Forum Restructuring

Don't worry SK. In my first year or so here I was involved in a lot of those sorts of threads and got quite heated with other people! I just decided after a while it's better for me not to go near those threads so I literally keep out of the section!!
That is also what I do now. But lately the arguments have seemed to be venturing more and more into my safe zone :p

Having stayed in those discussions for a while, I can say that it goes back and forth. For months it will feel like everyone hates each other and then there will be months where its the best discussion. The winds they are always changing.

I'm in those discussions all the time, and in general I love all the various geeks, freaks, theologians and oddballs (like myself) who take part. If it sounds harsh, keep in mind that Lewis. Tolkien and the other Inklings had very raucous discussions, too, and still remained the best of friends. Don't be afraid to plunge in. And if anyone gives you any grief, just let me know. I'll black their eye ... or, no, I'll give them a warning. :)

I am sorry , but I am sad you moved all those threads from the Christianity and Narnia thread to The Socratic Club thread. I feel that thread should be used for those of us in the Narnia community to talk about our Christianity and what interests us as Christians. The Dancing Lawn Forum in general is open to all faiths and addresses all things about Narnia, but this thread should be a little area where Christians can talk about our faith. The Socratic Club should be a more general thread to talk about philosophical and social issues that would interest all faiths. Again I am sorry but I felt I need to share that.:(

I like TDL but it's not like I have an unhealthy attachment to it. So go ahead, move stuff. If I find it and it's interesting, I might post. Watch out for me in Socratic thingy though, but maybe not... I don't usually go there a lot... but if I do, you'll know.

Im ok with it as long as my beloved forum doesnt lose the TDLness that i have come to love that sets it apart from all other forums...

I don't mind things being moved around as long as TDL doesn't disappear. It's the only narnia forum I belong to and I don't think there are too many that are as organized and up-to-date as this one is.

I know sometimes there are heated religious topics and sometimes I view them but I don't respond. Everyone has their own opinions and that's fine. I just don't like seeing people get bashed for saying their opinion, unless they insult someone then I find that wrong.

I have a big complaint. Back in October the powers restructured the subject thread that was being used by Christians to share concerns of Christians and were moved to a thread that was for general discussion on social issues. Now I see that the powers are allowing Christain issues on the Christianity and Narnia Thread again. We now have a thread on Advent and Christmas and Christmas music on a subject thread that I thought was only for what the Narnia books had to do with Christianity. Shouldn't those threads be changed to Christmas in Narnia and Christmas songs they might sing in Narnia. I might be letting my natural man out by complaining, but I felt the restructuring was a bad idea and I still feel so. I do wish the Christians had their own thread to talk about Christian things.:(

My profound apologies. I'm guilty of not reading the plainly posted guidelines. You're right, the Advent / Christmas 2009 thread had nothing to do with Narnia. I've moved it to the Socratic Club.

Yah it's just taking a little getting used to, posting only Narnia-related stuff in the Christianity and Narnia Forum, but Timmy: when you start a new thread in Socratic Club, you can say upfront that it concerns Christ-followers most (or only) or that you're looking for a Christian perspective, and then you can go ahead and get responses from Christians. Hope this helps ...

Im ok with it as long as my beloved forum doesnt lose the TDLness that i have come to love that sets it apart from all other forums...

i have to agree with forum restructing i think that is a great idea but if every got simplar then it would be easier for all users (particularly new users) to find topics on which they want to post about.

all i good idea would be to have somewhere that display all of the forums ranks and how many post are required to reach each "level" (if this exist please direct me to it as i cant find it)

(i think i need to fix my sig up)

Last edited:
Back