Pirates Forever

oxford girl

This is a new story I started, I hope you like it. Its about Pirates, please post what you think.:D

Prologue

She slowly stood up, venturing a look out the window. The smoke had started to clear. She couldn’t see anything yet; the smoke was still too thick.
“What do you see?” A voice asked from behind her, she turned around, the princess was standing there.
“Nothing m’lady, the smoke is still to thick.”
“I wonder why the captain sent us below, why do you think he did Nia?” The princess asked, in her grown up voice.
Nia smiled slightly, even though the princess was 10, two years older then Nia, she tried to act much older, but she always asked Nia for her advice.
“Well,” Nia began, in a mature grown up voice, she looked at the princess, “I think that the captain just wanted to make sure you were safe, it’s very dangerous in there waters, with the pirates and all.”
“I know that,” the princess said, slightly annoyed, “but no one would dare attack the ship with the King’s daughter on, and that doesn’t explain the smoke,” she insisted. She brushed a strand of silky blond hair out of her blue eyes with a sigh.
“Nia,” she said as she looked in the mirror, at her beautiful face, even though she was only ten, her beauty was known though out all of England. She turned and looked at Nia, “I want you to go out on deck and see what is going on.”
“But m’lady,” Nia protested, “the captain said…”
“I don’t care what the captain said,” she snapped, interrupting Nia, “I’m the princess and I want to know what’s going on, now go look.” Nia hesitated. “Now!” She sighed, “Yes, your majesty.” Nia walked over to the door, and put her hand on the handle, she slowly turned it. I’m going to get in so much trouble for this, she thought. The door opened, with out a sound, Nia looked out. The sailors seemed to all be occupied with something; no one seemed to notice an eight year old girl on deck. She slowly started to walk to the edge of the ship, and then froze. She heard the captain talking to someone, Nia tried to hear what they were saying, but she couldn’t, it just sounded like mumbling, she was about to keep going when she heard on word clearly, pirates. “Pirates,” she whispered, “they said pirates.” She looked around, to see if anyone had seen her, she saw more smoke, and what looked like part of a ship. She ran to the side of the ship, not caring if anyone saw her, “Oh my…” She said gasping at what she saw; the ship they were supposed to meet was completely destroyed.
“Nia!” She turned, the captain had seen her, she started to run. Someone grabbed her arm, it was the first mate. “Thomas, bring her here,” the captain said from the stern, he was looking at them though a spy glass. “Yes sir,” Thomas said, he looked down at Nia, his face was read from the wind, a few wrinkles showed, betraying his age. “This way miss,” He walked tords the captain, his black hair being ruffled by the wind. Nia followed him to the stern; the captain was waiting for them. “Nia, what were you doing up her?” the captain asked, his face hardened in anger. “I told you to stay in the cabin.” Nia swallowed, “I wanted to stay in the cabin, sir, but the princess, and she ordered me to see what was going on.” The captain sigh, his face softened, “I shouldn’t have known she would do something like that, I’ll talk to her.” The captain walked past Nia and Thomas, he stopped suddenly and turned, “Thomas, keep an eye on her.” He looked at Nia, “do not tell anyone about you saw, ever.”

Bravo Tess!! I can't wait to read more, this sounds awesome. Your writing style is really, really great. :)

Nia gulped, “yes sir.” He nodded then went to the cabin, Nia watched him go. She walked over to the side of the ship and looked at the wreckage. She saw pieces of wood, cargo and the British flag, she looked around for a few more moments, she stared at something, it was a coat, it looked oddly familor, but she didn’t know why. She suddenly screamed, someone had picked her up, it was Thomas. “Let me go,” she demanded, kicking him in the shin. He gasped in pain, “no,” he said though clenched teeth, “you shouldn’t be here.” Thomas started walking across the ship, caring Nia, turds the captains cabin, where the princess was. Nia could hear the princess arguing with the captain. “I’ll be talking to your father about this,” Nia heard the captain say. Thomas put Nia down as the door opened, the captain walked out. He was obviously mad, “miss,” he said, nodding to Nia. He walked past her and Thomas, to the wheel. The princess looked out the door at Nia. “Get in here, now!”

At 8? I would've twisted my neck down and chomped hard on his arm or hand....

Who's coat was it? Probably Nia's brother!

TESS! That's mean! Killing the 8-year-olds brother!

Nia sighed, she walked away from Thomas and into the cabin. She shut the door.
"What's going on outside," the princess asked ergarly. Nia's mind was racing, she had to think of something the princess would belive.
"Um, well," Nia begain as she tucked a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear. "I dont think I should tell you."
"NIA!! Tell me," the princess demanded.
"Oh, all right," Nia said, she leaned closer to the princess, "you cant tell anyone I told you." The princess sighed, "I wont, now come on, what was the smoke from?" Nia looked at the princess, "the salors on the other ship," she whispered, "mutanied, and burnt there uniforms, it was horrifying." Nia said, shivering. "You poor dear," the princess said as she put a comferting arm around Nia'd sholders. "Well, lets just forget about this and enjoy the rest of our trip," the princess said, smiling.

Back