Who Do You Want To Be The Voice Of Aslan?/ Brian Cox is the voice of Aslan!!!

S

Strawberry

I have very strong thoughts on what Aslan should look and sound like and it got me thinking about actors' voices and who might be good for the "role". I'm going off to have a think about it but I wondered if anyone else had ideas on who they would like. Christopher Lee has a beautiful voice. The timbre of it is soo deep and powerful and mesmerising. I love when he speaks and I can see Aslan speaking with those sorts of qualities to his voice. But maybe he has to be a bit..erm..growlier??? :huh:

Oooooooh Christopher Lee would be very very good. He's also very old though. I'd probably look for someone younger with a similarly toned voice.

James Earl Jones also has wonderful voice, but like Christopher Lee he is pretty old. I still think that they are going to cast a lot of unknowns for this movie. Still, it will be interesting to see who they cast.

Whoever did Mufasa in Lion King would make a good Aslan. Not a very origingal idea, I know-- but it's late and the first thing I thought of for the voice of a lion was... TADA! the voice of another lion.

Mufasa in the lion king was James Earl Jones. Yes he would make a wonderful Aslan but has he done too many voices already?? He was also Darth Vader and a snake king in Conan the Barbarian. I guess a unique voice would be great but I do think James Earl Jones would do a fantastic job!

Maybe John Rhys-Davies (Gimli, Treebeard) could do the voice. ;)

Yeah....Davies could do a good job, having a friendly, yet at times, stern voice.
Also, he has quite a powerful voice, which is key to being Aslan.
I conclude that Davies would be a good choice.
B)

That is so weird, you have come up with the two names other than Christopher Lee I was thinking of! I keep trying to think of others but these are the 3 I imagine... :)

Who's Christopher Lee? Hmm, anywho.. I think Laruence Fishborne would be pretty good at it.

Don't you guys think James Earl Jones might be too old by now? :blink: His voice has probably weakened. Davies would be good. I didn't think of him at first. <_<
BTW, Skinner, if you really didn't know (I thought you might have been joking) Christopher Lee is the actor who plays Sarauman on LOTR. He has a very awesome and powerful voice ... but after thinking about it, he might not do that well for a lion ... :unsure: I think ...

Nice to see you finally agreed with Spec about something, Luni :p
Honestly, though, Leafy, think of how old Christopher Lee is. Age doesn't necessarily weaken one's voice!
Other than that, I have nothing to add... you guys picked the three best voices and are to be congratulated... B)

Even if we hadn't picked great people you'd say we had. So nice you are..dear Fae. ;) :lol: But thanks all the same. I think they were mostly Spec's ideas, so thanks. You've made Spec's head swell a bit more. ;)

Um ... that he does not need <_< Thanks a lot Fae! Oh, and Christopher Lee is one of those special few whose voice did not weaken with his age. There are very few like him, so much that it is reasonable to assume that James Earl Jones's voice has probably felt the change made by time.

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWW! :blink: :wacko:
Don't worry, i don't think that would happen to Paul ... he's not that big-headed yet!

Maybe they should get a more wise sounding voice. So far we've picked out a few strong-sounding voices, but that's not all Aslan needs. Pluss he needs to sound loving and all that other stuff. Personally, I think they're in for a hard job to find the right person for Aslan's voice! ;)

Back