My fourth Warrior Kitten's book: The Wolfprince's Revenge

How would you rate "The Wolfprince's Revenge"?

• 5 stars- Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 stars- liked it/it was okay

• 2 stars- didn't like it

• 1 star- hated it

• Total voters
Please refer back to last page to finish the former chapter. Its rather important.

Chapter forty seven
Forgiven and Free

Jay waited until Khain had left to approach the house. He would talk to Khain later, but first there was someone much more important he needed to speak to.

He pushed the door open and walked in quietly. The house was clean and tidy, he saw, and if he hadn’t known better he would’ve thought that the only occupant of the house was the pretty little she-cat who now stepped out of one of the rooms in the humble little house. Mozart looked ragged and tired, her ears and tail drooping, her eyes downcast.
At first she seemed not to notice Jay and walked over to the window. She hopped up onto a chair and stared outside longingly.

“I don’t understand,” she was whispering, “You promised you would make it better tonight. Flower and all the other kits prayed that it would. So where is he, Mr. White Cat?”
Jay took a deep breath, then said, “He’s right here.”
Mozart jumped, then turned toward him. When she saw him her eyes widened and she stared at him curiously.
“What are you doing here?” she asked, not meanly, but calmly and quietly.
“I came to ask- no, beg- your forgiveness. I’ve been pretty stupid.”
“That’s putting it lightly.” Mozart muttered.
Jay felt his ears turning slightly red, “I’m sorry. I’m really truly sorry. I saw tonight what an idiot I’ve been and I realized…”
“Realized?” Mozart prompted.
“I realized that you and all the others were right. I shouldn’t have let something like this take over my life. I shouldn’t have let my hatred and anger consume me. I should have listened to you… I’ll understand though, if you can’t forgive me. It took me a long time to forgive, anyway.”
Mozart shook her head, “I learned to forgive long ago. I learned to forgive all the creatures who tore my family apart. I forgave them for keeping my mama captive and for forcing my siblings and my father away from me. Its easy for me to forgive, Jay, what’s going to be hard for me is learning to trust you again.”
Jay swallowed hard and nodded, “I-I understand.”
“I forgave you a long time ago, Jay.” Said the little she-cat, walking up to him, “I was just waiting for you to come back.”

Jay found Khain the next day before breakfast. He walked up to the wolf and- with no explanation of any kind- he announced quietly but firmly, “Khain, I forgive you. And if you ever break that promise to my daughter then you will have me to answer to, got it?”
Bewildered, Khain nodded.
“Good.” Said Jay, then the young tomcat turned and strode away, his head held high as his sight began to fade once more.

Last edited:
Chapter forty eight
The Wolfprince Returns

“Are you sure about this, Khain?”
“Its not because of that prank Frodo and I pulled on you last night, is it? Really, we didn’t mean anything by it!”

Khain smiled down at the group of cats before him, “Oh I’m sure all right. And no Caspian, I’ve been planning to do this for awhile now. The White Cat told me to, in fact.”
“Then I suppose you do have to leave, don’t you?” sighed Mozart.
“You’re sure you can’t stay any longer?” pleaded Dorthy.
“Dorthy! You’re as bad as my kits!” laughed Dorthy.
Dorthy rolled her eyes, “And you’re as bad as mom now that you’ve got kits of your own! I’ll miss the old fleabag, okay?”
“You’re not gonna start crying like you did when Sanga and Crystal and Dotti left, are ya Dorth?” said Caspian.
“I was not crying! I had some dust in my eye from the dust Sanga’s blasted chariot was kicking up.”
“Yeah, right…”
“Now, now, lets not fight in front of the kittens…” said Toto, hugging Lily to him.
Lily rolled her eyes, “We’re so used to your sibling rivalry now, what does one more fight matter to us?”
“Alright, settle down you youngsters!” growled Ribbony with mock severity, “This is an exclusive good bye party, not a bickering club!”
“Like we’re so much better most of the time.” Explorer muttered to Creamy.
Ribbony glared at him.

“We’ll miss you, Khain.” Said Flower sadly.
“I’ll miss you too, little one.” Said Khain, dipping his head down to nuzzle her.
“I hope you miss the rest of us too…” said Rose amusedly.
Khain turned to them, “Of course I will! I’ll miss all my new little friends and all my less-little friends too.”
“Hey, watch it mister,” growled Explorer, “I took on your father once y’know!”
“Yes, and then you died and we had to have Kit raise you back to life.” Creamy said with a smile.
Explorer glared at him for a moment, then started laughing with everyone else.

“So, everything ready?” asked Ribbony, “Khain, you’re set, right? Good, what about you, Cloudfeather?”
“Plan is still good. We follow wolf back home to make sure he get back safe.” The eagle nodded.
“I really do appreciate the help, especially after what a pain my wolves have been to you all.” Said Khain gratefully.
“Is no problem. White Cat says to help you and Ribbony think up idea, is perfect.”
“Right then, we should probably get a move on. Everyone say your goodbyes.”
Mozart and Jay’s kits, along with Lily, pounced on the wolf and grabbed onto him, squeaking “Goodbye!” sadly, then jumping off and letting him up again.
“Goodbye, Khain.” Said Jay, somewhat stiffly as his kits returned.
“Yes, and may the White Cat be with you in all your endeavors.” Added Blossom.
“We’ll accompany you out.” Said Ribbony, indicating to himself and his three siblings.
“As will we.” Said Mozart as her littermates grouped around her.
“Alright,” said Khain.

The group headed towards the door of the Main Building.
“You know I really expected more creatures to be here, its slightly disappointing.” Commented Khain as they were leaving.
“Aw, don’t be. We got half this reception when we left Reandalawo for more adventures when we were young.” Joked Explorer, as he pushed the door open.

Last edited:
Thanks!:D Villians are fun to write about because you get to explore new motives and character traits that aren't present in heros. You get to leave the boundries and morals you've set up for the good guys and experiment with the bad side without getting into trouble in real life.

My sentiments exactly.

As he ran, the fog lifted. Jay saw that he was on one of the walltops of Reandalawo. In front of him sat Khain, his eyes facing up towards the sky. Even as he watched, Flower scurried up to the wolf.
“What’cha doin’ Khain?” his tiny daughter asked.
“Just thinking.” Khain replied, smiling down at her.
“Is I disturbin’ you?” Flower asked.
“No, of course not! You’re always welcome to visit me, Flower, anytime, anyplace.”
“Okie dokie then.” Flower smiled at him.

Jay’s ear’s flattened. How dare this wolf win his daughter’s friendship with kind words that must mask trickery. Even as he thought this though he heard a rumbling growl from somewhere nearby and looked around guiltily, thinking he would see the White Cat. As he turned back to the two creatures seated before him though he saw that they seemed to have heard the noise too.
“There’s a storm on the way.” Said Khain.
“A thundastorm.” added Flower sagely.
The little kit backed up, then ran forward and launched herself onto the parapet. She miscalculated though and missed the wall. The kit gave a squeak as her tiny paws landed on thin air and she began to tumble down. Jay screamed and dove towards them, knowing it would be too late once he got there.

Then, even as he darted forward, Jay saw Khain reach down a huge paw and catch Flower. The wolf gently closed his paw around her tiny body and lifted her up and set her on the wall next to him. The same paws that had killed Flower’s namesake, had just saved her life.

Jay stopped dead in his tracks. His mouth dropped open and his head was turned to one side in confusion.

“That was scary!” Flower squeaked, “I’m glad you were here to saved my life, Khain!”
Khain smiled down at her again, “I’ll always be around to ‘saved your life’, Flower. If you ever need me, just call and I’ll come to rescue you.”
“How will I call you if I’m far away?” the kit asked.
“Send a message, of course!”
“But what if you’re not on time? What if my message gets there too late?” she asked, her eyes wide.
“I’ll never be too late. Even if I have to sprout wings and fly, I’ll always be there on time, Flower.” Khain’s face was dead serious now.
“Like a guardian angel?” Flower whispered in awe.
“Well, kind of. Except I won’t be dead.” Khain grinned at her again.
Flower grinned back at him, “Okie doke.” She lifted her paws up to hug him, as best she could. Gently, Khain pressed her against his chest with one of his great paws.
“Now lets get you to bed, your mama will be worried about you.”
“Daddy might be too.” Flower mused.
“He’s not at your house anymore is he?”
Jay felt a stab of shame shear his heart.
“No, but I tink he misses us.” His daughter said loyally, “He jus’ doesn’t want to make us sad, because every time he and mama are together they fight and it makes me and my siblings sad. He’s still a good daddy, he’s jus’ confused is all. The White Cat’ll sort him out though, I asked Him to.”
Jay could feel tears starting to well up in his eyes at his daughter’s speech.
“I’m sure you’re right.” Said Khain, “I’d be confused too if I was him.”

They had reached the bottom of the stairs. Jay stopped and watched them head back towards his house. He heard pawsteps come up beside him and turned to see the White Cat beside him.
“Well, Jay?” He asked.
Jay took a deep breath, “Okay, teach me how to forgive, I’m ready to learn.”
Kit smiled at him and immediately Jay felt a weight lift off his heart, he felt free and as joyful as a kit again.
“Thanks.” Said Jay breathlessly.
Kit nodded, then disappeared as if the wind had blown him away.

Jay turned back and saw a light on in the window of his and Mozart’s little house.
He smiled.
It was time for him to go home.

This whole section is adorable. I love it.

He's leaving?! :eek: *Sniffles*

My sentiments exactly.

This whole section is adorable. I love it.

He's leaving?! :eek: *Sniffles*

Thanks.:)

Of course he's leaving! He can't stay in Reandalawo forever while his people are out there confused and lost! At any rate though, have no fear- Khain is not leaving my books, I like him too much.:D He will appear in other stories, for sure. Giving you a hint I'll tell you that my next few books are going to be about four of Mozart's kits. However, you'll have to live without them for a bit longer, since I'm now in the process of re-writing my first book.

But now, lets finish this one.;)

As soon as Khain stepped out, cheers greeted him from the hundreds of creatures standing out on the lawn, making a path to the Main Gate for the Catlitions and the great wolf to pass through.
Khain stared openmouthed at the reception, completely in awe that everyone would gather like this just to say goodbye to him, the Wolfprince who just a few weeks ago had been trying to kill them all.
Jako, Rita and the rest of their family stepped out to pay him farewell.
“Good luck, Khain, I guess I really was wrong about you.” Smiled Jako.
“Don’t let those wolves an’ doubters get ya down when you go back, Khain!” grinned Mistyfoot, waving his stiff leg in the air.
“And don’t give up, giving up is always worse than persevering through the worst times.” Said Rita gently.
“Don’t trust yourself, either, youngster, trust the White Cat.” advised Missy.
“And have some fun once and awhile!” laughed Frodo, stepping out with his two sisters.
“Never give up hope.” Said Hope quietly with a small smile.
“And don’t forget about us, here, either.” Fireheart said.
“And if you ever need our help,” began Clancy.
“Just give us a call!” finished Brightheart cheerily.
“Goodbye, Khain.” Midnight’s quiet voice murmured before the black cat disappeared back into the crowd.

Khain was overwhelmed, “Thank you, thank you all.” He gasped.
“I see you at Wolf Camp.” Squawked Cloudfeather as she flew out of the crowd of well-wishers.
“Alright, alright, don’t crush the poor wolf, back off you lot and make way! Way, way, for the Wolfprince of the White Cat!”
The creatures stood aside again to let them pass and Khain walked out with only his Catlition friends still following. Creamy and Explorer opened the huge gate and the group stepped out of the fortress.
“Aren’t you all heading back?” asked Khain.
“We have decided to come with you, to help in case there’s trouble.” Dora said.
“Are… are you sure? This is bound to be dangerous, you know, I mean everyone’s going to think I’ve gone mad…”
“You have gone mad, in a way.” Said Toto.
“And at any rate friends don’t let friends face danger alone!” Dorthy grinned.
“We won’t be able to come with you when you get home, Khain, so at least let us help you now.” Mozart told him.
“Alright, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Said Khain grimly.

The nine of them walked through the woods, in no real hurry, to the Wolf Camp. There were no sentries guarding the perimeter, nor anyone that they could see inside the camp. The entire place looked abandoned. Khain knew better though.
“They know we’re coming.” He said softly.
“They’d be stupid to not know.” Said Explorer, “Or very confident.”
“Come on, the command tent’s this way.” Said Khain, leading them across the camp.
They were about halfway there when a voice spoke.

“Go no further! We have archers trained on you and will shoot if you take another step.”
“Tagerus.” Muttered Khain with a nod. A moment later his friend appeared, looking rather surprised.
“So, Wolfprince, you have returned,” he gave a small bow, “We have been waiting anxiously. There have even been rumors that you had turned traitor. I do not believe so though.”
“Then you are right, I am not a traitor,” said Khain, “But I have changed. After I was wounded in the battle the Reandalawoins took me back to their fortress and nursed me back to health. I was a prisoner there for some time before one of their youngest warriors helped to set me free and showed me the Truth.”
“And what truth might that be?” asked Tagerus.
“It was the truth that we were wrong to attack Reandalawo, that we were wrong to seek vengeance where none was due. We were wrong to harm these creatures. I was wrong.”
Murmurs of apprehension gave away the fact that many creatures were hiding in the bushes around the camp.
“What… what are you saying, Khain?” Tagerus asked rather fearfully.
“I was wrong in leading us here and it is time we return home. I have met one who has changed me for the better, one who truly can make me a better leader than my father was. Not through battles and unnecessary bloodshed, but through peace and friendship and faith.”
“Faith? Faith in what?” Tagerus sneered.
“Faith in the White Cat!” cried Khain.

There was a shocked silence.

“I have made peace with those at Reandalawo and we shall do them no more harm. We will return to the mountains and start rebuilding our ruined lands.”
Before Tagerus could speak again, they heard a joyous cry and Khain’s mother ran forward to embrace her son.
“Hello, Mother.” Said Khain as she wrapped her paws around him.
The she-wolf turned, with tears in her eyes and stared at those who were beginning to come into the clearing.
“All of you must listen to my son! He has indeed seen Truth! I for one will thank this White Cat for all the rest of my life for delivering my son from the same fate as my husband and I would advise the rest of you to do the same!”

“They’re right you know.”
Mozart’s small, quiet voice interrupted the silence which had followed Nika’s speech.
“The White Cat’s ways are true and just, he is a good judge and one day he will judge us all according to our wrongs. In the end no revenge of Wolfprince’s, cats or any other creature will ever matter. In the end the White Cat will have vengeance over all and in the end everyone will see Truth.”
“Who is this, cat, Khain?” asked Tagerus, pointing to Mozart.
“She is Mozart the Meerkitten, the very same creature who killed my father. Now she is one of my closest friends and it was by the efforts of her and her daughter that I came to understand what I am saying now.”
Shocked cries and growls came from those assembled.

Caspian darted forward.
“Some of you know me! I’m Caspian, the cat you captured to build you a weapon to destroy Reandalawo. Haven’t you ever wondered how I escaped from this place? It was by the power of the White Cat! He sent help in the form of an angel to rescue myself and my sister-in-law from this place.”
“I’m Explorer. I doubt any of you know me by name, but did you ever hear the story of the cat who dared to challenge Cogg? The one who leapt from the battlements to attack him and who injured him so badly that he was forced to retreat? I died after that from the wounds which Cogg gave me. The White Cat raised me back to life.”
“We could go on forever with these stories,” said Ribbony, “Ways the White Cat has helped us and saved us and others. If you choose not to believe what Khain is telling you then you are all fools!”

There was a long silence. Then Tagerus spoke again.
“Will you tell us more about this White Cat?” he asked Khain.
“Of course! You’ll be sick of hearing my story by the time we get home.” He joked.
“Very well. We are under your command once more, Wolfprince.”
Khain smiled, it was a start.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.....

As the cats headed out to leave a few hours later, Khain caught Mozart and drew her aside.
“I want to thank you for all that you’ve done for me,” he said, “But somehow I just can’t find a way to express it.”
Mozart smiled, “I haven’t done much, just what the White Cat asked of me.”
“Then I for one am glad you listen so well.” Said Khain seriously.
Mozart nodded, “Jay and I want you to have this,” she pulled out a necklace with a bright blue stone on the end, “It makes you invisible.”
“I can’t take this!” protested Khain.
“You can so. And anyway I think you’re going to need it more than me or Jay in the coming days. And I think the White Cat is telling me to give it to you, for now at least, and so does Jay. Somehow though, I feel it will make its way back to me.”
Khain shook his head, “How can I ever repay you?”

Mozart smiled up at him, “Oh, I have a feeling you will, someday. In the meantime, don’t worry about it; you have bigger problems to deal with.”
The little cat patted his paw reassuringly, then waved and trotted off towards her siblings.

Khain blinked, then tucked the stone into his travel bag and nodded.
Yes, it was a start.

The End.

It's over?! *Sniffles* I shall miss it. Hurry up and finish rewriting!;)

But anyway, very good job!:D I am really, really pleased with the way Khain's character evolved. Bad-guys-turned-good are one of my favorite character types, so I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing!:)

It's over?! *Sniffles* I shall miss it. Hurry up and finish rewriting!

But anyway, very good job!:D I am really, really pleased with the way Khain's character evolved. Bad-guys-turned-good are one of my favorite character types, so I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing!:)

I'm thinking about posting my re-written story on my old "Mozart" thread. Just because I'm on the 3rd chapter and it already makes SO much more sense. And its the version that I will eventually get published.:D

I am very pleased with the way he turned out too. You should hear my original description of him when I was still planning out my 4th book. Looking at him now its kind of amusing. xD
They're one of my favorite character types too. I'm glad you liked it!:D

I'm also working on a timeline, which I may post at some point.

Back