Tell 5 things about yourself II

I like driving fast and am paying for it in the process.

I love animals.

I loved the narnia books since I was little.

I'm kind of an introvert and am always going over things internally.

I hold you all in high esteem and yes, love you all as brothers and sisters in Christ or potential ones.

Hey, you asked.

Asked and are very glad to hear it. The feeling is mutual.

1. I graduate from college in 18 days.

2. I kill headphones regularly.

3. I own an excessive amount of teapots.

4. While I love videography, I'm really not that great at photography.

5. I talk to animals quite frequently.

1) My wife, who used to be active here as "Karoliina Aleksandra" (the double I's are intentional, it's Finnish), left me last year because she just decided she didn't feel like being married.

2) This week I finally applied for my Social Security retirement benefits.

3) I have loved many dogs, but I have no more time for them now.

4) I portray a mysterious 16th-century spy in a little-known re-enactment group called The Valiant Vagabonds.

5) I have almost completed writing a science-fiction novel titled "Children of the Grey Eagle."

1) Two-ish months until I graduate and get my degree... It's been a long five years so I'm excited, but also a little scared about starting my first 'proper' job in September.

2) I've been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack a lot lately.

3) The last time I posted on TDL was quite a while ago and I think I've changed a lot (for the better) since then.

4) I'm having salmon and quinoa for dinner.

5) I've run out of things. :p

EDIT: I've just realised that I've been on TDL for ten years?! I guess that could have been #5!

Happy 10th Anniversary on TDL, Princey! May your last 2 months of schooling go smoothly...

1. My family is reading through the Bible one chapter at a time.
2. I have a hilarious copy of William Shakespeare's Star Wars -- an Elizabethan style retelling of Episode IV in iambic pentameter.
3. Although I am far from bilingual, I play piano for a Mandarin choir for fun at church.
4. Today I am hosting a table for the Friends of the Library at a fundraiser tea for a Railroad Museum.
5. I don't like to cook fresh fish (or shrimp)... because I have a personal history of seafood-cooking disasters.

1. I'm teaching one of my younger brothers through a class on epic poetry.
2. I once broke the bannister in R. A. Torrey's house (he was a 19th century American theologian) by sliding down it.
3. In elementary school, I spent a lot of time sitting in the driveway, playing with ants.
4. I once held a fake funeral for an ant.
5. I scared my mother when I was a kid. I also scare her now.

1. When I was six, I liked to wear a loincloth and pretend to be Tarzan.
2. I'm a pretty good archer.
3. I come from a long line of celts.
4. I'm great with a sword.
5. Dragons are my favorite animals.

1. I never watch soccer except during the European or World Championships, and then I can't really watch the games either because the tension is simply too much.
  2. I don't really like the month of May although my birthday is in it.
  3. My voice has become so much stronger since I started teaching. Now I have no trouble whatsoever shutting down a loud classroom. I don't know if I can handle that kind of power.
  4. My eyes are the #1 spot in 1,000 Places Insects Should See Before They Die.
  5. I love mornings.

1. I own a Blue Box (unfortunately its not bigger on he inside)
2. I am an expat.
3. I own both a bowtie (although a cheap one) and a stetson.
4. I have a rather lage collection of books for someone who moves around.
5. I'm starting to get hungry.

2. I am an expat.

Sorry for the double. #6 is The wifi here isn't great.

Last edited:
Noting your location reference to New Zealand: is that where you are an expat TO, or where you are an expat FROM?

2. I am an expat.

Oh, that's right: you DID tell us about Thailand in the past.

Now for five more statements about me.

I have become acquainted with an extremely charming unattached woman.

She is not anyone who has ever been on TDL.

She has four children, who have all taken a liking to me.

Probably nothing more than friendship will ever come of this.

Sometimes it really stinks being over the age of sixty.

1. I have now been to 32 states in my various road trips around the country. o_O
2. I have met more band members than I can count on two hands.
3. I have been to six major league baseball stadiums.
4. But football is actually my favorite sport.
5. My longest lasting injury is a football injury. (It morphed into carpal tunnel after starting as gamekeeper's thumb. So much fun.)

1. I went to Disneyland last night and I'm very tired
2. I'm going to England in a week and I'm going to die from excitement
3. My favorite band is Switchfoot
4. Like GG, football is my favorite sport (really hope your talking about American football)
5. and the Green Bay Packers is the best team in the nfl

Have an incredible trip, Annemarie!

1. At the Monterey Aquarium, I saw an octopus color-change from bright orange, to a light speckled grey blending in to the rock he was hanging out on, a light colored, mottled stone.

2. I learned that albatrosses have a special gland that extracts salt from the ocean water they drink while living at sea.

3. I was charmed by a penguin dutifully building a rock-nest for his mate, carrying pebbles in his mouth to the top of the exhibit, and when he dropped one would perseveringly hop down the rocks to pick it up again and again

4. I got to see schooling sardines, schooling anchovies and schooling look-down fish.

5. Other first time discoveries:
flamboyant cuttlefish, bioluminescent jellies, and a sea pen.

Happy 10th Anniversary on TDL, Princey! May your last 2 months of schooling go smoothly...

Thank you very much, Benisse! They did :)

1. I'm officially a degree-holder and a dentist!
2. I now have two months off; this is likely to be the last long summer holiday I'll ever have, so I'm determined to make the most of it.
3. One of my summer goals is to finally stop being lazy and learn how to drive... :rolleyes:
4. I'm sad about Brexit.
5. My sleeping pattern has been very off lately. I didn't manage to fall asleep until around 6:30am yesterday.

1. Apparently, I'm unable to pronounce the word 'quarter' in American English.
2. If the only purpose of stoplights in the UK is to distinguish between natives and tourists, I classify as hesitant immigrant.
3. Making soap bubbles relaxes me.
4. I'm a real-life unreliable narrator.
5. When I address my co-workers with a friendly 'Hey babe,' it confuses them.

1. I am a police officer, it had to be said because in the past three years that has become so much a part of my life.
2. I have been on NF officially for almost ten years but was one the ghostie-guests since I first found out that they were remaking Narnia movies in early 2005. Enjoyed watching the original duffers but did not have my own email.
3. I have a dog named Colin Creevey, he is a white german shepherd, yellow lab, and great pyrenees cross.
4. I think I posted on the original 5 things thread.
5. I remember when Duffer posts used to count on your posting statistics

Back