Rate the Signature Above You VI

9. Pretty colours are pretty. :)

@GG: What is what? The banner? 'Cause the banner's from Free!, which is an anime about friendship, swimming, and just generally really awesome stuff. The reason the banner says "Eternal Summer" is 'cause that's the second season of Free! (the first season is Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, and the second is Free! Eternal Summer), and is also my favourite of the two seasons. Although I do like the first season (especially "Shocking No Breathing!" :D), the second season is just beautiful. The last couple of episodes are amazing, and along with making me cry, they also made Eternal Summer my favourite season.

If you're talking about the quote, it may be better in context. This is a quote from the start of the show, which is also something that Haru (the black-haired kid in the center of the banner) said:

"There's an old saying my late grandma taught me. When you're ten, they call you prodigy. When you're fifteen, they call you a genius. Once you hit twenty, you're just an ordinary person. About three years until I'm ordinary. Man... I can't wait to be ordinary."

This was before he joined the swim club. After he joined and realized how amazing it felt to swim with others (there's more to it than that; I'm just summing it up terribly), he pretty much did an about face when it came to viewing his life and said:

"Another three years until I become an ordinary person. I guess it couldn't hurt to wait a little longer..."

So, yeah. Context.

...Oh, hey, look, a long answer that's just basically me throwing out random names, quotes, and titles. Awesome.

8. Very pretty, but I've never seen Pocahontas.

@Enola: Eyyy, guess what! Newsies is on the "I haven't really given it much thought, but we'll probably watch it..." list! (My mom is making the official wisdom teeth recovery list, and I only passed the title by her once, so it's not wedged very tightly in her mind. But it sounded as if she wouldn't mind adding it, so I'm pleased. :D)

9, yay!(well, not yay for painful wisdom teeth removal, but..) You should definitely watch it. ;) I now I have repeated that a lot, but it's true.

Last edited:
Back