Growing up

That was beautiful Mozey! I am so glad you have found an online home here. It's great to hear from a teen who has "grown up" here. :)

Oh man, I miss this place. As a 17 year old who still makes some grand mistakes, it's quite embarrassing seeing how I behaved on here when I was younger. I really hope to reconnect with some of my old friends from on here someday, but this place is unfortunately not active (as far as I can tell).

Hey Office, nice to see you! There are still some discussions, and as the new movie gets underway I am sure more people will be joining, and maybe even returning. You are always welcome. Love and blessings!

Well, I can't say that I grew up here, because I wasn't an active member here for a long period of time, but I feel like the time that I was here was spent during a very crucial point in the process of my growing up.

I joined TDL during a very difficult period of my life. I was fifteen, my grandfather (whom I loved dearly) had just passed away, and my family had uprooted and moved to a completely new place. I was sad and lonely, and wondering why on earth this stuff had happened to me.
The people on this Forum were always very loving and encouraging, and I made many friends who were always there when I needed to talk. It was also great because I met people who were similarly going through difficult things, and it gave me an opportunity to encourage and pray for them as well. I have so many good memories about this place.

Then life caught up to me, as it always seems to do sooner or later, and I suppose I sort of forgot about TDL for a while. Now I'm twenty, almost done with college, and married to the most wonderful man I have ever known. While I think I did most of my growing up away from TDL, it still has had a pretty big impact on my life, and it has and always will hold a very special place in my heart. :)

L-of-N: Even if the outside world takes you away from us again tomorrow, I'm glad you cared enough to leave those good words for us to see.

Yes, thank you, Lady! And congratulations on your marriage! Of course you are welcome here any time. We love and miss you!

Well, I can't say that I grew up here, because I wasn't an active member here for a long period of time, but I feel like the time that I was here was spent during a very crucial point in the process of my growing up.

I joined TDL during a very difficult period of my life. I was fifteen, my grandfather (whom I loved dearly) had just passed away, and my family had uprooted and moved to a completely new place. I was sad and lonely, and wondering why on earth this stuff had happened to me.
The people on this Forum were always very loving and encouraging, and I made many friends who were always there when I needed to talk. It was also great because I met people who were similarly going through difficult things, and it gave me an opportunity to encourage and pray for them as well. I have so many good memories about this place.

Then life caught up to me, as it always seems to do sooner or later, and I suppose I sort of forgot about TDL for a while. Now I'm twenty, almost done with college, and married to the most wonderful man I have ever known. While I think I did most of my growing up away from TDL, it still has had a pretty big impact on my life, and it has and always will hold a very special place in my heart. :)

Wow I was reading through this thread offline and I saw you post and I had to respond.

It's so good to hear from you again!

Growing up at 40? Oh yes it is possible :) I remember the first time I joined. It was in jan 2006 already. I have seen many names of members who joined and then vanished. I also made some very close friends I still talk to today. It seems like yesterday when this place was crowded with people and we had long talks. Time flies for sure doesn't it :) I wasn't always acting mature but I have changed a huge lot the last couple of years. I have waved off all internet issues because internet is just something you should not take too serious (I mean fights and stuff) but you should just enjoy the nice things going on. And that's what I have been doing the last couple of years. I'm very happy at work and in my life and it is still good to return to this place and see some familiar faces around of those people I really love :)

Nessa! So good to see you here again, and happy birthday to you! XO

I think people continue to learn and grow (and grow up) all their lives ... I certainly am.
:)

Nessa! So good to see you here again, and happy birthday to you! XO

I think people continue to learn and grow (and grow up) all their lives ... I certainly am.
:)

You are always bringing a smile on my face without even posting. Just seeing your name around the forums make me smile Inky. You are a great example of being kind and nice and also mature :)

You are always bringing a smile on my face without even posting. Just seeing your name around the forums make me smile Inky. You are a great example of being kind and nice and also mature :)

And it's nice to see you, Vanessa, back at your custom of complimenting and encouraging your friends.

Mrs GGT said:
You are always bringing a smile on my face without even posting. Just seeing your name around the forums make me smile Inky. You are a great example of being kind and nice and also mature
Thanks Nessa! :)
And it's nice to see you, Vanessa, back at your custom of complimenting and encouraging your friends.

Agreed.

These are all such sweet stories and memories everyone! :)

I remember first joining back in 2008 - I had just graduated high school and was so excited about starting college. I found TDL during the summer before college, and it became such an awesome place for me. In spite of being on other forums before, this was really the first web-community that I actually felt I was a part of. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and there are people I've met on here that I've gone on to become friends with even outside of TDL.

I remember having so much ridiculous fun in the "Skandarnites vs Paperb'nites" thread - such great memories there! ;) But this was also such an important place for me to come to when I was going through hard times... and it seemed there were many of those throughout college.

As I got closer to graduation and the "real world" I had less time here and eventually stopped posting. Even now, I feel like I would like to come back and be a part of this wonderful community, but I don't know... I just feel like this is a part of my life that has happened and will not be much anymore. I still love coming on here and lurking from time to time though, and making the occasional post, even though there are many new members who I don't know and quite a few of those I was friends with have gone.

I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll stop. I will end by saying I am so thankful that for having TDL, even if only for a few years.

Once a King and Queen in Narnia, always a King and Queen in Narnia. You are welcome here always!

I joined at the beginning of 2006, a lifetime ago. Back then I only wanted to see more pictures of Anna Popplewell, and so I lurked without joining for roughly a month before I figured out how to make an actual account.
Since then... it's hard to remember exactly all that has happened. I quit being homeschooled and went to highschool, lived in an rv whilst my mother went through cancer treatments, went through the brunt of my younger brother's intense mental issues, lived in 5 different cities and 3 different highschools. I graduated highschool barely passing my last required class 3 hours before I would never walk inside that school ever again. I went to China, got a job, a girlfriend, moved out, went to Mexico. I started realizing what kind of person I wanted to be, and started painting, and I'm about to start writing. I went through a phase where I drank too often, found out I hate drinking, but I don't mind a much more mild green substance, and I'll get to tell my kids about how I lived through a hundred year prohibition, but that's all I'll say about that on a family website. Now I'm getting out of a three year relationship, and all my decisions will be my own again. I'm not sure what to think about the relationship with my ex girlfriend... but the end was slow and painful, and I'm ready to be free, and I am staying 10 feet away from girls for quite some time (a challenge for me, I'm quite handsome ;) ).

That's an incredibly shortened version of what's happened to me since I joined this website, and as much as I'd like to share my life some things that have happened to me are much too dark to say on a website like this, even though I see that most of the active member are the same members from so long ago, we're a group of people all with different paths and back stories, and every so often I think back to my time on this website and how it's gotten me through tough times of isolation, and how the people here have put up with me when I've often gone against the grain, but I still remember it fondly, and my time here still echoes on into my real life every so often. I've watched several members here grow up, many of them are married, turning the pages of their lives into exciting new chapters, and here I sit, quill in hand about to start a new one myself.

What's gonna happen in the future, well all I know for certain is that I'm moving back home where I'm just going to paint in my studio my parents have prepared for me, get rid of all the debt I've acquired, and save up my money. A friend of mine wants me to hike with him to the Grand Canyon, another wants me to move to New York with him in a year, or maybe I'll take my own hiking trip through Europe. My parents are foreclosing on our home here in Texas, and after that I'll be on my own again, this time with no plan B. I'm excited, terrified, and relieved all at the same time. Growing up is scary, and sometimes I wish I could just go back to being a child, or die so I don't have to worry about things anymore; but no matter how much I wish I could freeze time to catch my breath, the world just keeps spinning, the day goes on, and the tax collectors don't go away.

Last edited:
Hi JoB, it is nice to hear from you! You are right that a lot of what you could tell wouldn't sit well here with so many much younger folks, but what you can tell is very interesting, and we will always welcome you and wish you well.

Sorry about the break-up of your relationship, but you're still on the first letters of your alphabet, and I am sure out there ahead of you is true love, a family and that masterpiece inside you as well.

Don't be a stranger! And if you ever want to gab about things that aren't for public consumption, a few of us old folks here would be happy to hear from you via PM's.

Love and blessings, little brother!

Wow, Jack, it's good to see you back! It sounds like it's been a rough few years, but may God continue to be with you and you start anew and guide you through whatever he has in store.

Back