What Really Happened to Sopespian

Sopespian

I have been meaning to write this fictional story I've had in mind for a while. Here it is, the truly fictional story!

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO SOPESPIAN

Sopespian faced the river-g*d up close and personal. He trembled and then yelled as he fell of the now-destroyed bridge into the river. But a great and intrepid warrior like Sopespian wasn’t killed by the river. When he reached the river, he held his breath as he went under. He struggled to swim and finally came up on the riverbank in an inconspicuous part of the river. Unnoticed, he slipped off into the brush, carefully avoiding any trees that even so much as twitched. He hid out there until everyone was gone.

The next morning, Sopespian went back to his home in Telmar. Shaving and hair-cutting having been done by him and his relieved wife, Katelinia, they went to the meeting of the Narnians and Telmarines. When Aslan opened the door in the tree, Sopespian and Katelinia were overjoyed. Here was their chance to start a new life! Sopespian walked up a little farther, hoping not to be recognized, when whom else did he see going through but - Glozelle himself! He was determined to follow. When the line of Telmarines going through the door grew, he joined, hoping he would not be noticed. Katelinia followed close behind. Every other person went through without comment from the Lion, so he figured that it would be fairly easy. But he was wrong. As soon as he got up to the tree, he heard the Lion’s thick, golden voice to his left. “Are you Lord Sopespian of Telmar?” asked Aslan.

Sopespian stopped. His heart was racing. He forced himself to turn to the Lion and look him in the eye. “Y-yes,” he answered.”

“I believe you are a murderer. Is this true?” The entire crowd could hear the conversation, which made Sopespian even more uncomfortable.

Sopespian’s emotion got the best of him. “I was avenging the death of King Caspian the Ninth when I killed Miraz!” he shouted at the Lion.

The Lion looked at him with pure honesty in his eyes and Sopespian started to shake. He didn’t tremble. He shook. The Lion repeated, “Is this true?”

Sopespian hung his head, still quaking. “No,” he said. “I-I tried to convince myself that I was avenging Caspian the Ninth, but… but I was just trying to get the kingdom.”

“And did you not lie when you accused the Narnians of treachery?”

“I g-guess I did.” Sopespian knelt before Aslan, weeping. “Will-will you forgive me? I’m so sorry for what I’ve done. All along I knew it wasn’t right, but I couldn’t help but hate Miraz for what he had done. Caspian the Ninth was my mentor and dearest friend next to Glozelle.”

The Lion put his paw on Sopespian’s shoulder. “I forgive you. You will someday see Caspian the Ninth again, but not until you die. Don’t look so sad. This life is but a vapor and you will hardly know you were apart.”

“Can – may I go the other world with Glozelle?”

“You may. In that world you will live the rest of your life. You will meet Glozelle there, although he will not look like he did in this world, nor will you. You will be separated from your wife for a while, but you will find her again.”

“Will I ever see you again?”

“Not until you die, but I will be with you in that world. I am in the other place, but I have another Name. You must learn to call me by It. You will talk with me in spirit and feel my presence, but you cannot see me. Now, it is time for you to go. This link between worlds will not last forever.”

“Thank you, Aslan. I will try to be a better person there than I was here.”

“You were fine here, but you were at odds with Miraz. He dragged you down to his level and compelled you to do things you would not otherwise have done. Do not let that happen anymore. Do not remember your former sins – even the greatest king ever in that world was a murderer. I would advise you to say good-bye to your wife, as you will be parted for a while.”

Sopespian and Katelinia embraced. They walked to and through the tree and immediately were transformed. Sopespian became a teenager with dirty blond hair who lives in Indianapolis. He met Glozelle there, and they often reminisce about the good old days of Telmar. He has yet to be reacquainted with Katelinia, but cannot wait to meet her. Since he came to earth, Sopespian has joined The Dancing Lawn – Official Forum of Narnia Fans and does not hesitate nor cease to inject some Telmarine humor into the Narnian banter.

Mike

Last edited:
I also loved it! Not everyone can combine humor and a worthwhile spiritual illustration in one short piece of writing, but you did it. Now let me try some humor too.

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Telmar.
Telmar who?
Telmar about Sopespian!

In other words, I urge you to tell us more adventures of yourself as "really being" the redeemed version of that Lewisian character. And write them also in THIS thread, so the first one won't vanish off the queue.

Very nice Sopespian! It was a real treat to read the story about the redemption of your fourm namesake. Like CF said, please keep writing stories such as this in this thread. I look forward to reading more of these! :)

Crazy! *shakes head* Do tell us what else is going on, you crazy Telmarine!! :p

(I bet Katelinia is somewhere here in these forums too. I gotta find her out!)

Last edited:
Yes, I enjoyed this story about Lord Sopespian. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this must be a continuation from tjhe film? For, if I'm not mistaken, in the book it is Lord Glozelle who slew Miraz, and Sospespian is slain in the battle by Peter, who beheaded him, whilst Glozelle's fate is not recorded.

Back