call for Narniopoly Game Board designers

Benisse

Perelandrian
Staff member
Royal Guard
To celebrate the end of summer, let's design a Narniopoly board together, based on Monopoly. Volunteers joining the design team will have the joy of adapting a standard Monopoly playing board to reflect the Seven Chronicles, and hopefully some team members will actually be able to implement our ideas graphically:

Note: these are working Titles, and are subject to revision...
1. Sets of three properties:
Book/Place - Color
HHB - light blue TashbaanTombs Trail, The Hermit's Place, Anvard Avenue
PC - fuschia The Miraz Mile, Trufflehunter Terrace, Cornelius Court
VDT - orange King Caspian Square, Dufflepud Drive, Ramandu Road
SC - red Marsh Lands Lane, Northern Mountains Trail, Underland Lane
LB - yellow Cauldron Pool Place, Stable Hill, Reepicheep's Gate
MN - green Woodworlds Boulevard, Charn's End, King Frank's Way

2. Sets of two properties:
Book/Place Color
LWW royal blue Cair Paravel Court, Stone Table Haven
LWW purple Lantern Waste Circle, Beaverdam Drive

3. Tele-transportation (to replace Railroads):
The Rings (MN), the Wardrobe (LWW), the Painting (VDT), The Doors (PC & LB)

4. Other spaces to replace:
community chest & chance Tarva & Alambil
free parking Aslan's Table
Go (collect $200) Further Up and Further In
luxury tax Turkish Delight
utilities Deplorable Word
Go to Jail Silver Chair (lose a turn)

Who would like to get On Board to help?
Please post in this thread which property sets and/or spaces you would like to name/design and I will update this post #1 so you can see which jobs still are available. If you would like to help with graphics in addition to creating/adapting space names, post that info in this thread too. Due date for names for #1-4: September 15.

Note: Please focus on place names or significant structures for the properties (e.g., Cair Paravel and Aslan's How for the royal blue properties) rather than character names by themselves.

I can't wait to see the creative ideas you come up with!
blessings, Benisse

p.s. Bonus jobs:
*After* the board is done, would you like to help on the team that writes the cards for the [chance] and [community chest] decks? I think we would need at least 16 cards per deck... But let's focus creating the board done first rather than bothering about those cards right now.

p.p.s. What currency should we use for the rents? (I assume we will NOT use Calormene crescents!)
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Wow, that's hard to think about just like that. I have all the names jumbled up in my head, but I was thinking about HHB we could use the following: Tisroc Gardens, Riverbank (a house), and The Hermit's Place. What do you think?

Ooooh I definitely want to do this. I just played the real Narnia monopoly at MissR's house last week. ;)

Wow, that's hard to think about just like that. I have all the names jumbled up in my head, but I was thinking about HHB we could use the following: Tisroc Gardens, Riverbank (a house), and The Hermit's Place. What do you think?

I like your Tisroc Gardens and The Hermit's Place suggestions a lot and have added them to Post#1 already... but Riverbank sounds a bit vague. Could you give it a bit more thought and come up with a third property from HHB?
Thanks BK!
Linda

How about Lantern Waste for a LWW property? And maybe replace Aslan's How with the Stone Table since the How didn't exsist yet. And instead of railroads maybe have the gifts that Father Christmas gave the children. Although, you'll have to split one of them up since Edmund didn't get one.

I think that instead of railroads, we need to have some sort of transportation space. Maybe one of them could be the Dawn Treader. Another could be the Wardrobe, or maybe the two magical rings. Just a thought.

Those would work.

Maybe instead of Electric company and water company-

Lucy's cordial

Susan's horn.

Under ground kingdom in SC-

Dragon's lair ( the sleeping dragons)

Father Time's Cove

Green Witch's castle.

Loose a turn- is The Silver Chair itself.

I think that instead of railroads, we need to have some sort of transportation space. Maybe one of them could be the Dawn Treader. Another could be the Wardrobe, or maybe the two magical rings. Just a thought.

Dawn Treader, Wardrobe, Rings, Wood Between the World, even the sticks at the end of Prince Caspian, they're picturesque.

Warrior Satyr - You are so right. I changed the How to the Table and added Lantern Waste.

Narnian Warrior - I posted your suggestions - thanks!

Sven-El - I like the idea of replacing luxury tax and utilities with the cordial and horn, except If we do so I think it should change those spaces to something positive instead of tax penalties. Otherwise we will need to pick something a bit more negative... Also do you just want Silver Chair to be a lose your turn card or do you want it to replace Go To Jail?

Gondorgirl - Your underground suggestion sounds great for SC but do mean the Underlands or Bism?

In general we have more suggestions for Silver Chair than we can use. I plugged some in post #1 but I'm open to changes if you all prefer another trio of sites.

Eustace - your portals to Narnia are a great idea! How about Wardrobe, Dawn Treader, green/yellow rings and ___? Right now I have the Father Christmas gifts in the railroad slots, but we could handle them another way if people like the portals idea more, and if we can agree on a fourth.

Copperfox - thanks for your suggestions! I plugged in your properties :)

Ah what a great idea :)

Well, how about the town at (Beruna Ford)
and/or the some of the isles from VODT?

And who could leave out Anvard (Archenland)
the possibilities are endless! (laughs madly)

Well, it might do to pull out all the maps and mull them over together eh? It'll be less likely we'll forget something then...

I like your Tisroc Gardens and The Hermit's Place suggestions a lot and have added them to Post#1 already... but Riverbank sounds a bit vague. Could you give it a bit more thought and come up with a third property from HHB?
Thanks BK!
Linda
Yes, Linda, Riverbank was too vague. I couldn't come up with something else for it. But the Tombs as proposed by Corin is good. Maybe add something like Tombs Circle or Tombs.... Oh, I know! Tombs Trail! What do you think?

I think that the Wood Between the Worlds would be ideal as a substitute for Free Parking as they are both a type of temporary sanctuary, unless of course you happen to be Jadis or someone of similar "virtues" !

Giants Castle or Harfang House/Castle - Jail.

Back