The Last Picture Show

It's not Owl City Annemarie, sorry. But I think I should make one sometime. What do you say? I only own one of his songs, the one they were giving away on iTunes.

Thank you both for your comments. I do have more coming up soon as I have immediate ideas for at least 3 more graphics.

The Owl City one would be great! I love their music:)

Pretty ladies

My Legend of Zelda graphics aren't coming out the way I like them so I decided to take a short break from that. In the meantime, what better inspiration (for me at least ;) ) than two of my favorite pretty ladies?

This is Brazilian Actress Morena Baccarin, playing the character Inara in one of my favorite series, Firefly.

GirlGotSkills.jpg

This one is Jewel Staite, who plays Kaylee, the ship's mechanic in the same series.

Kaylee01.jpg

And this is my screen cap I used for that graphic. Whadda ya think?
PDVD_066.jpg

Last edited:
These new ones are great! I particularly like the second one. The lighting is great, and I like the color saturation of the sky behind her. The font is also really good, because it fits the picture so well. Comparing it to the original screenshot, I can tell all the things you added, and I'm really impressed. :)

Also, I've driven myself crazy trying to figure out who it was who this actor reminds me of, in the second image. I finally figured it out!!! She looks just like a girl I spent time with on a homeschool field trip last year. :p The hair and facial shape are very similar.

Last edited:
These new ones are great! I particularly like the second one. The lighting is great, and I like the color saturation of the sky behind her. The font is also really good, because it fits the picture so well. Comparing it to the original screenshot, I can tell all the things you added, and I'm really impressed. :)

Also, I've driven myself crazy trying to figure out who it was who this actor reminds me of, particularly in the second image. I finally figured it out!!! She looks just like a girl I spent time with on a homeschool field trip last year. :p The hair and facial shape are very similar.
Thank you Miss D. I have to tell you the secret about the font on the second photo. Is not really a font. It's a text brush on a different layer. I downloaded the brush from Brusheezy. They have lots of cool ones there.

Also I had to use a special trick to bring the colors of the umbrella back to life because everything I was trying would make her face too red. So I used brush layers and "airbrushed" the colors with a low opacity. I know, I'm talking like am a big freaking expert. The truth is most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or how to do anything. I've learned everything just by actually doing it and have stumbled on techniques by accident, really (after all PS is expensive so I might as well put it to use).

Thank you Miss D. I have to tell you the secret about the font on the second photo. Is not really a font. It's a text brush on a different layer. I downloaded the brush from Brusheezy. They have lots of cool ones there.

Also I had to use a special trick to bring the colors of the umbrella back to life because everything I was trying would make her face too red. So I used brush layers and "airbrushed" the colors with a low opacity. I know, I'm talking like am a big freaking expert. The truth is most of the time I don't know what I'm doing or how to do anything. I've learned everything just by actually doing it and have stumbled on techniques by accident, really (after all PS is expensive so I might as well put it to use).
Hee hee, you are talking like an expert. :D But even though I don't even use PS, I know what you're talking about. :p

Saffron

Another pretty lady for inspiration! This is Christina Hendricks as Saffron in Firefly. Don't let the sad face fool you. She'll sell you out to any bidder in a heartbeat.

Saffron.jpg

Oath To Order

This is another LoZ graphic featuring the Oath To Order from from Majora's Mask.

When you first play the game and get to the part where you learn the song, it is feels like learning just another song with a long cutscene. However, knowing this song will be of the utmost importance much later in the game that you wonder how you ever missed the clue at the end of the cutscene.

Another thing that happens to many fans of this game is that years later, when they pick up this game again and re-play it, this scene sends chills down their spines when they remember what a momentous occasion this is. I know it happens to me all the time and it's something non-fans can never understand... unless it happens to them with topics of their interest.

OathToOrder1.jpg

Watch the cheesy (for you :D ) cutscene HERE. But whatever you think, you'll have to agree with me that the melody is just beautiful.

Last edited:
The Song of Storms

From The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time.

The Song of Storms has a Doctor Who-like time travel conundrum. When you're a grown up, you learn this song from a guy in a windmill. The guy tells you that seven years ago a mean kid with an ocarina like yours played that song and messed up the windmill. The guy never forgot the song and now he has passed it on to you. So guess what? In order to complete an important part of the game you have to go back in time seven years and play the Song of Storms in front of the guy in the windmill. This is the moment he was talking about when he taught you the song in the future and the mean kid he learned the song from is YOU! (I can hear the gears in your brain grinding :D)

SongOfStorms.jpg

This is a good version of the song, but it sounds more like a real storm in METAL (my favorite) from
ArtificialFear!

EDIT: I found another awesome remix of that song from Ephixa HERE.

Last edited:
The new ones are great! I really like the song of storms one. It's sooooo pretty! I like the font and the rainbow effect a lot. :D

The Bolero of Fire

Thanks Ms.D! You are always so sweet.

The Bolero of Fire from Ocarina of Time is possibly my favorite of the Six Warp Songs you learn in the game (second favorite would be The Serenade of Water, coming up sometime soon). However, the Bolero and the other five songs are so beautiful but so short you'll always end up wishing they would go on longer.

This is what I came up with. It's not very good but maybe when I get more skills I'll make a better version.

I had to learn to make letters look as if on fire cause I couldn't find anything like it. Look below for the raw image I made of the word "FIRE." You may use it if you want.

BoleroOfFire1.jpg

Get your headphones on before you click because the Bolero of Fire is only 21 seconds long.

If you wanted it to go on longer, we can always count on ArtificialFear to help us out with his rock version!

FIRE on fire.
Fire.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, that is so cool! You did a fantastic job with the fire on fire! :D I would have guessed it was a font. That's really impressive that you made it yourself! On the banner, I love how you have all the golden swirls around it. It looks really awesome. :cool:

Kissogram Pond

As always, thank you to the beautiful Miss D. :)

I am experimenting with other techniques, and see if I can come up with some other stuff. I wanted to do something with Amy Pond but not the usual Doctor Who scenes and definitely not together with any other character so I came up with this. What do you think? I'll try to go for a less dark effect next time. I'm just wondering why I don't get a kissogram like this!!!! :D

KissogramPond.jpg

Come along, Pond!

Oh boy. Have I got a graphic for ya'all!

I went through this lengthy but very useful tutorial and I learned to do lots of blending and color adjustments to create fantasy environments. My first effort resulted in the graphic below. What do you all think? I also used one of my Amy png's from the previous graphic.

The original size is huge but it's the wrong size for a wallpaper. Maybe it's something I'd like to print out in full sheet and stick it to the wall in my room with all the rest of my posters!

I am posting the reduced one here. If anyone would like the full size picture (2580x3598 pixels) you can download it from my MEDIA FIRE account. Click the download button below the graphic.

ComeAlongPondReduced.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That is GREAT! My mouth literally dropped open when I saw it! :D I love the books and the bubbles and the sparklies and the fish tail. ^.^ It's so fantastical and fun!

Amy's Duck Pond - Carmen Rose

Ahem! It's a whale tail...

Thank you! I think I found out what will my style be: FANTASY ENVIRONMENTS AND SURREAL COMPOSITIONS! How's that? I really like that and I find it a lot easier to do and compose in PS, although I still lack enough creativity to think up environments on my own. But I'll get there. In the meantime, I made these other two graphics.

The first one is another Doctor Who theme with dialogue from The Eleventh Hour episode. I think it's quiet amusing. I hope I didn't misspelled anything. As usual, the original size is huge but this time is the perfect size for a computer wallpaper (Widescreen monitor) downloadable from MediaFire.

The second one is my beautiful friend Carmen Rose having a light and tasty lunch by the pool. This photo was way too cute to pass up!

Amy's Duck Pond:
AmysDuckPond1.jpg

Carmen Rose By The Pool
CarmenRosebyThePool.jpg

PS. I might make another graphic later but then I'll have to take a break to continue with my current unfinished story...

Back