Kingdom Hearts: Journey of Discovery final mix

World Wanderer

Chapter 1
Radiant Garden…
???’s POV
Everything had been calm and peaceful that morning until the shaking. At first I thought that it had been an earthquake, but Merlin had found strange energy in the air. Even I knew earthquakes didn’t leave energy like what I had sensed when I used my magic to detect it. This energy had been dark, and the area where it had been concentrated felt like someone had taken a knife and stabbed reality with it. I nearly threw up from the feeling.
That’s why I was now out here investigating. If this was a new attack from the Heartless, I had to be sure. And to think we were settling down after Xehanort’s attacks on the universe. Sora and the Guardians of Light had stopped the Seeker of Darkness once and for all, and I had seen peace return to the worlds. Oh the joy that had filled my heart at the happiness I had felt with everyone who had realized that the Heartless threat was over.
I will not let their joy be in vain.
As I approached the recently restored gardens, I braced myself to face a swarm of darkness. To my surprise that wasn’t what I came across. Lying amongst the flowers, in what looked like futuristic red and blue spacesuits , were a teenage boy and girl.

Three months later…
“Stay focused, Clair.” I instructed as I showed her the hand movements for the spell. The thirteen-year old girl kept fumbling with her finger postioning while she attempted to mimic my movements. She was looking much better than she had when I found her months ago. She was now dressed in a purple shirt with a red vest over that. She also adopted the use of blue jeans with red and white shoes. What suck out about her was her hair. It was a shade of brown, but she managed to create two braided strands on both sides of her face. It was cute and gave her some personality, and made it so I wouldn’t mistaken her for Tiger Lily from Neverland. Of course, her violet eyes also managed to help with that as well.
She sighed as all she was able to do was make a few sparks fly. “Mika, I can’t do this.”
I placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay. It’s not important that you get this the first time. Or the second. Or even a thousand times. What matters is you keep trying. Do you know why Merlin gave you that ring?”
She looked at the dragon ring on her left index finger. “He said it chose me.”
“And it wouldn’t have if it had not sensed your gifts. You can use magic. I believe in you.” I spoke the truth like I had never spoken it before. I was going to help her access her ability to use magic.
“Believing in yourself is key for any task you take on.” Merlin said as he came back. He was still wearing the same old blue robe and hat, and carried his rod around him while his long white beard threatened to drag the ground.
I smiled. “Good morning, Merlin. How was your meeting with Ansem the Wise?”
“They are always better without that insufferable Cid.” Merlin said as he sat down at his table amidst his mountains of books. As he poured himself a cup of tea, he looked at Clair. “I have some good news. Doctor Anton Yeller has finished the device on your world, just as Ansem has finally finished the other here. The two of them are certain that by this afternoon you and Jason will be back home.”
“That’s wonderful.” I said as I looked back at Clair. My smile faded as I saw the look of uncertainty on her face. “What’s the matter? Aren’t you happy to be going home?”
She looked at me. “I’m not sure I am. There were lots of… I just have some issues about going back.”
“What about your family? Your friends?”
“I don’t have any friends. Except here.”
That surprised me. “Really?”
She nodded. “I… spent too much time looking for actual books instead of using the holo-library like everyone else. All the girls were interested in was modifying their bodies to look hot and crushing on Greg Turbulent.”
I blinked. “Who?”
“Harthyn’s most famous actor. I was never into him. As a result, the rest of the school shunned me and marked me for ridicule.”
“And the teachers did nothing?”
“The ridicule happened after school. I was on my own. Except for Jason.”
I smiled. “Your boyfriend guardian.”
“Eew, no! He’s not my boyfriend.”
“There’s nothing wrong with that.”
“It is when the person is your cousin.”
I gasped at that. “You two are related?”
“My dad is the brother of his mother.”
“I did not know that.”
“Most people don’t. Besides, if I return to Harthyn, I won’t have access to so many books.”
“Which you can’t read.” The owl Archimedes told her as he came out from his little home.
Clair looked at him. “Hey, come on. Harthyn doesn’t have the languages Latin, French, or even English and Japanese. They’re all new to me, but my condition is helping me learn them.”
“Ah, yes. The universal tongue.” Merlin reminded us. “The magical gift that allows travelers to other worlds to communicate with each other.”
I looked at him. “IT works like this, right? The traveler is actually speaking the language the inhabitants speak, but in their mind they hear their native one.”
“Precisely.” Merlin confirmed. “When we go to the castle, we’ll tell Doctor Yeller that you’re not ready to go home quite yet. That way you can continue your education here.”
Clair smiled. “I’d like that a lot.”

???’s POV
Radiant Garden. Once hailed as the City of Light. Now it’s just a wreck that the foolish inhabitants believe can be redeemed. Even I can see that this world is beyond redemption. Better to destroy it and find somewhere else to live.
The water dripped from loose pipes, creating puddles in the hallway. Guess their king felt like it was better to fix the town before the castle. Idiot. Guess he’ll learn the error of his ways before long.
As I made my way forward I soon found what I was looking for: a large circular room with rows of shelves filled with books and scientific equipment. The walls had all sorts of equations scribbled on them. I found my target sitting behind a desk in the middle of the room tinkering with something.
He stood when he saw me, but it wasn’t fear in his eyes. It was determination. “Who are you, and how did you get in here?”
“Ansem the Wise.” I ignored his question. “You have something I want.”
“And what would that be?”
“Information on the Princesses of Heart.”
He laughed at that. “That information is beyond you. It will avail you nothing.”
“Spare me the lecture. Give me what I came for.”
He stood tall. “Never.”
I formed a Dark Fireball in my hand. “Wrong answer.”

Quick note

Hi everyone,
Here's the first start of a rewrite I'm doing for a FanFiction project I've been working on for years. It's for a game series I like call Kingdom Hearts. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game's story, it follows the adventures of heroes who travel to various worlds based off of the Disney films. While journeying across the worlds, they have to fight various monsters, including the Heartless, demonic beings born from the darkness that exists in the hearts of all living beings that seek to consume all hearts everywhere, including the hearts of the worlds.
Here are some of the films that have been featured in the series, but it's not a complete list because they've used a LOT of Disney films:
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Hercules
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Cinderella

I love this game series because I felt like it made a childhood fantasy of mine come true: of visiting the places in each Disney film and interacting with the characters. For my story, I'm only going to feature 4 Disney worlds so I don't overcrowd it. That was the mistake of my first two attempts to write this, and I don't want to make that same mistake again.
I would appreciate feedback in replies. I feel like the first chapter is too short because generally I like to have chapters be between 2,000-3,000 words. If you have any suggestions as to how I can improve the chapter, I would love to hear them.

And in case any of you are wondering why I'm posting this here, it's because at some point I do plan to have my characters visit Narnia since Disney did the first two Narnia films. I'll be using the first film, so don't worry.

>>> If this was a new attack from the Heartless....

My age betrays itself in my reaction to that line: it made me imagine the Eighties rock band Heart intervening to overcome the menace of the Heartless.

Back