U.S. TDLers Meetup

Sopespian

We need to plan a real-life get-together for American TDL members, especially those from the Midwest or around it, at a good date, in a convenient central location. Any ideas? :D

Many years ago we had "Lion Con" that united TDL with the other big Narnia site -- which I forgot what it is, Lion's Heart or Lion's Call, something like that? I wasn't able to attend and have always regretted missing it! It was a big undertaking to put together, though, and I don't think another one is planned.

I would LOVE to meet up with all y'all though. My problem is getting time off to go anywhere, between my job and my husband's small business which takes up our weekends. :(

I'd love to meet you people, but at the moment I don't have a car or any other mode of transportation.... unless we meet near Pittsburgh PA, or someone lives near enough to give me a ride (or if someone will drive to my little college to get me from an out-of-the-way location).

It is possible that I will have a car in a few months, if my mom gets a different job from the one she has now, but that is not certain. Thus, for the moment I am effectively stranded from any get togethers.

I'm good with Pittsburgh area. It's a bit of a drive, but I'd make it gladly for my TDL friends. :D I know we have Ohio and Ohio area people, so that might work for them as well. :):)

There's a chance I could make it if it's near Pittsburgh, depending, of course, on my work/school schedule.

You guys are so far away... My only hope would be somehow catching a ride with Benisse :p (she's not that close either though...)

Didn't the more western TDL'ers do a meetup a few years ago? I think I remember hearing something about it.

So far as an eastern meetup...for those who have said they couldn't manage to get away, is the time of year a part of the problem?

This sounds intriguing, but as I'm on a really tight budget and I have to ration my time off from work, I don't think I could do it. :(

Well, darn. If we end up having it, we'll miss you!

Maybe in a few years I could do this, but I'm not able to right now.

I'd love to at some point, though.

We'd love for you to join us someday!

You guys are so far away... My only hope would be somehow catching a ride with Benisse :p (she's not that close either though...)

Hmph. It'd be a shame if you couldn't make it...

Didn't the more western TDL'ers do a meetup a few years ago? I think I remember hearing something about it.

So far as an eastern meetup...for those who have said they couldn't manage to get away, is the time of year a part of the problem?

I think so, but I feel like it was a while ago.

I'm not picky about the time of the year. Maybe if we have some people in college, we could try a time around Christmas.

We have some things figured out with this. We are planning to meet in Pittsburgh on January 30th. We still need an exact location and a time. I would suggest the afternoon, as I will be driving from a distance.

Who all is in on this? I want as many people to know about it as possible, so don't forget to tell your TDL friends!

Well, well. I was in New York until the end of December and no I'm back in California. I don't think I can make it. However, I'm planning another trip sometime at the end of March, beginning of April so if there's a follow up, I could drive/fly up there from NY.

Aw, I wish I could make it and finally meet some of you guys in real life! But unfortunately as a grad student I have a lot of work to do and can't really take off for a trip so far away.

Hopefully afterward there will be a thread with pictures and descriptions of all the fun that went on? :)

I'm so sorry Sopespian, but I can't come from the West Coast. (I'm flying somewhere else the very next week, so it just won't work out.) I hope you all have fun though.

I will be at the virtual party on January 24, however; if you can drop in it will be nice to chat during the Great Snow Dance.

Back