Fave Narnian king

Who is your favorite king of Narnia? (excepting Aslan)

• King Frank

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • King Peter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King Edmund

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • King Caspian

• King Rilian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King Tirian

• Total voters
i like edmund the best because he came from a really low point - betraying his siblings and all narnia - but bounced back through the help of Aslan and became king edmund the just.

I am kind of tied between King Peter and Prince/King Caspian. I love Peter because he helped to destroy the White Witch and ruled Narnia so well for the time the Pevensies were there. I love Prince/King Caspian because he brought Narnia back to its glory and also ruled well.

Definately though, each king had their own special way of adding to Narnia and deserves the crown they wore/wear.

ohhh is so hard to choose a favorite! I guess Tirian because he was the last king and loved Narnia so deeply and had to see its distruction. But I also really like Edmund because of his character. I always imagined him to be a very solemn, wise, majestic king.

Wow... I would have to say King Tirian too... he was such a loyal guy to Jewel, to Narnia, to Jill and Eustace, and to Aslan. He was really brave too. I also like High King Peter. So its a tie between those two.

King Tirian!!! King Tirian!!

I love him.
=D
He has always been my favorite Narnia character ever since I first read The Last Battle.
Plus TLB is my favorite out of the series. ^^

Oh man!
Now I feel like rereading it again...:p

anyone know the meaning of rilian? we are considering rilian as a baby name.

in joy

Hmmm... I've been having a look on name sites and nothing comes up for Rillian I'm afraid. I believe it was just an invention by Lewis, though I may be wrong.

However, the word 'rill' is an English word meaning 'shallow incision into soil resulting from erosion by overland flow that has been focused into a thin thread by soil surface roughness.' I looked up in an OE dictionary a meaning for 'ril' and there was nothing there.

Looks like it's a purely poetic name with no meaning I'm afraid!! A nice one though

anyone know the meaning of rilian? we are considering rilian as a baby name.

in joy
Hmmm... I've been having a look on name sites and nothing comes up for Rillian I'm afraid. I believe it was just an invention by Lewis, though I may be wrong.
Looks like it's a purely poetic name with no meaning I'm afraid!! A nice one though

I looked up Rilian on www.behindthename.com and Rilian is there under "submitted" names, which means they have no understood meaning, but they have invented meaning or significance. (The submitted names are either invented by parents or found in literature, as Rilian was). If you (lazgen) love the name Rilian, by all means use it, even if your only "meaning" is the one submitted on the website:
"The captured prince held under the influence of an evil witch (and under the ground) in CS Lewis' book The Silver Chair."
:)

In answer to the original question--My favorite Narnian kings are Edmund, especially as he is portrayed in HHB, and Tirian.

thank you for your replies on the meaning of rilian.
we would put tirian on the list, but we already have a thorin (pronounced torin) and i would not be able to keep them straight.

we are rooting for a girl though, since we have 3 boys already and have never gotten a chance to use our girl name...eowyn.

My personal fav has to be King Aslan! True king of Narnia!

Close runners up would be King Caspian, King Peter, and King Cor

thank you for your replies on the meaning of rilian.
we would put tirian on the list, but we already have a thorin (pronounced torin) and i would not be able to keep them straight.

we are rooting for a girl though, since we have 3 boys already and have never gotten a chance to use our girl name...eowyn.

That's the plus with Tolkien--all his characters have a MEANING attached already because of the depth of his work. And it's more recognizable than ever now that the movies are so well known. People don't think it's "weird" to name your children after book and movie characters! :D I know I will!

They are all great, apart from Miraz and his ilk, but my favourite is Edmund. The reason is that he fouled up big time, by joining the White Witch. Yet afterwards he proved his mettle, not only in destroying Jadis's wand, but subsequently too, when he demonstrated his courage by fighting in several battles and, on top of these deeds, hhis diplomacy earned him the title of Edmund the Just.

After Aslan of course, that really is a hard question. I love King Peter (as he is in the book not the snotty brat that the movie Prince Caspian played him as) and there is something to be said about Tirian and Caspian. On the other hand, Edmund went through so much. I guess I cannot chose between Ed and Peter.

I just added a poll to this thread based on the front runners who ruled Narnia (not Archenland) so far; King Gale and King Miraz the Usurper were not included because of low votes.

Edmund; he's my favorite character in the Chronicles, actually. Though Caspian is cool also.

I like Edmund too -- I like the growth of his character over time, e.g. his sticking up for Lucy's wanting to follow Aslan when the lion was invisible to all but her in Prince Caspian :) and his semi-comforting statement to Eustace at the end of Dawn Treader that he (Eustace) was not so bad compared to his own (Edmund's) conduct the first time he came to Narnia.

Back