Everything But The Kitchen Sink

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
[Anyone interested in creating a chain story, seeing that this thread is desolate? One person starts and then someone picks up the thread and continues the tale, and so on. Okay here goes--]

I hate packing. No matter what, I always manage to forget something. But the time I forgot the kitchen sink was the worst!

--To be continued--

I am assuming the viewpoint character is female

Maybe it's because I was distracted by the sudden text message from my ex-boyfriend, who had left me because.....

...the sink which I forgot to pack backed up all over his laptop when he had been over for dinner the previous Thursday. Numbly I read:

"Goodbye. This is it. I wish you well and happy, but I need some space. So I leave for Alpha Centauri next week. DO NOT REPLY."

...the sink which I forgot to pack backed up all over his laptop when he had been over for dinner the previous Thursday. Numbly I read:

"Goodbye. This is it. I wish you well and happy, but I need some space. So I leave for Alpha Centauri next week. DO NOT REPLY."

The DO NOT REPLY shook me. Do not reply? How could I NOT reply?! Did he even know me at all? With a stomp of my foot that could make the trees shake, I decided to...

climb on top of my house and call to him through an inter-galactic bullhorn. Nothing else would reach him at this point. I reached into my cupboard for the bullhorn, and....

the soundwaves from the intergalactic bullhorn pierced the stratosphere like an eagle's eye, only much, much louder. All the dogs in the neighborhood erupted in howls, bays and yips, and my next door neighbor propelled his motorcycle right into my zinnia bed before...

I noticed a very strange figure approach me. His features were muddled, and his form undistinguished. It was almost as if he was...

It was subtle. The acting was not refined, his skulking figure caused me much distress, and the thing that ruined the entire "audition" was that he...

...overdid the gestures while his face remained totally blank. Even for an odd theatrical production he would be a snoring hazard for the audience, so he was encouraged to replant my zinnias (due to motorcycle damage) instead. Meanwhile the intergalactic bullhorn bore strange fruit:

Back