The Avengers (2012)

I also liked Cap's "only one God" line. And I liked this exchange....

THOR: Loki is an Asgardian, and he is my brother.

BLACK WIDOW: He's killed eighty people in the last two days.

THOR: He was adopted.

On another note, the actress who played the thankless role of Agent Hill is new to movies as far as I know; but she could go far. She is little if any less hot and sexy than the hot and sexy Scarlett Johannson.

On another note, the actress who played the thankless role of Agent Hill is new to movies as far as I know; but she could go far. She is little if any less hot and sexy than the hot and sexy Scarlett Johannson.
I loved that part, too!!! I have a bunch of favorites! Like the interrogation at the start! SJ is so awesome! And the part with pepper and phil. Tony:"His first name's Agent, Pepper." LOL!

To everybody seeing the film: WAIT THROUGH ALL THE CREDITS, and I mean all the ending credits. Don't leave too soon!

I might go see this movie just because it's about my favorite comic books, so long as the super heroes don't start battling eeeeviiiiil corporations and defending the occupooers!

Right on, Corin. And Barbarian King: you will be pleased to know that the source of evil in this movie IS NOT the free enterprise system!

And watch for the line: "Oh, so THAT'S what it does!"

Yes, that was pretty darn awesome

To everybody seeing the film: WAIT THROUGH ALL THE CREDITS, and I mean all the ending credits. Don't leave too soon!

Ugh, seriously? We stayed for the scene between Thanos and The Red Skull, but was there another scene? Fantastic. :rolleyes:

Someone please message me and tell me what happened after the credits. My brother and i left before the crowds squished us! :(

See this for the one scene in question (this takes place right about the middle of the credits; after the main cast credits but before the scrolling credits): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/trivia?tab=cz

This isn't a spoiler since it's posted on this website for everyone to see/read.

Also, this excerpt from Wikipedia:
Thanos appears in a scene played during the end credits of the live-action 2012 film The Avengers.He is revealed to be the one who provided Loki with the Chitauri army. When told by his accomplice (known simply as "The Other") that battling The Avengers would be to court Death, Thanos flashes an evil grin. Thanos does not speak in this appearance. Thanos is portrayed by actor Damion Poitier.

Last edited:
Not to worry, BK. The Avengers fight the god of mischief, Loki. Don't think they could fight an evil corporation when well, one of them is a corporate executive.

Which helps. Especially in the ending when a politician is complaining about the property damage that was caused in the battle and that they had to be held accountable and pay for what happened. There was actually a gag in a Spider-Man comic where after a battle Spidey tells them just to charge it to Tony Stark. It's like if they need legal representation they always call on Matt Murdock AKA Daredevil. It helps to be a superhero and have a few billionaires and at least a lawyer or two on speed-dial (especially in our ever increasing litigatious society. )

I was impressed by how well Scarlett Johansson did with speaking Russian in that brief scene.

Also, the moment when Nick Fury mentions flying monkeys and Steve gets excited because some one FINALLY made a reference he understood.

Semi-related, I have a wager with a friend of mine. See he still hasn't finished his share of his thank you notes from his wedding so I told him if he finishes he and I will go grab some Shawarma.

Last edited:
Also, the moment when Nick Fury mentions flying monkeys and Steve gets excited because some one FINALLY made a reference he understood.

Oh my, was THAT the reference Fury made? To Wizard of Oz? Bwahaha. I thought it was funny, but I didn't get it at the time. That's hilarious. :D

and yes, Scarlett Johansson was actually decent in this movie. I was afraid she would be like the Black Widow we saw in IM2, but she was a great character!

Just saw it on Friday! I absolutely loved it! There was a tinge of cheesy acting or lines, but I could barely even notice that! I'll have my review out soon!

Did any of you notice the anti-communism message? It rang through HUGELY for me!

Remember when *SPOILER* Loki says something along the lines of, people were meant to be RULED by more powerful men, but throughout the story the Avengers are fighting AGAINST this. It seemed to CRUSH communism, and I really liked that.

Last edited:
It's not necessarily anti-communism; that's anti-tyranny, a form of government found in a variety of systems, not just communism (look at the wonderful person running our country; communism isn't the only thing alive and well in the world today).

Though for Captain America, I'm pretty sure his fight in this movie was the same fight as in Captain america (2011)

Captain America was fighting against a totalitarian regime (Hydra was determined to rule the world); Loki was the same kind of force just to a greater degree.

Some of us thought that the idea of "the same fight" meant literally the same PHYSICAL MOVES. But of course Captain America is against tyranny! Speaking of which, I am SO grateful that this movie DID NOT re-hash the same tired old theme of "evil business corporations." That theme is overblown in Hollywood precisely because so many cinema figures are in love with Marxism. But in the real world, there is ALWAYS a limit on what evil business corporations can do... because the rich guys in charge, no matter how powerful they are, can still be ARRESTED at any time, by someone like Vladimir Putin.

I went and saw it today. I loved it! Every minute of it kept my attention. I loved all of the action/sci-fi sequences, the acting was really good, and I enjoyed the comedic bits thrown in. The aliens at the end were so cool. It was just an all around good film. It helped having all of these superheroes together in one film. I thought Chris Evans was fantastic as Captain America. Robert Downy Jr. was funny and brilliantly cocky as Iron Man. Scarlett Johansson was brilliant as the Black Widow, and the rest of the cast was great. Samuel L. Jackson made a great Nick Fury. I give it 10 superhero masks. It was such a brilliant film. Defintely worth seeing! I can't forget about Thor. Chris Hemsworth portrayed him fantastic and a lot better than he did in the Thor movie IMO.

Some actors really get around, and are not confined to one type of role. Stellan Skarsgard (sp?), the actor who played Loki's enslaved physicist, has previously portrayed two villains, who were different from each other as well as different from his new victim-role. In the 2004 "King Arthur," he was the evil Saxon king; before that, he was the cold-hearted Russian attack-submarine captain in "The Hunt For Red October."

I went and saw it today. I loved it! Every minute of it kept my attention. I loved all of the action/sci-fi sequences, the acting was really good, and I enjoyed the comedic bits thrown in. The aliens at the end were so cool. It was just an all around good film. It helped having all of these superheroes together in one film. I thought Chris Evans was fantastic as Captain America. Robert Downy Jr. was funny and brilliantly cocky as Iron Man. Scarlett Johansson was brilliant as the Black Widow, and the rest of the cast was great. Samuel L. Jackson made a great Nick Fury. I give it 10 superhero masks. It was such a brilliant film. Defintely worth seeing! I can't forget about Thor. Chris Hemsworth portrayed him fantastic and a lot better than he did in the Thor movie IMO.

Indeed it was

Spoilers ahead..

I loved when Hulk and Thor jumped into a building together only for Hulk to punch him right after. I also loved how Hulk smashed Loki around after he got all high and mighty.

Back