Magician's Nephew Speculation

Soldier of Aslan

Since Walden Media has announced that Magician's Nephew will be the next adventure in Narnia, here is the place we can argue over what is going to take place. Civility is a requirement not an option.

now who wants tea and to start the topic?
*Pours fresh cup of tea and opens tin of biscuits*

Hmm... I can't think of much to start with. :p

I hope that they cast a blond-haired actress as Polly. I would be distraught otherwise.

When you consider all of the possibilities for what could go wrong, hair color seems to be the least of the problems.

The only thing I'd be afraid of with TMN, if I see it in theaters at all, would be that they would downplay the creation aspect of the story, and the fact that Aslan is the creator.

Polly should be someone who doesn't look like Susan or Georgie of anyone else in Narnia. Maybe a red- head?

True, a blonde would fit that. Plus Polly must be 9-12. Except for Lucy, no girl fits the description. Plus Polly has a completely different personality. I don't think there will be any confusion, as their has been a lacking of female characters in Narnia.

When you consider all of the possibilities for what could go wrong, hair color seems to be the least of the problems.

That's the truth. ;) I realized that it was pretty trivial while posting, but I said it anyway, because it's important to me for some reason. But still, if the actress handles her part well, and keeps true to the spirit of the book, hair color won't matter.

I just don't want to see TMN, period. They will massacre the series by making this the least true-to-the-book movies. I truly believe that the only reason they (movie people) are not making SC is because they think they can get away whole murdering the true Narnia. I'm done supporting dumb movies.

I just don't want to see TMN, period. They will massacre the series by making this the least true-to-the-book movies. I truly believe that the only reason they (movie people) are not making SC is because they think they can get away whole murdering the true Narnia. I'm done supporting dumb movies.

Hey, where's the optimism? Ha Ha. I'm certainly going to give it a fair chance and am really looking forward to it. I feel that the casting of Digory and Polly will be very important, so if TMN is greenlit I will be anxiously awaiting the casting results. :D I also imagined Polly to be a blonde and Digory with darker hair. What do you guys think Digory should look like?
I think the Wood Between the Worlds will be a very intriguing concept to translate to screen. If done right, it could prove to be very visually stunning and fascinating. :)

I hope Polly is blonde, though I always pictured Lucy as a blonde in my mind because she was in the animated LWW and I saw that before I read any of the books...

Those are the 3 key words: if done right. Which it won't be. Which means that there won't be a following behind it. Which means no more films. Which could have been prevented had these bird brains listened to the fans and done what was right.
Good greif! Just because YOU didn't like VDT doesn't mean that it didn't gain a following. Because another movie is being made, this shows that people DO want to see more Narnia movies. I have no reason to believe that this won't be a success.

But did you notice how long it took VDT to reach it? Much too long, which indicates that it wasn't as good or as successful as the other two. Not to mention that success is relative to what you're talking about; money isn't what I was referring to.

It flopped on so many levels that it was unsuccessful.

But now that I've been led off track ( :rolleyes: ), back to topic.

But did you notice how long it took VDT to reach it? Much too long, which indicates that it wasn't as good or as successful as the other two. Not to mention that success is relative to what you're talking about; money isn't what I was referring to.

It flopped on so many levels that it was unsuccessful.

But now that I've been led off track ( :rolleyes: ), back to topic.

I don't think you give the film a chance. A normal film will do what you say, but Narnia is in a very unique situation. It's a big-budget movie franchise that:

A). Switching studios, which I can not remember happening to a big franchise since Tarzan in the late 40s -early 50s

B). Is loosing it's main characters

C). and had a predisessor that destroyed the audience's expectations

People were not going to flock to VDT like they would to HP due to that fact that HP managed to meet expectations. People waited, and when they heard the good word-of-mouth then they went. That's why VDT went slowly up. You also forget the country has had a huge billizard and money issues (that have worsened) since PC. VDT did very good at the Box Office. Not great but very good, it doubled it's cost. I know you don't like the film, but don't forget the facts. I'm not coming down on you, but it helps if you use them to say:
'It may have made money, but it was no way true as an adaptation'
or something similar, that way people can't render your argument invalid because of inaccuracy.

"gave the film a chance?" I saw it twice in theaters, and I regret that I did! I tried every which way to like it, but I. could. not. The first time I walked out of the theater, I felt really, really, REALLY upset. Like somebody had punched me in the stomach. I felt nearly queasy thinking of how much I'd looked forward to and even defended the movie when I got a film that was below sub-par.

And I don't believe this is a topic we're supposed to be discussing. Now, PLEASE let it go and get back on topic. :mad:

I'm looking forward to the quest for the apple. Should be fun to watch the horse grow wings and fly them to the garden and get chased by the queen and all that good stuff. That being said, I haven't read the book recently, and probably will before seeing the movie, just because.

Back