Duffer Boot Camp!

Hipster, n., refers to aficionados of jazz, in particular bebop, which became popular in the early 1940s. The hipster adopted the lifestyle of the jazz musician, including some or all of the following: dress, slang ... relaxed attitude, sarcastic humor, self-imposed poverty, etc... [edited from Wikipedia for our family-friendly audience]

On modern hipsters: "Members of the subculture typically do not self-identify as hipsters, and the word hipster is often used as a pejorative to describe someone who is pretentious,[11] overly trendy...."

So don't admit to being a hipster, if you want to be one. (Whenever anyone accuses Sushi of being a hipster, he denies it, but I think he's actually right this time. Hipsters don't have hooves.)

It apparently works like this....

Attachments

• i-am-not-a-hipster-14511-1296153909-21.jpg
    i-am-not-a-hipster-14511-1296153909-21.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Keep that evil blue smilie away from me. He nearly killed me once, and it wasn't funny. Not even ironically funny.

That is offensive. We were in the Antarctic. He shoved me out of the tent. Is that enough reason to be a little uneasy when he rolls around?

That is enough.

I am offended and traumatized. I haven't decided which one is more important yet. When I do, I will throw a whale after you.

That was boring.

You could have gotten back to the top of the cliff in any number of interesting and inventive ways, but no. You have to sprout wings. And not even dragon wings.

Back