Votes: 24 66.7%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It wasn't good at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED it!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Ron in the background was like the end of HBP when Hermione and Harry were discussing their plans with Ron saying nothing.

I had heard and was resigned to the fact that Harry told them before going into the forest, but when reading that scene in the book, I imagined it being filmed in slow motion with a somber theme playing as Harry walks through the castle alone, watching the occasional person helping a fellow injured ally.

MrBob

OK, I saw it, and have to say -- I loved it.

Yes, there was too much left out from the book, and too much was changed from the book. I would rather have seen a 6-hour finale made out of DH with all the wonderful stuff from the book. I hate that so much was sacrificed for the film!!! I hated not seeing how Fred died! And I hate that they eliminated Percy completely from the series, and I hate that we didn't see more of Bill and Fleur and Tonks and Lupin and their blue-haired baby. There was too much left out!

And I especially hate that Luna and Neville's characters were truncated, and that we didn't get to hear what may be my favorite line in all the books, from Neville: "Dawlish is in St Mungo's and Gran is on the run." That is freaking genius! I hate that they had to so horribly shorten the Prince's Tale, although what we saw of it was well done, and I hate that we didn't get Dumbledore's explanations about Grindelwald and his sister in King's Cross Station.

I hate that there wasn't more Snape and more Bellatrix.

OK, I hate how much was left out!

But setting that aside, I loved the film. I was crying from ... probably when Snape was murdered until the very last shot, seriously, tears rolling down my cheeks, worse than the end of VDT.

Although it was very different from the book, I liked Hermione and Ron's knowing that Harry was going to sacrifice himself, and that Hermione wanted to go with him; that was really beautiful and true to her character if she had known in the book.

I liked the idea of Neville and Luna as a couple. I loved the vignette at the end with the elderly Potters and Weaselys and their little children. I liked the Malfoys running away from the castle.

There was lots I liked. I want to see it again. In all, I thought it was nicely done even if it is not like the book.

The only part I didn't care for much was how Voldemort died. It just seemed odd, and out of context, since Harry was the true owner of the Elder Wand. It would've been cool to see the wand fly through the air, Harry catch it and Voldie fall back with his arms splayed, and then he dies...just like in the book.

I also would've love to have seen Luna saying her thoughts about Dobby over his grave, and more of the scenes at Shell Cottage. But we just have to deal with it, and we are lucky to have the books with all of the parts that we love, and hold dear to our hearts, that were excluded from the movies.

I wish the entire ending battle and duels between Mrs Weasely and Bellatrix and Harry and Voldemort would have been done exactly the same as in the book. That final battle in the book was like poetry, and made clear that even then Harry didn't go to kill Voldemort, but it was Voldy's own curse that got him ... because the elder wand gave allegiance to Harry. That's maybe my biggest beef with the movie, that they changed the very final part of the battle too much so that a lot of symbolism was lost -- I loved in the book when Harry told Voldy to try for some remorse; even then he didn't want Voldemort to become the tortured little thing in Kings Cross station ...

But if they did not do that right, if they could not for some reason make the final battle exactly as it is in the book, at least they did a lot of cool things that made it a good movie, in my opinion.

I agree. It was hardly like how I would wish, in a perfect world, for the movie to be, but it was still pretty good. It was a brilliant movie, and well, if they couldn't get it right then at least they made it a movie to remember. :)

Yes it was still a movie well-done, and a good way to end the movie series. Some of the things they change from the books in the movies made me not want to see them anymore...especially with OOTP. I did get over that, but the ending in the book is the best and the more fitting way to end it. It was the sense that even though Harry survived again, he could've still been killed once he came back from being in limbo. Also I felt the curse in Voldemorts wand building up as read the book, but I didn't get that sense in the movie, because all they did Priori Incantatem again. I just didn't like that Voldemort turned into ash. I guess they had to make it that way moviewise, because it was more fitting for moviegoers, but wasn't true to the story.

I wish the entire ending battle and duels between Mrs Weasely and Bellatrix and Harry and Voldemort would have been done exactly the same as in the book. That final battle in the book was like poetry, and made clear that even then Harry didn't go to kill Voldemort, but it was Voldy's own curse that got him ... because the elder wand gave allegiance to Harry. That's maybe my biggest beef with the movie, that they changed the very final part of the battle too much so that a lot of symbolism was lost -- I loved in the book when Harry told Voldy to try for some remorse; even then he didn't want Voldemort to become the tortured little thing in Kings Cross station ...

But if they did not do that right, if they could not for some reason make the final battle exactly as it is in the book, at least they did a lot of cool things that made it a good movie, in my opinion.

I totally agree about the last battle between Voldy and Harry. I really wanted him to mention the "remorse" bit but other than that, the movie was really well done.

Though I really wish they'd included the bit where Ron and Hermione are kissing and Harry tells them to break it up because there's a war going on. :p

I'm kind of glad that Ron and Hermione only got that one kiss down in the Chamber of Secrets, as I'm not muh of a Romione shipper....

It was a good movie, it had a nice and cinematic end, and even if it wasn't how we would wish it to be, it was still something great. :)

OK, I saw it, and have to say -- I loved it.

Yes, there was too much left out from the book, and too much was changed from the book. I would rather have seen a 6-hour finale made out of DH with all the wonderful stuff from the book. I hate that so much was sacrificed for the film!!! I hated not seeing how Fred died! And I hate that they eliminated Percy completely from the series, and I hate that we didn't see more of Bill and Fleur and Tonks and Lupin and their blue-haired baby. There was too much left out!

And I especially hate that Luna and Neville's characters were truncated, and that we didn't get to hear what may be my favorite line in all the books, from Neville: "Dawlish is in St Mungo's and Gran is on the run." That is freaking genius! I hate that they had to so horribly shorten the Prince's Tale, although what we saw of it was well done, and I hate that we didn't get Dumbledore's explanations about Grindelwald and his sister in King's Cross Station.

I hate that there wasn't more Snape and more Bellatrix.

OK, I hate how much was left out!

There was lots I liked. I want to see it again. In all, I thought it was nicely done even if it is not like the book.

As much as we want movies based on books to stick to the books as much as possible, this is physically impossible. As you have said, it would take hours to do so, which is not possible. Also, you have to give the movie makes some room to be creative and tell the story the way they see it. If they weren't creative people, they would not be good at what they do, and thus the movies would be bad anyway.
That said, they could have got a bit more into it, as it was only 2 hours 10 or something long.

My step-daughters got me the early registration as a get-well gift while I was ill -- but I have not received the notification that I can get in yet. I haven't been online much this past week though so maybe there's something in my inbox ...

I got an email say that I was in :) I wont get in till later in the month though.
I think I got the same email -- here is what it said:

You have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!

We’re really excited to confirm that you are one of the lucky people selected for early entry into Pottermore, ahead of when it is open-to-all in October, to help us add finishing touches!

We will activate your account between mid-August and the end of September, so keep checking your inbox for our Welcome email. When this arrives you will be able to enter Pottermore. In the meantime, you can check the Pottermore Insider for all the latest news, updates and announcements.

We look forward to welcoming you to Pottermore.

Fweeeee!

I got an email say that I was in :) I wont get in till later in the month though.

You have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!

We’re really excited to confirm that you are one of the lucky people selected for early entry into Pottermore, ahead of when it is open-to-all in October, to help us add finishing touches!

We will activate your account between mid-August and the end of September, so keep checking your inbox for our Welcome email. When this arrives you will be able to enter Pottermore. In the meantime, you can check the Pottermore Insider for all the latest news, updates and announcements.

We look forward to welcoming you to Pottermore.

Fweeeee!

Fweeeee!

I also got the letter! I am very excited to see what wand I will get and what house I am in. Personally, I would choose Ravenclaw, but a funny feeling inside that I am a Hufflepuff.

I also have a treat for you!
Three weeks ago, I went to Comic-Con 2011, and saw the Harry Potter Fandom Panel. I was very excited and please at the panel, it was very interesting. I have found a great video of the whole panel, very good sound. Here is the link.
Part 1(of four) of the panel-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f75p1Kct30

Jason Isaacs(Malfoy's dad) in the movie also panel crashed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EKGLBVQX8&feature=related

Back