What are you reading II

Monkeh

Pyramid Duster
Knight of the Noble Order
I figured this would be the easiest place to tell you of this great book I picked up.

Its called 'an asian at my table' by an asian comedian called Raybon Kan. He was born and raised in New Zealand but his family are all asian immigrants. The book is a comedy and I'll give you the Blurb plus a couple of the best parts in the book. Oh and it also has the intro written by Whiti Ihimaera (he wrote Whale Rider)

The Blurb
so you decided to pick up this book.
and now you're reading the back. how revealing.
do you choose a car by staring at its boot?
do you choose a lover by looking at thier rear?
actually, you probably do and thats quite normal.

Comedian Raybon Kan has been writing since before he could spell.
In this hilarious greatest hits album, Raybon crawls hands and knees
across the front lines of his worst fears. Tremble as he competes in
an American game show. Swoon as he admires the worlds most
comfortable bra. Burrow as he explains the war in Iraq.

In many ways, this is the definitive history of civilisation.
But don't trust me. I'm just the blurb.

I just finished reading Flames of Rome for a school assignment.. kind of graphic, I guess, and some parts were really sad. Pathetic little me actually cried when the Christians were getting killed. :rolleyes: :p

pleasure: Order of the Phoenix

required reading for school: the Scarlet Letter ... which is okay because I own it and actually do not completely hate it, lol.

required reading for school: the Scarlet Letter ... which is okay because I own it and actually do not completely hate it, lol.

I read that last year for English as well. I love that book, its one of my favorites. If you read deep enough, meaning if you look into the meaning of the book, you'll find it to be quite interesting.

I'm reading the Scarlet Letter, too! I have a list of books to read for AP Lit. next year, so I'm trying to get them all done this summer :D I haven't gotten very far in it, though, so I haven't decided if I like it, yet. But it's pretty good so far.

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books - preparing myself for the Deathly Hallows!

At the mo, I'm reading 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban' - Chapter Grim Defeat.

I've found so many clues reading the books in order that foreshadow things in the other books.

Back