Votes: 24 66.7%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • It wasn't good at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED it!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I would just like to point out one thing.

Even though the King Cross scene was short, it was well done. I really like how they quote the book directly. Dumbledore was very well done.

Voldemort hugging Draco Malfoy is the funniest thing that ever was.

I'm not seeing it for another week or so either, but I'm more a fan of the literature.. so.. I don't really see anything from the film as spoilers since, well, I already read the book. XP

I HATE MOVIE GINNY. Sorry. Had to say it. Love book Ginny. Hate movie Ginny.

NEVILLE WAS SUCH A BOSS IN THIS. I loved him. I also like how the movie hints at Neville-Luna because I ALWAYS wanted that. Always.
Ahh, I completely agree with you about Ginny, and I'm so glad to hear that Neville's awesomeness (am I allowed to say bamf on here?) was translated over to the screen!

I am extremely excited for Snape in this one, though. I really like Alan Rickman for some reason, and I love him as Snape... so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed there.

I think I won't go for it because silly me read review and see trailer. But I think that yes, Voldy hugging Draco is funny... and strange. Normally he would kill someone and not hug! It is scary. But great. Did anyone notice that from what you say you can think that: the wand is breaked+ evil dies= LWW? A connection, I mean!

Voldemort hugging Draco Malfoy is the funniest thing that ever was.

Agreed.

I am extremely excited for Snape in this one, though. I really like Alan Rickman for some reason, and I love him as Snape... so I'm hoping I won't be disappointed there.

Oh you will not be disappointed, it was even better than I ever imagined it, Alan Rickman is beast.

if you are going and can't remember what happens in the 1st part, here is a summary for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgVMecNp0c

" hating on Ron Weasley..... Dancing with Hermione..." Classics!!

XD I love that thing.

***Spoiler Warning***

Draco isn't really wimpy I don't think. When all the Malfoys walk away the still think that Voldemort is the one in power. So in a sence they are rebelling silently because they know they would never be accepted into the side of the light, because of what they have done before.

I enjoyed it. I would have of liked to see Teddy and have their been more then one mention. I thought the Draco/Voldemort hug was hillarious.

I like the train scene I thought it really true to the book. I didn't like how much of the film was silent. It was odd.

Last edited:
Unhallowed, unhonoured, and unsung ... the end of HP

Having divided it into two parts, they could have done Nagini’s death properly after having done Neville’s speech and torture properly. They went all Hollywood at that point and rendered a most powerful scene virtually pointless – unless you just “luv” Hollywood chase scenes as a crude attempt to build tension. The whole bit with Snape’s death by Nagini striking 3 times after the useless sectum sepra spell by Voldemort was overdone. Frankly, I’m really shocked that JKR allowed those crucial changes. They could have presented them as written without difficulty. I also found the whole tenor of the story hollywoodized (in the sense of bowdlerized) by the interactions of Lord Voldemort with the death of the horcruxes and their secondary impact on Harry. I thought it crucial in the books that Voldemort had passed beyond the capability of knowing such because of the mutilation of his own soul, in fact, I seem to recall Dumbledore telling Harry that.

On the other hand, it followed the conventions of the Hollywood action-adventure movie and one can see how the limitations of the medium limited the story. No surprise, really. And it could have been worse, I suppose. I shan’t be making a second trip to the theatre to see it. I’ll wait till I get the movie as a DVD as a gift to see it again. It unimpressed me that much.

Last edited:
I admit, I didn't like some of the changes they made, but I still felt the ending was epic as it should be, and it still felt like Harry Potter for me.

I saw DH part 2 twice. Once on Thursday night, and the other time was last night. I loved it both time and cried. I also noticed other things like Ron screaming at Goyle and saying that was his girlfriend he almost killed, or something. I also loved the Luna-Neville part towards the end, because Luna was my favorite new character from the OOTP book, and Evanna does wonders as her. I wasn't that happy with how Voldemort died, because I love the book version better.

I thought the Gringotts scene was alright, and I really enjoyed the Dragon escape scene. Snape's memory was a terrific part of the film, and brought tears to my eyes...just like when I read the book 4 years ago. I enjoyed seeing the Hermione parts, because she is my most favorite character from Harry Potter. I really enjoyed the Harry-Dumbledore scene, but I wish it could've been a lot longer, because there was more in the book. There is more that I enjoyed about it, and I will post more later.

Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows

I have not seen the previous Harry Potter movies nor have I read any of the books, but, the word is going around that this movie is fantastic and is the best out of all HP's,and since this is the last of the series I may pop along to a cinema for a look.:(

I'm not seeing it for another week or so either, but I'm more a fan of the literature.. so.. I don't really see anything from the film as spoilers since, well, I already read the book. XP

Same here. I just started re-reading the series and it's been more magical than any of the movies. I've seen some images from DH Part 2 and it looks like it's really good, but I don't think I'll have a problem waiting another week or two to see it.

I am finishing up re-reading DH right now ... so I will be extra aware of the changes in the film. I am saddened by my fellow ink's response -- as he is a HP mavin -- and hope I am not disappointed!

I hope to get my hubby to take me out to the iMax some evening this week. Did anyone see it in 3D iMax? How was it?

I am finishing up re-reading DH right now ... so I will be extra aware of the changes in the film. I am saddened by my fellow ink's response -- as he is a HP mavin -- and hope I am not disappointed!

I hope to get my hubby to take me out to the iMax some evening this week. Did anyone see it in 3D iMax? How was it?

I purposefully never reread books right before I see the movies, it doesn't help me enjoy the movie at all. ;)

Throwing in another thing...
I don't like how the movies deal with the relationships of the Trio. They took out the fact that RON is Harry's best friend. Not to say Hermione wasn't - but Ron and Harry's relationship is a lot tighter than the movies make it. The last one, having Hermione being the one to hug Harry before his death and numerous other times and having Ron just stand there is so very very very out of character for him.

Throwing in another thing...
I don't like how the movies deal with the relationships of the Trio. They took out the fact that RON is Harry's best friend. Not to say Hermione wasn't - but Ron and Harry's relationship is a lot tighter than the movies make it. The last one, having Hermione being the one to hug Harry before his death and numerous other times and having Ron just stand there is so very very very out of character for him.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I liked it that he did get to tell then, and loved what they did between him and Hermione, but I was like " What about Ron?!" In their defense, Ron had just lost his brother, so maybe he was meant to be in shock?

Last edited:
Back