Life is good!

Life is good because, oh my goodness, I got my first real actual illustration job!! :D
WTG Lady! That is fantastic! I am so happy for you. :)

My life is good because my office found a way for me to keep working as a writer, even though I cannot type with my busted up shoulder--so I did not have to go on disability and receive less salary. Yay!

So thankful to hear how God is providing for you Jax!

I'm thankful for vacuum cleaners because my home was in the throes of a flea war 3 weeks ago, but thanks to the vacuum, things seem pretty much back to normal now. And as an added bonus my house is really really clean.

life is good here in Eastern OR

life is good here in Eastern OR because my dad is remodeling the roof of our new home & we have found a great church & a great body of believers to fellowship & i'm trying to learn to draw with chalk pasatels

Life is good; I got a parent scholarship to a conference that I really really wanted to attend on changes in federal and state law affecting self-determination of individuals with intellectual disabilities. (My daughter has Down syndrome.) I would have been happy with a partial scholarship, but I am fully funded for the whole event!

Life is good. There are certainly challenges-four credit cards maxed out plus student loans and a sinus cold-for example. Even though I'm late on one credit card this month, I'm not letting the bad overshadow the good. Also, there are programs to help those with debt that I intend to look into. I could use the humility, as well as the savings. I went to Confession after missing Mass for over two months and am grateful to have my relationship with God restored. I know in the future I need to stay close to Him, and get up immediately whenever I fall down. I've been working on my teaching certification online for the state of Texas over the past several months. I've passed a content area (Social Studies grades 7-12) making me eligible to teach that subject. I've finished all of my online learning modules and now I've got to finish 23/30 hours of classroom observations. I've been enjoying driving a school bus for over 2 years (in addition to serving at a restaurant) and now I want to teach. Pay in Texas begins at $50k, so this would allow me to manage what currently seem to be unmanageable finances. For recreation I've been playing chess. Over a year ago, I joined a chess meetup here in Houston for fun. When I started going, I'd lose every game. The guys there kindly introduced me to opening theory and several great resources for improving my game. Overtime, my investment in the game has paid off. In fact a week ago, I won every game I played at the meetup and the week before won 8 out of 9. Of course it's not all about winning, but learning too, and I look forward to playing in a tournament sometime next year. In the meantime, my rating on chess.com is now in the low 1600s, which makes me feel pretty awesome. I got to visit my dad in Florida a couple years ago. It was the first time I'd seen him in seven years and we had a wonderful reconnection. I hope to visit him and all my friends there again this coming summer.

Life is good --
• a project that I have been working on for the past year and a half looks like it is getting close to becoming a reality

• another project I am heading up is starting to come together (a tea ceremony honorary tea for the local Friends of the Library)

• God is faithful and so patient with me

Life is good because my family has its own writers' group on Tuesday evenings :)

This week we had some poetry, a homework-assignment-essay on the Asian immigrant experience, and an essay about life lessons on curbing one's tongue.

Life is good because I am starting my second hustle. It's something that I wanted to do for a long time and now I am taking the plunge. I finally decided to create a website using the hPage website builder. I don't have many readers for now but I hope to grow it into a content creation machine someday where I can live off my dream of working a traveling the world.

In case anyone is interested to start a website as well, check out the web service I used:
Create a free website - hPage.com

Happy Thanksgiving!

So much to be thankful for this year: God's faithfulness when life is uncertain, God's reassurance when life changes demand new flexibility, God's protective shielding when I travel down new roads. Of course I am thankful for the typical reasons to be grateful (family, friends, health, love), but also I am thankful for the times when things aren't so smooth but the Lord shows up big time in his strength, mercy and grace. God is good!

u42TK2nl.jpg

As if this summer couldn't get any better! I am out of Houston visiting my dad and friends in Tampa, FL. I drove here. Outback is letting me work at a location here just outside of Tampa (turns out it's the #2 busiest Outback in the country). I am here until the middle of July. Then heading to Nashville to stay with some friends, then Ohio to see some family I haven't seen in years. Then a retreat in Indiana. Then the St. Louis arch on the way back to Texas. Anyway, I just saw about The Horse and His Boy stage production returning this summer. I didn't realize the theater is in South Carolina. Turns out it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta (lol, that's nothing, that's like going to work and driving right back home in Houston traffic, I'm used to it). So, I'm going to go on my way up to Nashville, when I pass through Atlanta, I'll just take an extra day. I'm so excited! Horse and His Boy is my favorite chronicle! I know I'm not exactly writing in complete sentences, I'm just very excited! It's turning out to be a great summer!

As if this summer couldn't get any better! I am out of Houston visiting my dad and friends in Tampa, FL. I drove here. Outback is letting me work at a location here just outside of Tampa (turns out it's the #2 busiest Outback in the country). I am here until the middle of July. Then heading to Nashville to stay with some friends, then Ohio to see some family I haven't seen in years. Then a retreat in Indiana. Then the St. Louis arch on the way back to Texas. Anyway, I just saw about The Horse and His Boy stage production returning this summer. I didn't realize the theater is in South Carolina. Turns out it's only a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta (lol, that's nothing, that's like going to work and driving right back home in Houston traffic, I'm used to it). So, I'm going to go on my way up to Nashville, when I pass through Atlanta, I'll just take an extra day. I'm so excited! Horse and His Boy is my favorite chronicle! I know I'm not exactly writing in complete sentences, I'm just very excited! It's turning out to be a great Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher summer![/QUO

Last edited:
So exciting that you get to see the Horse and His Boy on stage, Rossi! Please let us know what the production was like after you see it. And welcome to The Dancing Lawn!

As for me, life is good, because even though I have had some pretty stretching projects lately, I still have had encouragement along the way, as well as time to connect with others who are dear to me.

Back