The NFC Forum

Dernhelm said:
I don't know if this would be realistic, but do you suppose you could make an alternitive download, chopped up into three or four pieces? Episode five will take two hours and twenty minutes to download on my connection (56K dile-up). However, I don't know how many people have that problem, and I don't know how much space you have for extra copies! :p Just a suggestion. :)
I've actually been thinking about getting a dial-up version of the podcast worked out. It wouldn't be nearly as good quality of course, but it's a thought.

I think there should be a thread for every podcast to discuss it. For example, us "crazy fan girls" could discuss our feelings on the comment about William's appearance, and we could rate that episode here too.

Re: Necessity of Aslan's death discussion on the podcast

I was reading the Magician's Nephew last night after listening to the podcast that discussed whether Aslan would have needed to die if Edmund hadn't betrayed them.

Quoted from p 136 of the paperback Collier Books edition printed in 1970:
"You see, friends," he said, "that before the new, clean world I gave you is seven hours old, a force of evil has already entered it; waked and brought hither by this Son of Adam." The Beasts, even Strawberry, all turned their eyes on Digory till he felt that he wished the ground would swallow him up. "But do not be cast down," said Aslan, still speaking to the Beasts. "Evil will come of that evil, but it is a long way off, and I will see to it that the worst falls upon myself."

From this I thought that it wasn't Edmund really that was why Aslan had to die. He was just a specific individual like each of use are in Christ's death. It seems that it was actually Diggory's actions that introduced the evil that ended up causing the need for Aslan's sacrifice. I doubt the witch could have truely been beaten otherwise. Diggory's actions gave her power in Narnia but Aslan's sacrifice removed it.

What do you all think?

From this I thought that it wasn't Edmund really that was why Aslan had to die. He was just a specific individual like each of use are in Christ's death. It seems that it was actually Diggory's actions that introduced the evil that ended up causing the need for Aslan's sacrifice. I doubt the witch could have truely been beaten otherwise. Diggory's actions gave her power in Narnia but Aslan's sacrifice removed it.

What do you all think?

I agree, because nobody was perfect then or before then and that is why it could have been either Edmund, Peter, Susan, or lucy that Aslan would have given his life up for. But that's the symbolic meaning about it. That he did it for all of Narnia, it didn't matter who it was.

Thanks

Hi--This is Lynne Riday. So nice of you to say that! Do you think I did a decent job on the British accent, considering I'm from New Jersey?

It's a lot of work, but we love doing it. i want to see EveningStar's works get the credit and recognition they deserve.

Awesome. Nice work Paul,hb,and the rest.

Give Auditory Cut and Paste Credit Where It's Due

Yes, you sure do! Podcast participant Lynne Riday/Starlight/Linden/Mrs. B here.

EveningStar is too modest to say just how many hours and hours of thought, creativity, and tedious splicing he puts into each and every podcast to get it as professional as he can make it. So there, I just said it for him.

Please give The Cute As A Button Badger a pat on the back. And send cookies. Big chunky chocolate Pepperidge Farm ones.

I edit the podcasts. You should hear them before I get my paws on them. ;)

Yes, you sure do! Podcast participant Lynne Riday/Starlight/Linden/Mrs. B here.

EveningStar is too modest to say just how many hours and hours of thought, creativity, and tedious splicing he puts into each and every podcast to get it as professional as he can make it. So there, I just said it for him.

Please give The Cute As A Button Badger a pat on the back. And send cookies. Big chunky chocolate Pepperidge Farm ones.

I'll agree with that pat on the back for John! The cookies too. Too bad I don't have any other badger stuff at the moment to send. Well done John!

Back