w.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 137
  • the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714021428173_640w.jpg
    the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714021428173_640w.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 134
  • the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714021430063_640w.jpg
    the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714021430063_640w.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Oh no! Now that you have tasted the power of the One Ring Nessa, there is no going back! :eek: :D

The only explanation I could find for them canceling it is because a lack of finances. Making Open Ended RPGs takes a lot of time and money.

I sincerely hope that EA decides to pick up the project again. An Open ended RPG would be even more engrossing than Conquest, it would be the type of game you play for many years. :)

By the way have you ever looked into LOTR Online? You can customize your character and explore the whole world of Middle Earth at your liesure.

Yes, it is. It's been officailly absorbed into it's parent company, Warner Brothers. New Line had some major financail problems, and a number of legal issues ( mostly from Peter Jackson and the Tolkien Estate in terms of compensation they did not recieve.)

It seems the lure of the One Ring has faded and that Fellowship has failed.

Simply put, it seems hardly anyone chats in here anymore. :(

um... I'd chat but I have to read and go to bed...:( Tomorrow I may be able to, depending on whether or not I get much homework...Well I get off at 12:00pm so...

Kittens?
yeah the lure of the Ring faded 'cause I lost it in Mordor... I found where they get popcorn though.:D
Wonder if Mordor's main export is popcorn...:p

um... I'd chat but I have to read and go to bed...:( Tomorrow I may be able to, depending on whether or not I get much homework...Well I get off at 12:00pm so...

Kittens?
yeah the lure of the Ring faded 'cause I lost it in Mordor... I found where they get popcorn though.:D
Wonder if Mordor's main export is popcorn...:p

Lol popcorn you say? Hmm.. I knew Sauron was working on something.. I just didn't know it was something so delicious. :D

Back