The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

PeterHighKingofNarniaetc. said:
Ello im new and would like to know how many of u all like lotr as well as narnia and how many times have u read the
books? :)

LOTR was my first love. I've read all the books, and the Hobbit and I love the movie! I recently finished reading the narnia books and I love those too!(and the movie, ofcourse!) :)

I never really thought about this before, but, did anyone notice that Frodo & Sam thought Gandalf was dead up until the very end of Return of the King and they thought Boromir was still alive until Faramir told them them otherwise?

yeah, I just noticed the last couple times I watched it. It's interesting how every time you watch it you notice something that you didn't see before. Weird . . .

^ i know wath you mean :D
i havent read any of the books but i have watched the movies several times and they are really good
but i still prefer Narnia ;)
also some parts of the movie is actually funny :eek: but i dont think they did it intentially lol

jalapeno45 said:
I never really thought about this before, but, did anyone notice that Frodo & Sam thought Gandalf was dead up until the very end of Return of the King and they thought Boromir was still alive until Faramir told them them otherwise?
It's the same in the books -- if you put yourself in their shoes, you see there is no way they could have known what became of the other members of the fellowship. The only reason we know is cuz Tolkien tells us ...

I'm a HUGE LOTR fan, I've read the books 3 or 4 times now, seen the movies at least 7 or 8 times. My birthday last year was watching ALL EXTENDED versions of the movies, needless to say our hindends didn't feel to good:D lol
Narnia is #2 only cause the first real books I read were LOTR.

i love the lord of the rings. my room is like plastered with pictures and posters of it. i have only read the books once each. but i have watch the fellowship of the ring 70 times, the two towers 65 times and the return of the king 67 times.

it is mine to give to whom i wish, like my heart.lotr
long live Aslan. con
i'm not an owl. hp

My lotr action figures, have thrown me out of my room. I have so many, I'm running out of space :eek:
But I will never get rid off them :D I'm a devoted LOTR and Silmarillion lover.
Now we just started to read the Silmarillion again.

I haven't read the Silmarillion, mostly because I can't hardly get past the first chapter. All that information is a ardment on the senses (which is why I should read it reeeeaaaalllyyy slllloooooowww).

I love these books; they're completely awesome and full of action and war. Juicy medevil battles...yum. :) But some of the pages were hard to understand, and during the first part where they're talking about Bilbo's birthday....yeah that was a TAD too slow. There was at least sixteen pages on his birthday before they even described the hobbits. I had to skip it, finally. :( But the rest was awesome!

:D

Rohan Princess said:
well i really liked the Silmarillion, but where do you get good LotR posters?

At a "Good LoTR Poster store?" LOL

Actually you can get them online. The onering.net is a good place to start looking.

I hope someday i can fully read the lotr books, i was first introduced to lotr by watching the movies, had i known its kinda hard to read a book after you have seen the movie version of it first? Its hard for me to read them because im so use to the movies.

Don't sell yourself short - read the books. The movies don't even come close. The books are classics, and will still be being read long after the movies are forgotten. Have patience with the first half of Fellowship - it takes a while for the story to get going - but once it does, it rips right along.

PrinceOfTheWest said:
Don't sell yourself short - read the books. The movies don't even come close. The books are classics, and will still be being read long after the movies are forgotten. Have patience with the first half of Fellowship - it takes a while for the story to get going - but once it does, it rips right along.

The books must be read, I agree, POTW. I loved the movies, but, these books are a must for a Tolkien fan. They are pretty heavy-duty reading though, and it took me a long time to get through the Trilogy and the Silmarillion ( the Hobbit was the easiest)....but they are worth it to be read.

NarniaLuver2414 said:
I'm tryin to read The Silmarillion 2, its confusing and hard to follow

stick w/ it...it's worth it...i've read most of the simlmarillion, lotr 3 whole times (and the first half of fotr 4), and narnia 3 times (well, i'm almost done w/ the third time)...i must say though...i love the beginning of the silmarillion w/ illuvatar and everything...i just got bored when men came and ruined everything...lol...o yeah, and if ya'll ever get to read "the book of lost tales" (especially the "tale of tinuviel"), it's really good!!!

Back