Is Glenburne male or Female?

Is Glenburn male or female?

• Total voters
You err. I will simply find new modes of gathering information, possibly one of your brothers. And you have lost the opportunity of misinforming, brainwashing or otherwise influencing me.

Me: Why does sweat taste salty?

Glen's brother: Because if it tasted sweet, people would be licking their elbow pits all the time.

Me: That's very interesting, thank you. I have 2091 more questions, none of them about catholic saints.

Glen's brother: I will be very happy to answer them all.

If you think that any of my brothers are trustworthy sources of information, then there's a Hogwarts acceptance letter waiting in your mailbox.

*glares* While my brother has graduated and is now attempting to take college courses in a hopelessly practical major, he does seem to remember a few things I taught him. Such as, you can't step in the same river twice. Also treeness. And can't/Kant puns.

We just didn't cover topics like Why the Aristotelian Ideal of the Good Life Means You Should Go to Bed on Time and Get Up Before Noon.

Even if you had covered it, your brother might decide not to conform to the Aristotelian ideal... We can't all be Aristotelians, Glen. Not least because it's way harder to pronounce than 'human'.

But isn't the Aristotelian ideal basically the same thing as being authentically human? And if it is authentic humanness, why shouldn't we at least be able to pronounce it?

Because people get confused about what "human" means, but don't get (as) confused about what "Aristotelian" means.

Back