Emeritus
OK, ST fans, let's talk!

Favorite ST series?
Favorite character?
Favorite episode?

This is the place for Star Trek.

random ST fact: Trekkie is the only fan listed in the encyclopedia. :D

My favorite series is Voyager.

My Favorite character out of the whole thing is probably Bones. Who doesn't love him? I mean come on.

Favorite episode....hard to say since I haven't seen all the episodes of TOS. but for Voyager, Someone To Watch Over Me or Shattered.

Voyager and Enterprise are the two series that I know the least about! I watched a few Voyagers, but not many. I've seen all the ToS a bunch of times, all TNG and all DS9.

Usually Spock is my favorite character...

For favorite episode, I like "The Trouble with Tribbles" from ToS and the Tribble one they made on DS9, which I can't remember the name of the episode. It's fun to watch those back to back.

Voyager is the best of all time!!!!
then Ds9, TNG, and TOS are all three in second
then poor enterprise is last lol

I have too many fav characters but I think either Dr. Crusher, 7 of 9, or Worf is my favorite...
fav couple though is Tom and B'lanna with Crusher and Picard and Worf and Dax as a close second.

fav episode ever is when Wesley Crusher is a part of a forbidden stunt and because of it one of his team mates die. Its quite sad but a great episode.

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh, I hated it that Wesley and his classmates did that stunt and got one of them killed and embarrassed Crusher and Picard and disappointed them ... it was so sad!!!

I didn't care about Crusher/Picard as a couple. Tom and B'elana, I saw a bit of that on Voyager, and I thought they were cute. But Worf and Dax was an excellent combination! I also liked the suggestion of Worf and Deanna for a while ... I didn't care that much for Sisko/Cassie, either. I loved Odo/Kira. That was so sweet.

Favorite ST series?
Voyager

Favorite character? Chakotay

Favorite episode? season 7 endgame

Lol, I love you! Those are all my favorites besides Endgame. Horrible series finale.

and ink, the DS9 episode you were thinking of is Trials and Tribbolations (sp?).

I'd quite forgotten the Kirk was from...Iowa, right?

I honestly can't wait for the movie. It looks really cool, and I'm pretty certain the music will be AWESOME because Michael Giacchino is the composer.

My favorite TV series would still have to be New Generation because that was the very first series I ever watched. The original series is next on the list.

Favorite characters would be: Bones, Scotty, Spock, Kirk, Picard, Worf (W00T!)....Geordi La Forge....lol.

My favorite episode is really my favorite movie, a.k.a. Star Trek II, but I like the episode where Khan first appears and the episode involving a neo-modern Roman empire where Kirk realizes at the end that the "followers of the Sun" are really the "followers of the SON," a.k.a. Christians. Yayyy!!!!

My favorite episode is really my favorite movie, a.k.a. Star Trek II, but I like the episode where Khan first appears and the episode involving a neo-modern Roman empire where Kirk realizes at the end that the "followers of the Sun" are really the "followers of the SON," a.k.a. Christians. Yayyy!!!!

I love that episode! "Bread and Circuses." It was so cute that Uhura pointed that out too. I always imagined her going to a really cool church back on earth and singing in the choir and stuff. :D

The Original Series was totally the best. Their episode titles were great, like "For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky." What TV show can get away with that long of a title nowadays? (By the way that episode was good, Bones was terminally ill and got married!) The characters all seemed to like each other and I felt some real connection to them, they seemed to actually be people rather than trying too hard to be "Sci-Fi people."

I think my favorite episode is "Journey to Babel." It's exciting and sweet. Spock's family comes to visit along with a lot of diplomats and Spock and his Dad are not on good terms and there are assassination attempts on board the ship. It does involve one of Kirk's silliest fight scenes and some of the worst makeup/costuming on the show but that totally does not take anything away from it. Great episode, it moved me more than any Next Generation episode, ever.

I like some of what I've seen of the new movie but if Kirk and Uhura...you know... I'm going to puke all over the movie theater. NOOOOOOO!!! Let SOMEONE be smart enough not to go for Kirk, please!

I didn't look at the clips yet, but I will. I am excited about the new movie, it's been too long!

I agree that Wrath of Kahn movie and the ToS original episode with Kahn, Space Seed were pretty much genius. But then, Ricardo Montalban, the Kahn actor, is a favorite of mine anyway.

Thank you, AK, for the name of the DS9 episode! How could I forget that?!

If Spike TV starts showing Voyager episodes again I will try to get my Tivo to tape it, that's how I finally saw all the episodes of DS9.

Does anyone read the Star Trek books? I've read a bunch.

I loved end game !!! I thought it was exicting !!!!! I loved it they made it home. I just wished they couldve had mabe a couple more episodes though showing where they were going to be asigned next. did they stay together as a crew and go on more missions. or did some of them get assigned on differnt posts?. and I would have loved to see how 7of9 was fitting in on earth was she excepted or did other people give her a hard time because she greww up borg.

I do like the next generation and deep space 9 I only seen a few episodes of enterprize so i cant comet on enterprize. but voyager I like the best. mabe they will make a movie about voyager :) out of the next generation I like the episode where deanna troy has a baby i cried at the end of that one. my favorite on that show is data and out of deepspace9 worf.

I didn't look at the clips yet, but I will. I am excited about the new movie, it's been too long!

I agree that Wrath of Kahn movie and the ToS original episode with Kahn, Space Seed were pretty much genius. But then, Ricardo Montalban, the Kahn actor, is a favorite of mine anyway.

Thank you, AK, for the name of the DS9 episode! How could I forget that?!

If Spike TV starts showing Voyager episodes again I will try to get my Tivo to tape it, that's how I finally saw all the episodes of DS9.

Does anyone read the Star Trek books? I've read a bunch.

I've read some Star Trek books. I like "Vulcan's Forge" the best. It has a lot of young Spock and it compares the ancient Vulcan civilization to the Hebrew civilization. It has a lot of other interesting elements as well. I've read some selections of the ones by William Shatner but I wasn't a big fan. I also like the novelization for the NG episode "Unification."What can I say, I'm a Spock fan... :D

I loved end game !!! I thought it was exicting !!!!! I loved it they made it home. I just wished they couldve had mabe a couple more episodes though showing where they were going to be asigned next. did they stay together as a crew and go on more missions. or did some of them get assigned on differnt posts?. and I would have loved to see how 7of9 was fitting in on earth was she excepted or did other people give her a hard time because she greww up borg.

I didn't like Endgame because it left loose threads. We didnt' get to see Janeway's promotion to Admiral (evidenced in Nemesis); we didn't get to see Tom's reaction to his daughter; we didnt' get to see Seven's breakup with chakotay (yes, they did! Which is awesome news for us JCers. :D )

And we didn't get to see anything with Tom and his father.

The whole SEven and Chakotay thing shouldn't have happened. I feel like they fell back on it because Kate Mulgrew didn't want a Janeway\Chakotay romance.

Ok, I'm through ranting for now.

but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.

but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.

Man is it OFFICIAL that the Kirk and Uhura thing happens? Please say no... I want to see this movie sooo bad! I love old Trek and I've wanted more movies with them ever since I watched the original series, but why do they have to exaggerate the Kirk thing? I mean in the Original Series or even in Next Gen, if they potrayed someone as a womanizer you didn't have to see all their encounters, you can use some subtlety and still get a point across. I don't think they HAD to make that Kirk's big thing, yeah he flirts with everyone but that doesn't mean it's what he's all about, or that it's what is most important to him. Focusing on that cheapens him and Uhura and everyone else he encounters. I really can't stand the Uhura thing. It's so offensive of Hollywood to say "Look! Let's take one of the first black females in a position of authority on television and turn her into Kirk's latest babe! That will make her look like such a strong woman character!" Uh, no. Original Uhura had more guts and more brains than that, even in the era in which she was originally written.

If I do go see it I will certainly read advance reviews and leave during any scenes like that.

Last edited:
I know it's official because of an interview with Chris Pine (Kirk). He pretty much said that it was a "Uhura striptease"...whatever that means. So, I don't know if it'll go to a certain point then stop, or if it'll be a full you-know-what kind of scene. *shrugs*.

But my dad and I are going to see it. I've never seen a Trek film in theaters and I want to.

Oh my, that would be terrible. That would really cheapen both Kirk and Uhura's characters.

The whole SEven and Chakotay thing shouldn't have happened. I feel like they fell back on it because Kate Mulgrew didn't want a Janeway\Chakotay romance.
I did not watch a lot of Voyager, but I did see the first few episodes and a few of the ones at the end of the run, and I felt the same about Chakotay/Seven. It was just like, we have to get someone else in a romance because the Tom/B'elanna thing was already established ... it was like an afterthought if they couldn't have Janeway in a romance with Chakotay ...

I read on Youtube, after I posted a comment about J\C, that Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) didn't want the romance because she didn't want her boys thinking that it was okay for you to have a relationship with your boss.

I've also heard that Robert Beltran (Chakotay) and Kate didn't really get along all that well, so I think that's more of a reason than anything.

Back