The Avengers (2012)

GondorGirl

Devourer of Threads
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
I have to say, I am very excited for this movie coming out next year. I loved Thor and Captain America and I can't wait to see all these Superhero movies come together in one (hopefully) epic movie!

Yesterday morning my sister and I drove to Cleveland to see the movie set there, they're filming some scenes for the Avengers. This site liked some of the pictures we took:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168273-exclusive-spoiler-pics-from-the-avengers-set

As you might imagine it was pretty exciting to see an Alien ship in the middle of Cleveland. :cool:

I'm SO excited! I always thought there was something lacking in all superhero movies. It was the fact that there was one hero vs one bad guy. So it got boring watching the same powers battle. But now there will be a ton of hero powers being used at the same time and more then more bad guy it seems.
As Yoda would say: "Awesome movie will it be!" :D

It is cool to have one movie serve as a sequel to several separate, parallel earlier movies. Also cool that Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets to have some kind of coordinating role. Still waiting to find out if they plan to bring in the Hulk.

When did the alien ship land in Cleveland? and what ever happened to the aliens? and more importantly where's the crowd of silly citizens milling about near the danger? :D

When did the alien ship land in Cleveland? and what ever happened to the aliens? and more importantly where's the crowd of silly citizens milling about near the danger? :D

A few days ago. Don't know. Oh, we were part of that crowd. :cool: XD Not in the movie though, sadly, they were not filming at the time.

It is cool to have one movie serve as a sequel to several separate, parallel earlier movies. Also cool that Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets to have some kind of coordinating role. Still waiting to find out if they plan to bring in the Hulk.

I believe he is in this movie and is being played by a Mark Ruffalo. I also read that instead of using CGI for when he's the Hulk, they're using the "Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture." So it should be interesting to see how he looks.

I'm normally a DC guy, but I have to admit that Thor was awesome! Still need to see Captain America. Still think it's stupid that Paramount is getting the credit, when Disney is paying and distributing the film. But, I guess that contract with Disney has certain things like that in it.

I didn't go to "Thor" because I despise Natalie Portman for her America-bashing. But I'll probably go see "Avengers."

I dislike Natalie Portman too, but I enjoyed Thor, even much more than Captain America. Captain America I found really slow/boring.

And I'm looking forward to The Avengers.

Haven't seen Captain America, but I really want to since it's partly a period picture and the old soul that I am Love to see a girl dressed like it's 1943. Avengers look very exciting, makes me wish that Justice League movie got off the ground.

I don't know if I am totally for DC or Marvel in exclusion of the other. I think I like the Marvel Superheroes better with the exception of Superman (who doesn't love Truth, Justice, and the American Way). Yes, Captain America started off slow but the ending was pretty good. I really like the fact that both Captain America and Thor were gentlemen and that is a weakness that makes me dislike the Ironman movies.

I like the concept of the Avengers interacting with S.H.I.E.L.D. That way, the audience is reminded that EVEN persons without super-powers may be able to contribute something.

I don't know if I am totally for DC or Marvel in exclusion of the other. I think I like the Marvel Superheroes better with the exception of Superman (who doesn't love Truth, Justice, and the American Way). Yes, Captain America started off slow but the ending was pretty good. I really like the fact that both Captain America and Thor were gentlemen and that is a weakness that makes me dislike the Ironman movies.

Hmm, you are right about the gentlemen part. I just didn't like how much Captain America seemed to jump around, and to me it was just boring enough to cause me to lose interest the second time I attempted to watch it. I watched Thor about 3 times before returning it to Netflix if that indicates anything at all.

I forget who Alan Silvestri is. But about being a gentleman:

When the comicbook industry made its collective decision, decades ago, that characters WOULD NOT AGE, this produced an Unintended Consequence. When you have to keep on writing stories about a character, but you resist using the plot ideas that come with NATURAL CHANGE -- such as getting married and having children -- then you have to find OTHER things to change if you don't want to be TOTALLY static and fossilized. So they made changes in PERSONALITY TRAITS. One of the farthest-out personality changes was in "Fantastic Four" comics, when the Thing's girlfriend Alicia turned out TO HAVE BEEN A SKRULL ALL THE TIME.

Tony Stark as I remember him was no less courteous a man than Captain America. But it's been many years since I was a regular comicbook reader, and I have not seen any of the Iron Man films yet. DID they decide to make Mr. Stark rude and abrasive?

Back