on closing down threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, I hate it when mods close down threads! But I also like it when they stick up for you in tough situations...Why in the world does it have to be like that? Take a look at my thread "cya" and check out what the mods said. It got pretty funny at the end. Anyways, how am I supposed to tell people I'll see them later (or, Prince of the West, talk to them later, since I can't virtually see them)? Am I supposed to PM every single person talking to me and tell them bye? I think not...instead, why can't we just post a thread to the whole world (or site) saying 'cya' so that everyone talking to us knows we're leaving?

I get what you're saying, because it's really hard to go to a certian page on the Gone and Away thread and look if, so-and-so is gone or still here! I think it's a waste of time (the thread). Yeah, making your own threads would take up some room, but who cares? Not many people.

There is a "Gone and Away" thread in the "Tea with Mr. Tumnus" area. That is intended for that purpose. If you inform your friends by PM, (bit by bit if they are unfamiliar with that area) that that is where you will be signing off, then that is fine. My guess is you hang with the Duffers quite a bit, so you want to sign off from there (btw, even this thread belongs in a mod Q&A thread, not it's own in the Duffers). But if you reflect a bit, you'll realize how clogged it would get if the forum began to allow ever member to start threads nearly daily just to say "Bye!" and have a couple of responses. Remember, it is your little "light" that indicates that you are here or not, and though I appreciate your courtesy, that light going off means you aren't here. Most will get the point, I think.

Oh, and one more thing: iLock:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back