Benonites II

I have wondered for a while now what religion Ben is and he always seems to find ways around that question. BUT he finally talked a bit about religion in an interview. I encourage y'all to stop by www.benbarnesfan.com as they have posted several new interviews with Ben as a result of Killing Bono being released in the US. Anyway here's what he had to say about religion.

"I’ve had a lot of debates over the years. One of my best friends is a very religious guy. We often have debates in the pub about life and beliefs and everything. But I didn’t really have much of that growing up.

My mum was raised Jewish, my dad is very scientifically minded, and my school was vaguely Christian. We sang hymns in school. I liked the hymns bit, but apart from that, I can take it or leave it. So I had lots of different influences when I was younger."

You can find the rest of the interview at the link below.

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-q...ian-mindset-and-working-with-legendary-actors

P.S. I have officially seen all of Ben's movies except Stardust and obviously all the ones that are yet to be released. Found Bigga than Ben and Killing Bono on youtube and watched them both in one night. He was Russian in one and Irish in the other so by the end of the night I had completely forgotten what his natural voice sounded like. He has a lot more talent than I realized, which is saying saying something.

:::BUT THIS IS YOUR WARNING::: Killing Bono does have a lot of swearing and sexual content. There's a good reason it's rated R in the US.

and P.S. again, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEVENTH SON!!! The books are really interesting and suspenseful. I've only finished book 6 but I plan to read the rest. Can't wait to see what the powers that be will do to it. It'll probably be scary. I'm planning to take someone with me to the theatre when it comes out so I can old their hand ;)

That was my big long rant to make up for the fact that no one's posted in the thread in like forever ;p

that sounds very intresting i'll have to read it

that sounds very intresting i'll have to read the article, i'm not going to say very much on this issue because the mods will shut us up if we keep talking about this issue but i think it is intresting, i'm glad ben is searching

DUDES! Its been soooooooooo long since I've researched this man. I saw the Killing Bono trailer up on iTunes the other day. Trip down memory lane I tell you.
I'm sorry to have left you all,but I was very offended after he said he hated getting fan-mail from 12 year olds. Ding dong,you starred in a kid's film! who else is gonna send you stuff?
Anyway,this guy I write fanfiction about now,Adam Young,he doesn't do gross stuff I can't watch. And he's an extremely blatant christian. So if you ever wonder what I've been doing...that's it.

Ben is still gorgeous though. He should seriously try singing for a living. His voice is GOLDEN.

I didn't take him to mean he hated getting fanmail from 12 yr olds, just the fanmail that said MARRY ME BEN!!! since ya know he can't legally marry a 12 yr old.

Nice to know what you've been up to. Miss analyzing Ben with you :) Hope all is well with you at home. Still think you're amazing! :D

DUDES! Its been soooooooooo long since I've researched this man. I saw the Killing Bono trailer up on iTunes the other day. Trip down memory lane I tell you.
I'm sorry to have left you all,but I was very offended after he said he hated getting fan-mail from 12 year olds. Ding dong,you starred in a kid's film! who else is gonna send you stuff?
Anyway,this guy I write fanfiction about now,Adam Young,he doesn't do gross stuff I can't watch. And he's an extremely blatant christian. So if you ever wonder what I've been doing...that's it.

Ben is still gorgeous though. He should seriously try singing for a living. His voice is GOLDEN.
Just saw the trailer myself. Man, this movie looks really GOOD! O____O

I would totally buy his album:D
I can't wait to see Killing Bono, so excited!

I didn't take him to mean he hated getting fanmail from 12 yr olds, just the fanmail that said MARRY ME BEN!!! since ya know he can't legally marry a 12 yr old.

Nice to know what you've been up to. Miss analyzing Ben with you :) Hope all is well with you at home. Still think you're amazing! :D

ha ha! plus the underwear!
anyway,I also got really tired of him always doing risque things I couldn't watch. so I went and fangirled over a guy who apologized for slightly sexy perfume ads that were behind him when he was scyping.

Why am I even in here? too many memories! ahhgg!:eek:
I know. I miss analyzing with you too,really helps me with new stuff. I'm careful with guys now. But really. He was kind of a bad influence for me. Dorian Gray still has me scarred. This Guy Adam,he's totally my speed. Very kid friendly,very sweet. But I still love Ben. I wish him all the best and hope he has a happy life.

Last edited:
ha ha! plus the underwear!
anyway,I also got really tired of him always doing risque things I couldn't watch. so I went and fangirled over a guy who apologized for slightly sexy perfume ads that were behind him when he was scyping.

Why am I even in here? too many memories! ahhgg!:eek:
I know. I miss analyzing with you too,really helps me with new stuff. I'm careful with guys now. But really. He was kind of a bad influence for me. Dorian Gray still has me scarred. This Guy Adam,he's totally my speed. Very kid friendly,very sweet. But I still love Ben. I wish him all the best and hope he has a happy life.

Not just any underwear. HELLO KITTY underwear. lol poor guy.

But yeah, I do wish he would do more family friendly stuff. The Seventh Son should be ok as far as like not having gross stuff if it's at all like the book. I mean the character in the book is only like 13 so there's nothing sketchy like that going on with him and his sort of complicated crush. BUT if you can't handle scary/ some gore then you should most definitely avoid it because even the illustrations in the book are really ummm... graphic. If you like horror then absolutely go for it. I'm saying all that based on what I know of the books. Of course the story is in Hollywood's hands now and they have aged the characters up so who knows what they'll stick in it:mad:

On another note, I'm really glad that you found someone to fangirl who you don't have to compromise for. It's very important to choose your influences wisely and I'm glad to see you've done that :)

and DUH of course you still love Ben or you wouldn't have ventured back to this thread ;)

Not just any underwear. HELLO KITTY underwear. lol poor guy.

But yeah, I do wish he would do more family friendly stuff. The Seventh Son should be ok as far as like not having gross stuff if it's at all like the book. I mean the character in the book is only like 13 so there's nothing sketchy like that going on with him and his sort of complicated crush. BUT if you can't handle scary/ some gore then you should most definitely avoid it because even the illustrations in the book are really ummm... graphic. If you like horror then absolutely go for it. I'm saying all that based on what I know of the books. Of course the story is in Hollywood's hands now and they have aged the characters up so who knows what they'll stick in it:mad:

On another note, I'm really glad that you found someone to fangirl who you don't have to compromise for. It's very important to choose your influences wisely and I'm glad to see you've done that :)

and DUH of course you still love Ben or you wouldn't have ventured back to this thread ;)

Nah,I was just bored and decided to see what you're up to. I haven't any interest in seeing any of his movies anymore. I'm not a horror person either,but I've seen about 15 PG-13 films already. They were mostly Super Hero movies though.

Yeah,Adam is a sweetie. He apologized for Budwieser signs on the wall at one of his concerts! and for some slightly sexy makeup ads too. Made me laugh,he tweeted me back saying that it wasn't Censorship,it was Morality. Totally made my day. :)

comes in with her angelic robe and wings on & with a fake Christmas tree

comes in in her angelic robe and wings on with a artifical Christmas tree for ben with a stand on it, sets it up and decorates it with candy canes & LED angel lights on it & a blinking on & off star on top :)

Nah,I was just bored and decided to see what you're up to. I haven't any interest in seeing any of his movies anymore. I'm not a horror person either,but I've seen about 15 PG-13 films already. They were mostly Super Hero movies though.

Yeah,Adam is a sweetie. He apologized for Budwieser signs on the wall at one of his concerts! and for some slightly sexy makeup ads too. Made me laugh,he tweeted me back saying that it wasn't Censorship,it was Morality. Totally made my day. :)

Sounds like a winner to me :D

@ Shortangel! You're so awesome. Thanks for always brightening up the holidays and getting everyone in the spirit!

BEN BARNES. IN THE WORDS.

THE TRAILER PLAYED IN FRONT OF THE AVENGERS TODAY AND I WAS LIKE SCREAMING IN THE THEATRE BECAUSE IT'S BEEN AGES AND HE LOOKED LIKE JOHN WHITTAKER FROM EASY VIRTUE AND OMG MEMORIES.

It was weird because I didn't know he was in it before hand :D

i might consider renting The Words when it comes out on DVD at the libiary

i might consider rentng The Words when it comes out on DVD at the libiary i haven't watched The Chroncles Of Narnia prince caspian for a long time, that's my favorite movie role that ben has been in

i'll probably try to find The Words at the libiary

i'll probably rent the The Words at the libiary when it comes out on DVD, i heard somewhere that ben co wrote the story or something

Back