Contest #9: Design a Narnian Travel Poster

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
It's a new year and that means new contests. This year's Dancing Lawn Calendar will feature travel posters of different sites in the Chronicles. Let your imagination soar in this -- any place from Bism to "further up and further in!" is okay. But please stake your claim on your territory in a post here first so we don't get 12 Cair Paravels.

Important: Size limit = 280 x 600 pixels
for uniformity

Leave a block of background design free so a calendar month can be added later (see samples from last year's calendar)

For judging: Extra bonus points are given for original art and photos, so be Creative!

Deadline for submissions: Leap Year Day February 29, 2012
Awards will be announced on Texas Independence Day (3/2)!

Bon Voyage!
Here is our itinerary so far:
The Great Woods - Fernshire Hobbit
Wardrobe - Powl'
Lantern Waste - Miss Reepicheep
Island of the Duffers - Gondorgirl
Charn - Spanish Inquisition

+ room for 7 more!

Last edited:
This sounds awesome! For the contest, could I draw a picture of Lantern Waste? Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?

I tentatively claim the Island of the Duffers, I may find something else I want to do while glancing through the Silver Chair once I get a hold of it.

Great ideas, all! Can't wait to see what you all come up with. To simplify signups, I will post the territory that has already been claimed in the 1st post of this thread. But as long as some place is not already spoken for, you are free to change your spot as long as you let us know, okay?

Powl' -- I think Lantern Waste does imply the Lamp Post too, but you could work things out with Miss Reepicheep if you really want to do a lamp post. Annemarie had an amazing lamp post in last years's calendar.

I'm hesitating between the stone table, the cherry tree and the dancing lawn then
but could we consider the wardrobe as a Narnia location? as it is where it all really starts :/

I don't know what to choose! It's so hard!! ^^

I'm hesitating between the stone table, the cherry tree and the dancing lawn then
but could we consider the wardrobe as a Narnia location? as it is where it all really starts :/

I, personally, think that the wardrobe is an excellent idea. :D

I agree with Miss Reepicheep--
Remember, your travel poster could advertise the wonders of War Drobe in Spare Oom ;)

but all these locations would be excellent!

Aslan's Child, I do hope you can participate too...

Her work is genius. I could see her easily tackling something as complex as The Wood Between the Worlds or the giants kingdom... :D

My entry:

TheGreatWoods.png

It's the Great Woods of Narnia during the reign of Queen Jadis...

The pictures are mine; however, the brushes I applied to them are not. The brushes I used are under a free use for non-profit/personal usage though...*

Sorry if I didn't leave enough room for the calender thing... I was finding it quite difficult to work within the size constraints... so... yup...

Last edited:
That's AWESOME, Ferny! :D I love it!

I need to get to work on mine contribution... ;) I'm planning to draw. I don't consider myself a good artist, but the lamppost should be simple enough. :)

Could we have an extension on the deadline, since only Ferny has finished her entry? :p I'm going to work on drawing the lamppost today, but I might not have the finished product by the 14th, since I've got to figure out how to scan the drawing onto my computer, and then add text and stuff.

Back