New C.S. Lewis Subsection - Vote Here

Title for Subsection

• Shadowlands (shadowlands.narniafans.com)

Votes: 107 72.3%
  • MerelyLewis (merely.narniafans.com or something like it)

Votes: 41 27.7%

• Total voters

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
We're trying to decide on a name for our new C.S. Lewis book section. We have two names to decide between.

This section will feature all Lewis and Narnia related books, indepth essays and more writings.

We've got another subsection coming soon, as well, so whatever doesn't win, it may go to the other.

its too tough for me to vote, so once people start voting, i'll throw my vote in once someone makes quite a stance on one or the other, lol. I'm so easy and without my own mind to vote. Who knows how i do it for the states, lol.

tg

I understand how each name works, but I follow Shadowlands too, simply because it fits so well (merelylewis makes sense, mind you, just not as flow-y) and if you'll read Randy Alcorn, he alludes to Shadowlands a great deal based on CS Lewis' writings

I'm going for Shadowlands. And there are reasons! Lewis wrote all of his non-CoN based books and the other things (Screwtape, Miracles, PofP etc) while still alive correct? therefore he was at the time living in what he called ''the Shadow Lands', yet he still was able to conjour up eloquently and persuasivly visions and arguments for the next world and/or Narnia..he saw forward and used his belief in somewhat dark times to enlighted the rest of the world, and so we can use this section to learn and appreciate while still havnig the haven of duffers etc to keep us happy..and I've realised that I'm not making a great deal of sense and not articlating very well..but anyway i really like the name...*goes to have a lie down*

Shadowlands...for all the excellent reasons rosymole articulated (at the cost of a lie down, now that's heavy thinking!).

inked said:
Shadowlands...for all the excellent reasons rosymole articulated (at the cost of a lie down, now that's heavy thinking!).

I am a beast of articulation it's true..i know what i meant and that's what's important! :p

he he, a lie down is a good thing to have after any moment of thought, in my opinoin at least. Quite refreshing and i'm able to go back to the single-track process of walking then.

tg

I voted for Merely Lewis because everyone else was voting for Shadowlands, and I didn't want Merely Lewis to think he was unpopular or anything like that. Either one I think is good.

To be honest - I gotta admit. I voted Shadowlands more because of how it sounds rather than what it meant. I know thats a bit cheap - but I do think shadowlands.narniafans.com runs smoother off the tongue - easier to remember.

waterhogboy said:
To be honest - I gotta admit. I voted Shadowlands more because of how it sounds rather than what it meant. I know thats a bit cheap - but I do think shadowlands.narniafans.com runs smoother off the tongue - easier to remember.
That's true, merelylewis is difficult to say and doesn't look like a word, it looks like a typo. But why should it be penalized for that? I think that's profiling, and profiling is wrong ...

It's not that i dno't like the merelylewis one, i just think that perhaps that's more about the man his life etc and not what he produced through his life, although you could say that are one and the same..

Back