The Last Picture Show

Sold!

Hey everyone. Just to let you know I actually SOLD one of my manips on devianArt. It's crazy! I didn't even know someone was crazy enough to buy my stuff. I made a grand total of like, 4 bucks, lol! It's a good feeling tho so I thought I'll share the news.

See the last entry on this screenshot of my DA messages

This is the print that sold:
http://www.deviantart.com/print/21602106/

I think so. I'll have to look for them because I have several back up drives and I'm not sure which one they are in. I'll let you know when I find them if I'm not too lazy to go over all my stuff.

Hey everyone. I just made this from a picture I took of my adorable niece (and I do have permission to post it). The reason I'm posting it is because I made this entirely on my Android phone, no computer involved, except to save and upload here. I used several mobile apps as follows:
A Better Camera to take the picture, then Perfectly Clear to clean up the noise, After Focus Pro for the focusing and blur, Pixlr Express for the filter, coloring, and resizing, and lastly, Cymera for the light and Bokeh. I like it a lot, and it does help that my niecy is a cutie pie and has experience with posing and light modeling.

43394fb4-a140-4d1d-9a13-1b447c4f2c12.jpg

how adorable is that? great shot! thanks for explaining all the apps -- maybe i will try one. good work.

Hello, I am reviving this thread for old times' sake.

I don't do Photoshop anymore mainly because I don't have time to dedicate to photomanipulations or other art. However, I do most of my art and photo edits on my mobile devices as those apps are getting very sophisticated and there's very little to miss from PS, that is, unless you are a professional graphic arts designer. Also with mobile apps, it takes only a fraction of the time to edit a photo or drawing, 10 to 15 minutes tops, compared to 1 to 3 hours in PS. Having said that, here are a few images I wanted to share (click to enlarge).

The first two were taken earlier this month at Manhattan Beach, CA, the originals are just regular color photos taken with my phone. I have a Nexus 6 now which is a phone with one of the most excellent cameras of any mobile device.

And this next one is my friend Maggie Chan, (posted with permission) who is also a character in my posts in the "Attention-Deficit Role Playing" thread in Dufferland. :D

And yes, she was telling me a sad and painful story at that time and didn't even notice that I was taking pictures as she was relating it. I have a batch with several images of her sad expressions that would break your heart just to look at. I just wanted to hug her and love her forever to soothe her pain. Great. now I'm sad.

Last edited:
Lovely photos BK. Amazing that you are taking them on your phone! So what apps do you use for photo editing on the phone? I just have the edit feature of the camera on my iPhone IV, so it is nothing sophisticated at all.

Lovely photos BK. Amazing that you are taking them on your phone! So what apps do you use for photo editing on the phone? I just have the edit feature of the camera on my iPhone IV, so it is nothing sophisticated at all.
There are several apps out there for photo editing, but most are missing one or two features that I like. For selective focusing I use AfterfocusPro, just so that I can blur backgrounds or foregrounds in fine detail. Some apps have what they call "focal" blur but that only does circular or linear blur. It's not very useful but it's cool if you know how to use it. There's also the free version called just AfterFocus. Perfectly Clear is very powerful app to clean up noise and clear up dark pictures. One tap of the "Edit" button and it's as if Perfectly Clear removes a full layer of grime and noise that you didn't even know was there, leaving most pictures sharp and crisp and looking like they were taken with a powerful DSLR. It's one of my favorites for when I take a picture and everything comes out light except the subject. PerfectlyClear has a "fix dark" setting that will light up everything in the picture, thus lighting up darkened faces or objects.

For artistic purposes I use Cymera but it doesn't have very fine controls on some of the effects and other artistic settings but still is pretty good. But.... the one I use most and have been using for well over 3 years is Pixlr. Pixlr is probably the most powerful app out there and is very comparable to anything available online. For casual artists and photo enthusiasts, this app is as powerful as Photoshop. It has many adjustments, filters, overlays, text options, and it can do almost anything you want (except selective focusing and "fix dark" settings). The best part about Pixlr is that it's FREE! There are a few settings that you only get if you create an account with them, but that is free as well.

There are many, many other good apps out there such as Aviary, Camera360, PicsArt, and many others, but the four I described above are my favorites and use them constantly.

Last edited:
wow! thanks! i take a lot of photos on ipad too -- these sound great for that as well. cool.

Hello Back! I really haven't done anything graphics related but I went to New York in December and I took some photos that I slightly edited. A few are included here. These are all scenes from Wantagh in Long Island, which is my hometown in New York. I hope you all like them. If you want to see more of my photos and you have an Instagram account, I am @alteredegopictures. I'll be happy if you follow me as I have tons more there. If you don't have IG, you can still see my photos on your computer at https://www.instagram.com/alteredegopictures/ but it would be nice if you had an account and give me some likes!!! Yay! If you do follow me in IG, let me know who you are here so I can follow you back if you want.

Back