Cool picture AHD. Thanks for sharing! I am so pumped for the movie adaptation of The Hobbit. I might read the book again before part 1 comes out in December.

One big difference between "The Hobbit" and "LOTR" is that in "LOTR," all the good guys operated with one hand tied behind their backs. You can't do this because of such-and-such mystical destiny, and you can't do that because of such-and-such mystical destiny. In "The Hobbit," people could just go ahead and DO things.

New Comic-Con 2012, The Hobbit, poster:
554081_10151066186896558_361331377_n1.jpg

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/554081_10151066186896558_361331377_n1.jpg

I thought it was when Gandalf is going to Bilbo's. It almost reminds me of the illustration on the cover.

Attachments

• hobbit-the Hobbit.jpg
    hobbit-the Hobbit.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 127
So do I! I am so anticipating the movie version and I hope it does real justice to the book. We will see! Peter Jackson is directing it, so that might help.

Sure! Stupid movie websites always block their pictures from other websites..

Anyhow, the link is a bigger version of the broken image :p

They announced today that The Hobbit will be made into three movies, a trilogy. Cool! The more, the merrier!

Among other things, this will provide the opportunity to get some FEMALE characters into the action -- as in one thing I already know they ARE doing, namely giving Galadriel an appearance. I heartily welcome this correction of the all-male original format... PROVIDED that Andrew Adamson is NOT allowed to come within a trillion miles of having ANY influence on it. If Adamson were put in charge, he would say that Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin, Beorn and Bard are ALL clueless morons, who don't know which end of a sword to hold on to unless a brilliant, infallible ten-year-old girl instructs them.

Back