Attention-Deficit Roleplaying

The Robin Hood of Dinotopia had no Marian, unfortunately. He once had a crush on the mayor of Dinotopia's daughter who just happened to be named Marian, but some jerk named Carl Scott from the Dinotopia TV series had made his own advances on her before Robin had the chance. However, with the large number of gorgeous (and potentially smarter than Marian) women around, he took this opportunity to try his luck speaking with Georgie Henley.

Last edited:
Georgie Henley said to the Dinotopian version of Robin Hood: "If I become your girlfriend, do I have to be wholesome all the time? I did enough of that as Lucy Pevensie. Now I feel as if I want to be cool and hip, like Miley Cyrus."

Robin Hood stared at her silently as if dumbfounded. "Goodbye," He quickly said as he walked away to seek out what he hoped would be a nice church-going girl. But then another thought crossed his mind: Church! He immediately began pondering what denominations he should look into or avoid.

Just then, as if Robin weren't confused enough, he overheard two men vehemently arguing over several issues of concern to Christians. The subject matter included Marxism, life issues, and family issues. The two men seemed as far apart as any two men could be: one taking a Biblically-sound position on every topic, while the other was _against_ the Biblical position on every topic. And then Robin found out from a bystanding Diplodocus that _both_ of the men were Episcopalians.

"Theoretically," replied the man who had been arguing in favor of Biblical positions. "But a lot can happen in four or five centuries."

The other man said to the air, with his eyes seeming unfocused, "I am a member of EVERY church, synagogue, mosque, temple, shrine, coven, and reading room. For all are members of each, and everyone is the same."

Robin quickly figured that the anti-Bible nut was too numb in the brain to reason with scripturally, so he quickly thanked the men for their time and decided he'd try giving the Lutherans a chance before scoping out the Episcopalians more.

Last edited:
No less a person than Grey Eagle came flying over to Robin, and told him: "The branch of Lutheranism known as L.C.M.C. is trying particularly hard to promote _Biblical_ faith. It does retain some liturgy, but _doesn't_ claim that using liturgy is the qualifying test of a Christian."

Grey Eagle then handed Robin his top-secret plans to organize a Christian counterpart of a Renaissance festival at L.C.M.C. churches.

Robin was really liking what he was hearing about LCMC churches, and hoped to experience one for himself. He was also especially excite about the secret plans, which he desperately wanted to be a part of.

Grey Eagle told Robin-of-Dinotopia: "One thing going for us is the fact that INDIVIDUAL PERSONS can, by their separate achievements, build up the potential audience for such an event. For instance, if a girl on the verge of adolescence could contrive to sell pieces of her artwork at yard sales or similar activities, she could custom-draw pictures with Christian themes -- and 'casually' remark to purchasers (or even only-lookers) that she was hoping someday to be offering her work at an explicitly Christian festival."

Robin took Grey Eagle's words to heart. He also suggested another idea he had had: What if said events were not limited to renaissance/reformation era only, but what if there were such an event showcasing the early medieval Christian church before the Roman Catholic takeover? A "Festival of Kells", for one example, referring to the ancient illustrated Irish bible containing the gospels and also some of the Irish traditional history, compiled on the missionary island of Iona.

(I've never heard of this 'Roman Catholic Takeover'. Please explain)
(Prior to the 7th-9th centuries, the churches of Britain and Ireland were independent of Roman Catholicism. Some time after this, Catholicism took root in England and gradually became the state church. Archaeological evidence such as a stone baptistery used for full-immersion baptism (a non-catholic practice) has been found from the 6th.)

Last edited:
Perhaps a recent recovery of ancient practice? All traditional Catholic baptisms I ever heard of used a baptismal font and sprinkling.

But this is getting a little heavy for a frivolous Duffer thread.

True. It is.

Anyway, Alaska Smith was looking for Pandora's box, not to use it, but to keep it out of the hands of his nemesis, Doktor Diavolo, who would use it to destroy all of mankind. Why he wanted to do this was unclear, since he himself was part of mankind.

A character from a classic Italian opera stumbled upon this roleplay, and noticed the name of the evil scientist. The opera character was called Fra Diavolo, so he figured the scientist must be a relative of his.

Meanwhile Gollum (who had miraculously survived and fully recovered falling in the lava of Mount Doom) was also searching for Pandora's Box- because a greedy little guy like him just has to find something insanely dangerous to covet, right?

The character of Renfield, from the old Bela Lugosi movie of "Dracula," came looking for Gollum to ask for some coaching on acting warped and crazed.

Back